Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Saudi Prince's car?

I stopped at the Millbrae center on the way home from SF today, so that my wife could see and sit in the car, and to help sharpen my decision-making about my GT on order. If all you've seen is the Valley Fair location, I'd highly recommend a visit to Millbrae. There were six cars parked for service and another ten or so waiting for inspection. I was able to look at a white GT with Santa Cruz interior, same as my order, and was very happy with it. I might need a Kermit wrap after seeing this though.
View attachment 2222
❤️ ❤️ ❤️ that green!!!!

22832F3B-F1AC-4748-8BBD-7BBC024C4275.jpeg

Park my AGT next to my green Yoda 😂

Last edited:
Just got pencils in the mail! Zero software issues and perfect quality. Why are so many harping quality problems on the forum :). Perhaps one panel on the black box had a small dent needing waxing!

I did not inspect my pencils that closely. Looks like I need to put them through an endless re-inspection period.

I stopped at the Millbrae center on the way home from SF today, so that my wife could see and sit in the car, and to help sharpen my decision-making about my GT on order. If all you've seen is the Valley Fair location, I'd highly recommend a visit to Millbrae. There were six cars parked for service and another ten or so waiting for inspection. I was able to look at a white GT with Santa Cruz interior, same as my order, and was very happy with it. I might need a Kermit wrap after seeing this though.
View attachment 2222

I believe that Zenith Red one is mine :D

So, I got my weekly update from my DA, NO CHANGE, car still in production and no estimate or indication as to when that might change.

Order date, 1/2/21
Confirmation Date, 11/16/21
VIN Date, 4/28/22
Grey, Mojave, 21”

Last edited:
So, I got my weekly update from my DA, NO CHANGE, car still in production and no estimate or indication as to when that might change.

Order date, 1/221
VIN Date, 4/28/22
Grey, Mojave, 21”
Just heard the same. VIN Date was 5/10. Anywhere from 2-6 weeks from VIN date and then time to ship to destination and final inspection which is expected to be at least another week. I confirmed 11/30. Probably very lucky to receive before end of June. I’m thinking July now.

Order date, 1/221
VIN Date, 4/28/22
Grey, Mojave, 21”
You and I are in the same boat.I think the 2-4 month delivery window they told us back in November was really the delivery window AFTER you get your VIN, rather than after confirmation.:mad:

Just heard the same. VIN Date was 5/10. Anywhere from 2-6 weeks from VIN date and then time to ship to destination and final inspection which is expected to be at least another week. I confirmed 11/30. Probably very lucky to receive before end of June. I’m thinking July now.
I’m thinking August for my 4/26 VIN.

If it takes an inordinate amount of time, much, much longer than the average, from VIN to delivery, does that mean that the car needed more inspection, repair, modification, reinspection than other cars? If so, should those customers worry about the ultimate quality of the product they are receiving? I have always heard, the more you take something apart, the more creaks, noises and future problems you will have. Now, we don't know exactly what is being done, why or to what extent, but it only makes sense that the longer the car takes "in production" or in "inspection/rework/re-inspection", the more problems were present. I actually hope it may just be that the line is long for the process and all of those cars sitting just outside the factory or in that middle lot are waiting to go through part of the process. The one useful bit of information I received yesterday from my DA is that the inspection processes at both Casa Grande and at the Service Centers have changed.

We have had 16 VIN assignments and 11 deliveries in the month of May reported on the Board, seems very, very anemic. I personally think Lucid may be getting hit from multiple angles, quality out of production not as good as desired requiring more inspection/rework as well as supply chain issues (DA vaguely alluded to that). If, what some have speculated, the middle lot is for cars waiting for something (parts/inspection/rework/whatever) and the lot furthest from the factory is for cars ready to be shipped to Service Centers, there are a glut of cars "waiting for something".

At some point, Lucid will be forced to focus on getting cars "finished" and delivered as they are just going to run out of space. They will be forced by space constraints to slow or stop production and focus on the cars sitting in the lot.

yes. Something is going on and it is not good.production and deliveries have slowerd. My car is still at the factory and it is nearing 1 month post VIN. My loan approval will also expire soon after the DA told me to go ahead and apply as he had never seen a car take more than the 30 days. No communication about issues. No guidance about when these issues will be solved. Piss poor customer service. While they are fixing the problems they can see, I am also very concerned about problems they cannot. Since the car will not be delivered before my long trip (into the 7th month post confirmation) I will have very long conversations about the overall quality issues before agreeing to take delivery. I really wanted the car prior to these series of trips and this was the last and longest. Figured at over 6 months post VIN, it was a no-brainer with a ‘2-4 month delivery window‘ per Lucid in November. With no future trips, no longer wanting the car anytime soon, maybe never. Still mulling it over. I’ll have a lot of time to think about it while driving the ICE. Like I said, I am going to have to get comfortable that their QC has caught everything that is wrong with the car. They have a LOT of things that are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back