Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just invited to pay today and informed that my vehicle is on the short list for potential clearance on delivery. Now I'm just kicking off wrapping up the loan process. Fingers are crossed. I'm still debating on picking it up and driving it home if it's at a "near" (near meaning 2 hours away) center vs waiting on them to arrange a truck delivery. I'm hesitant because I want to get it to the PPF shop (Empire Auto Spa) with no major blemishes... but am of little faith or patience in how long that ordeal might actually take.
Honestly, I would avoid any detailing by any manufacturer. None of them know how to do it properly. I would also take Delivery at the center and avoid another truck transport

I got the same letter. My DA knows nothing, not her fault. Not expecting my car in June even though the letter said they were still hopeful. My VIN was assign May 13 and they said 2-6 weeks at that point.
My VIN was assigned April 28th... on a grey GT

Honestly, I would avoid any detailing by any manufacturer. None of them know how to do it properly. I would also take Delivery at the center and avoid another truck transport
I never let the dealers detail any car I am buying. They don't know what they are doing, and 10 times out of 10 they do more damage than its worth.

Covered cars are back baby!

These are all cars it seems were made over the weekend with limited workers. Also, there were hardly any cars in the employee parking lot today so they probably had today off.

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 6.23.36 PM.png

Last edited:
Covered cars are great . Hopefully it will only take less than 6-10 weeks to get delivered….

We will have to keep an eye on how fast they get these cars out. Hopefully this is a good indication that the bottlenecks are easing up... From the picture above, it seems like there is already a trailer there to pick up cars ready to go!

Lucid does a great job detailing their cars. I know this because they've detailed mine a bunch, even after full PPF and ceramic.

Covered cars are back baby!

These are all cars it seems were made over the weekend with limited workers. Also, there were hardly any cars in the employee parking lot today so they probably had today off.

View attachment 2913
Let's hop more and more start to make it down to the bottom lot with covers.

Did anyone get that generic delivery letter last week that said "We are targeting the end of June for the completion of all cars currently in this review process. Your Delivery Advisor will provide periodic updates on the status of your car".
Yes. It was an email blast. My DA has NOT provided periodic updates on the status……

and based on the fact that he has not contacted me, none of those covered cars are likely mine. I’m one week away from entering the 8th month since confirmation

• Angry
Reactions: DJL
Initial reservation on September 13, 2020 Confirmation Quantum Grey AIR GRAND TOURING on November 16, 2021 with Mojave interior VIN issued April 21, 2022 Delivery on June 8, 2022

Thank you for providing your information. I’ll add it to the tracker tomorrow.

@Sandvinsd with a similar VIN date, something must be up with your car to not be delivered with this user’s batch.

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I'm wondering how changing one's configuration affects one's place in the queue.

I placed a reservation for a Lucid Air Grand Touring on Aug 21, 2021.
I placed the order on Dec 4, 2021: Zenith Red, Santa Cruz Interior, 20" wheels.
On March 18, 2022, I changed the order to Tahoe interior (worried about white carpets).
On June 2, 2022, I changed the order to 19" wheels (since 20" don't seem to be happening this year).

Am i bumped to end of the queue or does my original Dec 4, 2021 order date still count for something?

Thanks.

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I'm wondering how changing one's configuration affects one's place in the queue.

On March 18, 2022, I changed the order to Tahoe interior (worried about white carpets).
On June 2, 2022, I changed the order to 19" wheels (since 20" don't seem to be happening this year).

Am i bumped to end of the queue or does my original Dec 4, 2021 order date still count for something?

Thanks.
I believe major changes like paint color, or interior color can bump you a little bit, but I'm willing to bet that you 20" choice had you on pause for a while.. have you even been confirmed yet?

As far as I know, Confirmation date is the deciding factor of where you are in the queue. Reservation date has no effect

Thanks.
You get bumped. Others were told changing the config had no impact but then discovered they got pushed down the queue.

Thanks.
Yeah dude. People that make changes like that move to the end of the line. Pures on 20" will be delivered before yours. And everyone wants Tahoe interior, they're out of stock on Tahoe now.
LOL - Just joking, I have no clue.

You get bumped. Others were told changing the config had no impact but then discovered they got pushed down the queue.
Just curious, are there any data points on that? I was considering changing my order to 19" wheels but not if I'll get bumped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back