Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news!

I heard today that my car has finished all its repairs and will get its final detailing tomorrow and then it's ready!

I'm out of town now, but trying to figure out delivery vs pickup on Saturday.

Grey/Mojave/21s, reserved 12/2019, confirmed 11/3, VIN 4/20 for those unaware.
Finally! How long has it been at the SC now? I remember yours sailed through production in about 9 days but then got stuck there with the delivery shutdown to fix QC issues. Mine never left the factory and is still stuck there. My VIN was issued on 4/26 The issues started with the late April VINs. I have no idea when to expect a deliver as my DA has not called me in weeks. The lack of communication is appalling. Definitely not a luxury brand in that department.

Finally! How long has it been at the SC now? I remember yours sailed through production in about 9 days but then got stuck there with the delivery shutdown to fix QC issues. Mine never left the factory and is still stuck there. My VIN was issued on 4/26 The issues started with the late April VINs. I have no idea when to expect a deliver as my DA has not called me in weeks. The lack of communication is appalling. Definitely not a luxury brand in that department.
I mean, Mercedes didn’t communicate squat with me on my EQS order so I’m not going to put any other brand on a pedi stool. There are still nightmare posts about Tesla’s communication on delivery scheduling as well. It’s always good to be a bit grounded on perspective.

I mean, Mercedes didn’t communicate squat with me on my EQS order so I’m not going to put any other brand on a pedi stool. There are still nightmare posts about Tesla’s communication on delivery scheduling as well. It’s always good to be a bit grounded on perspective.
I am sure that Mercedes delivered the car within their delivery window. The issues is when they have delays and do not communicate with you. I had a Home Depot customer order back in March. They told me it would be delivered upon 5/27. I called them once since I had not heard anything and they reiterated 5/27. It came on 5/27 and they called and emailed on that dAte . Again, if no delays, the lack of communication would be more accepted. It is the delay and not informing the customer that is upsetting..

I heard today that my car has finished all its repairs and will get its final detailing tomorrow and then it's ready!

Congrats. That is basically 6 weeks from VIN to delivery even with all the problems Lucid has been having. Honestly, that isn't that bad.

Mine was originally supposed to be delivered 5/14 (just over 4 weeks after VIN) but when they took it off the truck there was a soft close door issue and my actual pickup got pushed back to 5/19 which was 5 weeks. I was absolutely thrilled to have gotten it in that time. While every day waiting felt like a month, I only checked in with my DA once during the 5 weeks and that was when I had heard there was a truck load of cars coming to Boston and I was hoping mine was on it. (It wasn't)

I think it is more a matter of people's anxious expectations versus the realities of delivery. Sure, there have been best case circumstances of very quick deliveries after VIN but those are far less common. Have there been any 8-12 weeks after VIN?

Have there been any 8-12 weeks after VIN?
YES.. Mine will be since it is still at the factory and it is currently in the 6th week post VIN now.

YES.. Mine will be since it is still at the factory and it is currently in the 6th week post VIN now.
Yes, you are at 5 1/2 weeks. I was asking about 8-12 weeks. But, it is worrisome because you got caught at the factory during the shutdown rather than at a studio/service center. If 2-6 weeks after VIN had been the norm, and with the shutdown it adds 2-3 weeks you could easily have another month before it would be start being crazy long. It seems more like you have been very frustrated and anxious for the past month.

I understand it is more the lack of communication rather than delay that has been the issue. It has to be frustrating though knowing if you schedule a call and talk to your DA you would still likely only get the same non-answer answer.

Yes, you are at 5 1/2 weeks. I was asking about 8-12 weeks. But, it is worrisome because you got caught at the factory during the shutdown rather than at a studio/service center. If 2-6 weeks after VIN had been the norm, and with the shutdown it adds 2-3 weeks you could easily have another month before it would be start being crazy long. It seems more like you have been very frustrated and anxious for the past month.

I understand it is more the lack of communication rather than delay that has been the issue. It has to be frustrating though knowing if you schedule a call and talk to your DA you would still likely only get the same non-answer answer.
Exactly when did your arbitrary 8-12 weeks become the acceptable standard? That's a ridiculous number given that many have already paid for their cars. The more reasonable standard is delivery within 2 weeks of taking payment.

Exactly when did your arbitrary 8-12 weeks become the acceptable standard? That's a ridiculous number given that many have already paid for their cars. The more reasonable standard is delivery within 2 weeks of taking payment.

Yes, people that have already paid should expect it faster or be refunded their money.

The 8-12 isn't an acceptable standard it was more a realistic adjustment of expectations given the current shutdown. Lucid should be doing more to manage expectations and they are doing a crap job at that. Honesty would go a long way for them.

I left for a road trip the day after I got my car, When I got my VIN, I knew it was possible I would get it before I left at the 5 week point but I also knew it was maybe even more likely I would not. If I had not, and had I drifted into the current shutdown, I would have been hugely disappointed that there would be yet another delay.

It would, however, be understandable given everything going on. But, the lack of Lucid giving full disclosure of conditions and updates would be the irritating part like it is for so many people on here stuck in the current shutdown.

I am sure that Mercedes delivered the car within their delivery window. The issues is when they have delays and do not communicate with you. I had a Home Depot customer order back in March. They told me it would be delivered upon 5/27. I called them once since I had not heard anything and they reiterated 5/27. It came on 5/27 and they called and emailed on that dAte . Again, if no delays, the lack of communication would be more accepted. It is the delay and not informing the customer that is upsetting..
Oh definitely not. They actually don't give you delivery windows for the most part until the car is practically already on the way. They avoid almost all communication until that point. A lot of people here should start reading other car forum experiences with other manufactures. It's not rainbows and sunshines like some people would like to believe.

Yes, people that have already paid should expect it faster or be refunded their money.

The 8-12 isn't an acceptable standard it was more a realistic adjustment of expectations given the current shutdown. Lucid should be doing more to manage expectations and they are doing a crap job at that. Honesty would go a long way for them.

I left for a road trip the day after I got my car, When I got my VIN, I knew it was possible I would get it before I left at the 5 week point but I also knew it was maybe even more likely I would not. If I had not, and had I drifted into the current shutdown, I would have been hugely disappointed that there would be yet another delay.

It would, however, be understandable given everything going on. But, the lack of Lucid giving full disclosure of conditions and updates would be the irritating part like it is for so many people on here stuck in the current shutdown.
Wait what? Money doesn't fix everything... Paying too early doesn't fix the fact that it was paid too early...

Bottom line, Lucid is the one causing all of their own problems. It is all about what LUICID tells the customer and the lack of communication when they miss the timeline that they, themselves, communicated, along with the lack of any clarity after they miss said timeline. The latest is the VIN to delivery timeline (we won't talk about the timeline given at confirmation as we are almost double that). I was told when I got my VIN, "Delivery will be in 2-6 weeks, but it has been running closer to three". There was absolutely no communication from Lucid about the pause in deliveries. The pause looks to have actually started the day before I got my VIN. When I brought it up, my DA tried to tell me it did not exist. That was earlier in the "pause", but we still knew about it here. I have not been told anything other than 2-6 weeks, even now. I am at five weeks exactly, my car is still "in production" at Casa Grande. It still needs to be finished at Casa Grande, shipped to Riviera Beach, go through PDI and then get shipped to Charlotte. There is no way it will make the timeframe Lucid itself gave, but refuses to revise. A timeframe of 8-12 weeks has NEVER been communicated. It might have been more accurate, but Lucid sure hasn't given me that timeframe. Maybe they will when it finally shows up in my driveway.

Lucid has really screwed up this process with most of those with earlier grey reservations, no way to really sugar coat it. It hasn't been one issue, but a series of shortcomings. The one consistent has been the communication strategy, or lack thereof. There are a finite and definable universe of cars whose customers were given VIN's, yet are sitting in Casa Grande or at Service Centers. Lucid should be making communication with those customers a priority, but they appear to take them for granted.

Those that "paid too early" were instructed to do so and Lucid should have bent over backwards, upside down and sideways to keep them informed. I am not one of them, thankfully.

Last edited:
I think it is more a matter of people's anxious expectations versus the realities of delivery. Sure, there have been best case circumstances of very quick deliveries after VIN but those are far less common. Have there been any 8-12 weeks after VIN?
This hits it on the head…we are all wanting our cars asap, and have varying levels of patience, along with minimal knowledge of the true timeframe Lucid is working under. I spoke to my DA yesterday about my order (2/15/22, Grey Santa Cruz 19”), and he told me that the VIN has been further delayed until likely mid June, and that he had asked the higher ups for a revision to the the actual time from VIN to delivery to service centers. Essentially, they know their prior guidance was too ambitious (no surprise), so to the point of expectations and anxiety above, the best they can do is come out with a conservative timeframe for us.

Oh definitely not. They actually don't give you delivery windows for the most part until the car is practically already on the way. They avoid almost all communication until that point. A lot of people here should start reading other car forum experiences with other manufactures. It's not rainbows and sunshines like some people would like to believe.
Per the DA, the VIN assignment is late in the process when the car is “practically on the way”. It supposedly is mostly through production and *should* exit within a week, again, per the DAs. The short end of the 2-6 delivery is 1 week in the plant and 1 week for transport and PDI. The DA was saying generally 3 weeks if you are close to the plant as I am (SoCal) and he had never seen more than 4 weeks. Well, that was before all the QC issues at the plant. Just wish he would tell me what is going on - radio silence for about 3 weeks now.

This hits it on the head…we are all wanting our cars asap, and have varying levels of patience, along with minimal knowledge of the true timeframe Lucid is working under. I spoke to my DA yesterday about my order (2/15/22, Grey Santa Cruz 19”), and he told me that the VIN has been further delayed until likely mid June, and that he had asked the higher ups for a revision to the the actual time from VIN to delivery to service centers. Essentially, they know their prior guidance was too ambitious (no surprise), so to the point of expectations and anxiety above, the best they can do is come out with a conservative timeframe for us.
They need to tell those of us currently with assigned VINs about the delays. They haven’t. They are telling you of delays, but you are not yet “in production”. Those who have paid (fortunately not me) or told to expect within a standard window, need to have some communication.

I suspect Lucid is avoiding announcing shut downs etc. As soon as they state that deliveries are halted or production is paused or xyz color or option is not available it will be picked up by media outlets and reported. Then stock analysts will pick up the story as well and stock will go down. This leaves the DA's with their hands tied. I doubt that the DA's are intentionally misleading customers and certainly Lucid isn't trying to obtain payment for a cars in advance while knowing they aren't going to deliver in a timely manner. It simply wouldn't impact their balance sheet in a meaningful way. The DAs were speaking on guidance they were given and then this new delivery halt happened and they either aren't told of the halt or are told not to speak of it. Customer satisfaction takes a big hit when a company over promises and under delivers. Hopefully once production actually does ramp up to a meaningful level these issues will smooth out. I know it doesn't help the early adaptors at all and I would be frustrated, disappointed and angry as well. Particularly if I had already paid for the car.

Talked to my DA yesterday about the lack of new VIN assignments. I got the impression that, with the director of quality taking over, things were slowed drastically to focus on the undelivered cars held up for so long in various their unfinished form. Possibly parts shipped to the delivery centers to complete the cars that have left the factory rather than the focus on assembly line. a sort of clearing the decks to fix problems and clear out the bottlenecks before any new quality control protocols are introduced. I always get a call beck if I uses that little phone call appointment app that sent on my first acknowledgment.

There must be other quality issues besides the wire bundle recall. Most on this forum have reported a clean inspection and since it takes approx a hour to inspect someone could do 7-8 per day so cars should be leaving the service centers quite quickly. Something else is going on as the shut down is now at a month.

There must be other quality issues besides the wire bundle recall. Most on this forum have reported a clean inspection and since it takes approx a hour to inspect someone could do 7-8 per day so cars should be leaving the service centers quite quickly. Something else is going on as the shut down is now at a month.
That's assuming they knew about the recall once they stopped deliveries. Is it possible that the enhanced pdi led to the recall being issued...

I agree with everyone here that communication seems to be the big problem. Okay, they overpromised a bit with the 2-6 weeks after VIN. That was probably an honest assessment (although a tad optimistic) in the beginning, but a lot has gone down since then, and not communicating any of it to customers is definitely a bad idea.

There's a lot of this sort of thing going on since all the global supply chain issues started a few years ago. I've noticed even FedEx and UPS deliveries (which used to be perfectly accurate on their tracking page) are often pushed back several days or weeks without any explanation. Amazon Prime overnight deliveries are pretty much non-existent anymore.

We all know there's global disruption happening right now. Just tell us what's going on. We can take it.

Some companies are very good at reacting to these delays and resetting expectations—I've found Apple to be excellent at this, for instance—while others are going on pretending everything is just fine. I fail to see how that helps anyone, including the companies themselves.

New companies live or die by the loyalty of their early adopters. If the majority of Lucid customers aren't singing the praises of the company, they won't be around for long. Seems like right now there's a lot of confusion and rethinking going on over there in Newark, and the customers are getting lost in the shuffle. I sure hope that changes soon.

Sure, when you eventually get your car, and driving it is insanely fun, you might forget all about this short-term pain. But I wouldn't take that to the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back