Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucid’s definition of production is the problem. Seems like entering production is when the paperwork is released to the factory to move forward. After paperwork comes kitting, then an extended actual production period, then VIN release prior to interior installation, then an extended QC cycle, then shipped to point of delivery for another QC cycle and then you get it. A gray being released to production means you’ll see it in 3-5 months. At least from what my DA told me today.

Probably. What sort of information are you looking for?
Uh, not sure but I'm sure other people have questions! I'm just sitting on the sidelines watching this whole thing unfold with no skin in the game

Lucid’s definition of production is the problem. Seems like entering production is when the paperwork is released to the factory to move forward. After paperwork comes kitting, then an extended actual production period, then VIN release prior to interior installation, then an extended QC cycle, then shipped to point of delivery for another QC cycle and then you get it. A gray being released to production means you’ll see it in 3-5 months. At least from what my DA told me today.
"Production" is definitely a vague term for them. Ever since GTs went into production 6ish weeks ago, I was told my told my car was "in production." That, seemingly, was untrue until this week, unless they just meant the body was being assembled and then sitting waiting for the turnover to gray paint. The VIN comes after the car is painted, as it enters the final assembly line. My DA said he's been seeing 2-4 weeks from VIN assignment to "ready to ship" for the limited number of GT VINs he's had so far.

"Production" is definitely a vague term for them. Ever since GTs went into production 6ish weeks ago, I was told my told my car was "in production." That, seemingly, was untrue until this week, unless they just meant the body was being assembled and then sitting waiting for the turnover to gray paint. The VIN comes after the car is painted, as it enters the final assembly line. My DA said he's been seeing 2-4 weeks from VIN assignment to "ready to ship" for the limited number of GT VINs he's had so far.
My VIN assignment was almost 4 weeks ago. I scheduled a call with DA today who told me “it looks like your VIN was swapped last week” (never mind why he didn’t tell me). He then commented that he was surprised I haven’t made it to “ready to ship” and that he would escalate to his manager. We agreed to talk tomorrow after he gets some more information.

I Was told a few days ago that my Zenith red / Santa Cruz was still on track for a 4 month window from confirmation. I pointed out that window ends in 2 weeks for me so I guess that means I should receive a VIN sometime next week. I am hoping for delivery in 4 weeks or so after that if everyone’s info is correct.

I Was told a few days ago that my Zenith red / Santa Cruz was still on track for a 4 month window from confirmation. I pointed out that window ends in 2 weeks for me so I guess that means I should receive a VIN sometime next week. I am hoping for delivery in 4 weeks or so after that if everyone’s info is correct.
Given the updated information received yesterday/today by the DAs, it may not be a bad idea to reach back out to yours to reconfirm. He may have just been giving you the company line, but now they have more details they can share.

I spoke with my DA. Here's my update:

Grays have started production this week, my car included. My car is scheduled to be painted next week with hope for a VIN on 4/7 or thereabouts.

He did confirm that silvers are unfortunately quite delayed. The DAs are now calling all their gray and silver reservation holders with updates, so hold tight if you haven't heard yet. They now have a lot more specific information than before, so ask questions if you have them!
Well thats a good sign. I'll look forward to my call for my Grey AGT.

I recall when I got my first Tesla in 2015, a Model S, I waited over 6 months from the time of order. So I guess if I have to wait 4 months (maybe more) for my AGT, thats ok. My confirmed order was March 9.

Do you live nearby? How do you know the count?
All counts are via "Bear's Workshop" on YouTube who does Monday/Wednesday/Friday flyovers of the Lucid facility weather permitting.

Just got off the phone with my DA...Silver will not go into production until June/July.
@bobofat, @WildRide47, @dale246, @PSTom, @BradSholl - see above quoted message about Silver being delayed until July, likely delaying your car further if you have a later confirmation date. I recommend reaching out to your Delivery Advisor to request more information or changing colors (NOTE: my recommendation, not Lucid's).

I recall when I got my first Tesla in 2015, a Model S, I waited over 6 months from the time of order. So I guess if I have to wait 4 months (maybe more) for my AGT, thats ok. My confirmed order was March 9.
I'm with you there. I ordered the current Model S Long Range on the launch day back in 2021, with a delivery ETA of June 2021. It still hasn't been built - it is my back-up of back-up options at this point, behind the EQS.

According to this definition, we’ve all been in production since our parents signed their marriage certificate.

Just off phone with my DA regarding my 2/15/22 confirmation of AGT Gray / Santa Cruz 20”. He said a June delivery is solid, if I switch to the 19” wheels (20” are not going into production until July apparently). Said to expect a VIN in May. Was pretty certain I’d get the order delivered in June, which is 4 months. So, I confirmed I’ll go with the 19”. Good news in my book!

(20” are not going into production until July apparently)

OptionIn Production?
Santa Cruz interior✅
Gray exterior color✅
Silver exterior colorDelayed till June/July (via two source)
20" Aero Lite WheelsDelayed till July (via one source)

Just off phone with my DA regarding my 2/15/22 confirmation of AGT Gray / Santa Cruz 20”. He said a June delivery is solid, if I switch to the 19” wheels (20” are not going into production until July apparently). Said to expect a VIN in May. Was pretty certain I’d get the order delivered in June, which is 4 months. So, I confirmed I’ll go with the 19”. Good news in my book!
Based on that, my 3/9/22 order of Grey/Majave will likely be August since I really want the 20" wheels.

Based on that, my 3/9/22 order of Grey/Majave will likely be August since I really want the 20" wheels.
Why not go for the 21's, buy the 20's when they arrive, then sell your others to another owner. Would speed up your delivery and I'm sure you could cover most of the 20's cost if the 21's are in good condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back