Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am one that has paid for the car and has been waiting for 6 weeks post VIN assignment. I have no issues with increased quality control processes. In fact, I welcome them. I would rather issues be addressed before they deliver my sweet glide. I am, however, dumbfounded by the genius inside of Lucid that said "keep them in the dark, do not communicate with them regarding anything that is happening" I believe that genius should be replaced ASAP.

So far, that is what is keeping many still here, the expectation that the driving experience will far outweigh the software design/performance shortcomings, expecting the software to improve over time. An extended absence of software improvements is going to wear on that enthusiasm. The other positive aspect of note is the apparent customer service after delivery and the rectification of any issues that arise post delivery. With the increased PDI, the backlog at the Service Centers and the increase in number of cars to service based on more cars delivered, will this post-delivery customer service take a hit?

So far, that is what is keeping many still here, the expectation that the driving experience will far outweigh the software design/performance shortcomings, expecting the software to improve over time. An extended absence of software improvements is going to wear on that enthusiasm. The other positive aspect of note is the apparent customer service after delivery and the rectification of any issues that arise post delivery. With the increased PDI, the backlog at the Service Centers and the increase in number of cars to service based on more cars delivered, will this post-delivery customer service take a hit?
I would hope, going forward, that all PDI activity happens before cars leave the factory. At that point SCs are just inspecting for any damage that may have occurred during transportation and doing a pre-delivery final cleaning.

More cars to service is obviously going to be a challenge but with better QC hopefully there are fewer post delivery issues per car.

I would hope, going forward, that all PDI activity happens before cars leave the factory. At that point SCs are just inspecting for any damage that may have occurred during transportation and doing a pre-delivery final cleaning.

More cars to service is obviously going to be a challenge but with better QC hopefully there are fewer post delivery issues per car.
That is what I am hoping as well. My DA did confirm that the PDI procedures were changing both at the factory and at the Service Centers. I would expect it to take a month or two before we see the results of those process changes.

DA just emailed me; my original ETA for delivery was early June, now it is mid to late July. Confirmed 3/29, QG Tahoe 19".

I would be more flustered with the wait except most post that the actual drive of the air is excellent. Unlike many of my car friends who want a loud rumble from their ICE exhaust and stiff rides I have always preferred a quiet, soft ride with my occasional spirited driving thrown in.

Back in Highschool in the late 60’s and early 70’s my wheeler dealer Mom would buy lightly used Lincoln Town Cars, drive them for a while, then sell them for a profit. My old VW Beetle was always breaking so I got to drive these Town Cars to school and fell in love with the weight, smooth driving and great acceleration. From descriptions the Air appears to be somewhat similar in driving feel.

DA just emailed me; my original ETA for delivery was early June, now it is mid to late July. Confirmed 3/29, QG Tahoe 19".
Sorry to hear that, but at least they finally said something. Hopefully, they've wised up and are underpromising a bit, just in case something else goes wrong.

Seems like this whole shut down debacle will end up setting the company back about 6 weeks in the end.

Sorry to hear that, but at least they finally said something. Hopefully, they've wised up and are underpromising a bit, just in case something else goes wrong.

Seems like this whole shut down debacle will end up setting the company back about 6 weeks in the end.
Completely worth it if it prevents so many trips for service after delivery.

yep, seems like this was a 6 week delay for whatever that lose cable was that only needed some twisty ties to secure. :p

My DA primarily, and backed up by multiple other people posting here with the same info.
I have spoken to two DA's and the information has been different from each. The posts here seem all over the place. I spoke to a service advisor, it seems to me the issues are more serious than panel alignment.

I have spoken to two DA's and the information has been different from each. The posts here seem all over the place. I spoke to a service advisor, it seems to me the issues are more serious than panel alignment.
Did he say what those issues were?

My DA primarily, and backed up by multiple other people posting here with the same info.
And you're about to take delivery! Can't wait to hear how you like it, and see the Grey beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back