Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

So..... Peter has time to be focusing on this rather than running the company like he's supposed to be doing and getting delivery issues and parts quality dealt with. I swear, this companies PR team is a disaster. People are waiting for answers and you've got the CTO \ CEO doing "Tech Talk" videos.

can you all remind me ...
when is the VIN is allocated? as the car enters production? as it enters paint? or some wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey date inbetween?

Not sure, but it looks like 3-5 weeks before delivery.

So..... Peter has time to be focusing on this rather than running the company like he's supposed to be doing and getting delivery issues and parts quality dealt with. I swear, this companies PR team is a disaster. People are waiting for answers and you've got the CTO \ CEO doing "Tech Talk" videos.
May be this was out of Peter’s interest. Also this doesn’t mean he is not working on other problems. I enjoyed the video and hope to see more in future.

can you all remind me ...
when is the VIN is allocated? as the car enters production? as it enters paint? or some wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey date inbetween?
As I understand it, VIN is allocated when you get a production slot and enough materials are allocated to produce the car. It requires the factory to be reasonably confident they'll be able to complete it within the allocated time. This doesn't mean there won't be a fit-and-finish issue or that you won't get a delivery hold due to parts shortages that arise after assignment or during production.

May be this was out of Peter’s interest. Also this doesn’t mean he is not working on other problems. I enjoyed the video and hope to see more in future.
This was most likely filmed months ago, produced earlier this year and has been in the content calendar waiting for today. Peter likely spent very little time on this outside of writing/shooting/review and it would be the product of the marketing team.

As I understand it, VIN is allocated when you get a production slot and enough materials are allocated to produce the car. It requires the factory to be reasonably confident they'll be able to complete it within the allocated time. This doesn't mean there won't be a fit-and-finish issue or that you won't get a delivery hold due to parts shortages that arise after assignment or during production.
This sounds about right. My DA said the vehicle has entered production and is being assembled at this time. Once it reaches the end of the factory line, they will reach out for the purchase agreement.

We got our VIN number today. Whoo-Hoo!
congrats! less than 5 months from reservation to VIN and 3 months from order confirmation. Are they going to deliver all the red orders before they switch colors? Perhaps I should place a new reservation for a red GT today and I will get it faster ;-)

So, looks like all red, black and white orders from November and December having Mojave interiors and all red, black and white orders from November with Tahoe interiors might have Vin's. Next up with be the red, black and white from December with Tahoe. If they resolve the lighter interior issues, it looks like those would fall in next with DEs before GTs, as appropriate. Given that, do they move on to the January red, black and white or do they stumble across the grey and silver paint sitting in some warehouse someplace?

congrats! less than 5 months from reservation to VIN and 3 months from order confirmation. Are they going to deliver all the red orders before they switch colors? Perhaps I should place a new reservation for a red GT today and I will get it faster ;-)
I remember @hmp10 feeling the opposite when all the DE's except for red were being delivered

I feel for you

Have not heard from @hmp10 lately. I wonder if he is having any better luck with his car now?

I remember @hmp10 feeling the opposite when all the DE's except for red were being delivered

I feel for you
For him it was a bit different as there were only 520 cars. He, and all of us, correctly assumed that the red would carry over to the GTs. We all figured they would be batched. but believed that they would work through each order confirmation batch, or a couple of them to completion. What we did not realize was that they would go through the entire couple thousand of red reservations before they switched colors. That means that instead of reservation order being primary factor, followed by confirmation and then color within those batches as the last factor; to color as the primary factor, followed by interior color within reservation batches.

This was most likely filmed months ago, produced earlier this year and has been in the content calendar waiting for today. Peter likely spent very little time on this outside of writing/shooting/review and it would be the product of the marketing team.
Yes, but it's all about optics. When people aren't getting clear communications from DA's or not getting info at all, missed targets, delayed deliveries it just doesn't look good to then have the guy in charge of it all drop a video. Hold it off until more cars are getting into people's hand etc. or when the fit and finish issues are making progress.

I wonder if you can do the Tesla model where you can ask your DA to be on the lookout for any GT that the owner couldn't pay or cancelled and take their car no matter the configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back