Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all figured they would be batched. but believed that they would work through each order confirmation batch, or a couple of them to completion.

That's why this tracker is important for Touring holders too once it's time for them to confirm. If Lucid hasn't finish their paint shop (which it looks like it's not even begun construction), then they will likely do Silver and Gray Tourings first.

I wonder if you can do the Tesla model where you can ask your DA to be on the lookout for any GT that the owner couldn't pay or cancelled and take their car no matter the configuration.

Not a bad idea. I'm already thinking about asking to change my interior from Santa Cruz to Tahoe (concerns about kids with the light colored carpet). Not sure if they will let me change anything at this point. I would entertain a different exterior color if this was the only way to change my order.

That's why this tracker is important for Touring holders too once it's time for them to confirm. If Lucid hasn't finish their paint shop (which it looks like it's not even begun construction), then they will likely do Silver and Gray Tourings first.
Actually the paint shop is done. It's the main assembly floor that isn't complete yet. They currently have a 2 story paint shop but are only using the 2nd story for paint and the bottom floor for general assembly. Once the expansion is complete, general assembly will be done in the new building with the paint shop being expanded.

Actually the paint shop is done. It's the main assembly floor that isn't complete yet. They currently have a 2 story paint shop but are only using the 2nd story for paint and the bottom floor for general assembly. Once the expansion is complete, general assembly will be done in the new building with the paint shop being expanded.
its at that time the color batching affecting delivery will end and they should be able to produce by Trim and reservation date rather than by color.

This must be why my brother's order was changed from July to December delivery. Well, money speaks for sure.
At least you know why the delivery date is changing. It would be nice if I could check a box for "red" and see the car in April or "grey" and see that I would get it this fall. Unfortunately that information is not available.

At least you know why the delivery date is changing. It would be nice if I could check a box for "red" and see the car in April or "grey" and see that I would get it this fall. Unfortunately that information is not available.
Would you actually change to red to get it sooner?

Would you actually change to red to get it sooner?
If they had told me that in November, yes. If they had told me that in December when we were debating changing colors, yes. Then, I was told that changing the any details 'could' delay the delivery, but perhaps if I had changed it to red, I might have had a VIN today. Right now the cars are already baked into the production list. Changing it now would most likely mean a longer delay it because they would make it after they switched to the greys and back to red.

FYI... I have never been obsessed with a particular color but usually just buy the color that is available in the car I want.

If they had told me that in November, yes. If they had told me that in December when we were debating changing colors, yes. Then, I was told that changing the any details 'could' delay the delivery, but perhaps if I had changed it to red, I might have had a VIN today. Right now the cars are already baked into the production list. Changing it now would most likely mean a longer delay it because they would make it after they switched to the greys and back to red.
Maybe you can call your DA or SA and ask the option and be very blunt about it. If not, seriously ask to speak with Doreen Allen about your customer service experience. She is very nice and wonderful to speak with

Maybe you can call your DA or SA and ask the option and be very blunt about it. If not, seriously ask to speak with Doreen Allen about your customer service experience. She is very nice and wonderful to speak with
Yeah.... about that. I'm still waiting for a reply from Doreen. Emailed her days ago, was supposed to hear something from her today. I guess there are still a couple of hours left in the work day. I'll see if my faith is restored.

Something to watch is that @Mattlca, @Steve11ca, @Maverick, @CraZ8, and @copper are the last Red, White, or Black reservation holders from November or December with non-Santa Cruz interior to get their VINs.
I have red with Santa Cruz. What scares me is that they finally close out this batch of red to segue to other colors before the white carpet constraint lifts putting all the red/ Santa Cruz at the back of the pack untill another batch of red comes up. That could be months

I have red with Santa Cruz. What scares me is that they finally close out this batch of red to segue to other colors before the white carpet constraint lifts putting all the red/ Santa Cruz at the back of the pack untill another batch of red comes up. That could be months
That is entirely possible. Without communication from Lucid, I have surmised that they are going through the reds as that is the color they ended in the paint shop when doing the Dreams. They have some black and whites as they produced extra frames not knowing how many of each would be ordered in the Dreams. The carpet issues mean that they are only producing those paints with Mojave and Tahoe interiors. However, they will rapidly exhaust the red confirmed orders and will have to switch the paint shop to grey or silver. They will run through the Grey-Mojave and Grey-Tahoe until the carpet Santa Cruz carpet situation has resolved. They will then likely finish the Greys, move to silvers and then back to either black, white or red to complete the Santa Cruz interiors.

May be a valid concern.

Yes, I think the only other two have Tahoe as an interior selection. As far as the Santa Cruz interior delay, I wonder if they would produce the red, white and black cars with Santa Cruz interiors and just park them to finish later. Its a stretch, but I wouldn’t be shocked at this point as it would help them delay the silvers and greys without any further communication.

Still no response from my DA.

Yes, I think the only other two have Tahoe as an interior selection. As far as the Santa Cruz interior delay, I wonder if they would produce the red, white and black cars with Santa Cruz interiors and just park them to finish later. Its a stretch, but I wouldn’t be shocked at this point as it would help them delay the silvers and greys without any further communication.

Still no response from my DA.

@Sandvinsd and @CLTGT : Lucid does follow this forum and what’s said here is actively discussed. And the DAs can often identify their customers who post. I might suggest you start a dedicated thread about non deliveries and lack of response from Lucid. A descriptive enough title should be sufficient to catch their attention.

And I’m sure you’re only kidding about giving crap to company reps who have nothing to do with your deliveries and just want to show you the car during a test drive, right? Politeness counts?

I will be polite (I am from the South), but they will know what I am not pleased with. I will not be all rainbows and lollipops. I won’t be rude either. It is not honest to not relay disappointments. I won’t berate him either. He will know presumably less than my DA.

Most likely, he will hear a comment along the lines of, “I wish communication were better as I have absolutely no clue when to expect my car even though I confirmed last mid-November”, end of comments.

I really hope my DA can identify his customer as maybe he will respond to my email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back