Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 1.57.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 1.59.25 PM.png

Car missing back silver panel, 3-4 cars with same missing part.

Looks like about 150-160 cars sitting there.

DFW folks. I just got our group discount. It is 10% the on the PPF. Tell them you are in the Lucid Forum. The products and prices are --- PAINT PROTECTION FILM – 22 Lucid Air
XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS™ is a virtually invisible urethane layer that protects your vehicle’s paint from everyday damages including scuffs, scratches, chips, and more. And ideal for high impact areas such as front bumpers, hoods, fenders, and rocker panels. It is backed by our comprehensive 10-year warranty.
Partial Front End: $1,295 Initial 18”-24” of hood and fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors 2 day install
Full Front End: $2,195 Full hood, fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors. 3 day install
Full Car: $5,995 All exposed painted surfaces and headlights/ add $500 for Stealth, 5 day install
WINDOW TINT
All XPEL PRIME™ automotive window films block over 99% of harmful UV rays and are backed by a transferrable lifetime warranty. PRIME XR has a Nano-ceramic/IR layer which provides up to an 88% infrared heat rejection and PRIME XR PLUS provides up to a 98% heat rejection rating.
Side and Back Windows:
PRIME XR 2 Layer Nano Ceramic: $499* Provides up to 88% infrared heat rejection
PRIME XR PLUS 2 Layer Nano Ceramic: $799* Provides up to a 98% infrared heat rejection
Windshield:
PRIME XR $575
PRIME XR PLUS $675
*Add $300 for Tesla Model X
Sunroof:
PRIME XR 70% : Panoramic - $300
Prime XR Plus 70% : Panoramic - $400
CERAMIC COATINGS
XPEL FUSION PLUS™ ceramic coating bonds at the molecular level to seal and protect surfaces from environmental contaminants, harmful UV rays, and insect acids. FUSION PLUS also provides resistance to light scratches and fading. Its hydrophobic properties repel dirt and liquids, making surfaces easier to clean.
Full Vehicle Coating (Painted Areas Only): $1,495*
$1,195 with the purchase of Full Front or Full Vehicle PPF install
Exterior Plastic Trim - $300
Wheels - $250
Interior -$595 fabric seats, carpet, leather, and vinyl surfaces
Glass - $275
*Includes paint corrections

This is for XPEL Dallas on Prudential drive. Anyway, the full interior high end UV and IR radiation heat rejection ceramic window film was a good choice for me in the Dallas heat. I tried letting it bake in the sun at over 90 degrees and then got in without using the app to turn on the AC beforehand. It was hot, but not as bad as my other vehicles. It cooled down in 5 or 6 minutes to comfortable.

7 visible full metal roofs down to just 1.
Any chance those could be test cars of some sort? Variants of Pure or Touring that are undergoing some sort of crash testing, metal roof process inspection, etc?

Or could they be test drive cars that will be sent out for Touring / Pure reservation holders? So they can actually test drive the actual car they will be ordering.

Seems unlikely they would be customer Tourings, given we've heard of no one getting a VIN yet. And we expect glass roof Tourings to ship first, in any event.

Full car tint with 3M Crystalline was $1500 for me, 1275 would have been great!
So they are doing it for $1500 since I am their first Lucid. Normally costs $1800. This is for full XPEL Prime XR+ 20% all around and 70% on the windshield.

Any chance those could be test cars of some sort? Variants of Pure or Touring that are undergoing some sort of crash testing, metal roof process inspection, etc?

Or could they be test drive cars that will be sent out for Touring / Pure reservation holders? So they can actually test drive the actual car they will be ordering.

Seems unlikely they would be customer Tourings, given we've heard of no one getting a VIN yet. And we expect glass roof Tourings to ship first, in any event.
I wouldn't be surprised if Tourings began trickling to buyers - the glass roof has been a major part causing delays, and if there is a relative surplus of body frames in proportion to glass roofs, I see no purpose in delaying those orders from a purely business perspective.

BUT, more than likely just testing the build process to ramp up by Q4.

I imagine there would be significant outrage if Lucid decided to start delivering lower trims while continuing to keep existing GT confirmations and VINs in the ether.

I imagine there would be significant outrage if Lucid decided to start delivering lower trims while continuing to keep existing GT confirmations and VINs in the ether.
This is what happened with the DE’s too though..not every one was delivered (waiting on parts to finish them), and they started on the GTs. Not saying they will do that now, but they did do it before..
At some point they will have to start Tourings, can’t keep them waiting too, so at some point Tourings will be coming out before GTs do. Hopefully that’s not now, but the company needs to deliver cars and make money!

This is what happened with the DE’s too though..not every one was delivered (waiting on parts to finish them), and they started on the GTs. Not saying they will do that now, but they did do it before..
At some point they will have to start Tourings, can’t keep them waiting too, so at some point Tourings will be coming out before GTs do. Hopefully that’s not now, but the company needs to deliver cars and make money!
Agreed. I imagine there are quite a few Touring customers who reserved before some of the GT owners who already have a VIN.

I know the concept of a queue sort of goes out the window with mass production, but it's not like a person ordering a GT today should get their car before the person who reserved the first Touring. If they worked it that way, they'd never ship Touring. Or Pure, for that matter.

At some point, you put a stake in the ground and move on to the next trim. You have to.

Not saying that's today. But it will happen in the next few months.

Good points. Forgot that trim level doesn’t correlate to reservation date! I was more thinking if they deliver tourings reserved after outstanding GT reservations, there could be some backlash. But so it goes 🤷‍♂️

Good points. Forgot that trim level doesn’t correlate to reservation date! I was more thinking if they deliver tourings reserved after outstanding GT reservations, there could be some backlash. But so it goes 🤷‍♂️
I hope anyone who has a VIN for a GT already will have their car well before any Touring is actually delivered. Let's put it that way. But there may be some Touring VINs assigned before all those specific GTs are delivered, is all I'm saying. Then we on the Touring side will join the masses of frustrated posters wondering if they are going to hit their new 10-14 week delivery promise.

I hope anyone who has a VIN for a GT already will have their car well before any Touring is actually delivered. Let's put it that way. But there may be some Touring VINs assigned before all those specific GTs are delivered, is all I'm saying. Then we on the Touring side will join the masses of frustrated posters wondering if they are going to hit their new 10-14 week delivery promise.
I reserved a GT (delivered thankfully) and a Pure and not sure when or even if the latter will ever be delivered 😂

DFW folks. I just got our group discount. It is 10% the on the PPF. Tell them you are in the Lucid Forum. The products and prices are --- PAINT PROTECTION FILM – 22 Lucid Air
Thanks for all the info! I will be sure and mention it when the time comes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back