Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is wireless charger big enough to accommodate iPhone ProMax with 6.7 inch display?
I stuck my 13 pro max in the test drive car yesterday and it didn’t work. Thin case also.

7D373E9D-5B31-4157-B288-7D298A2AF320.jpeg

Silver Lucid!

I stuck my 13 pro max in the test drive car yesterday and it didn’t work. Thin case also.
FWIW my Pixel 6 Pro barely fit, without a case.

Has anyone found a case that will work and still allow charging? I ran through a number of slim cases offered on amazon without any luck at all.
I think they are going to have to come up with an after market retrofit.

So, in the tracker, I am Red Tahoe and delivered yesterday, I think. My old DA never entered my change request on my order to Tahoe and I now have a red Santa Cruz waiting in Houston. I talked to Noah, the Delivery Manager and Omar, my new DA. There does not seem to be much they can do. Let go of the red Santa Cruz and start over again in line or maybe-maybe there will be a config that someone did not close on that I can get... But changing the VIN number, though it sounds like a 5-minute thing, takes a month according to Lucid. A lot of this is my fault for not watching closer. My other option is just to walk away from Lucid. I would advise folks not to get too trustful of their DAs.
Are you from Houston? We need to assemble Houston Lucid Air Club. 😂

Well.. I guess it was too good to be true. My Car has been at service station now since May 5th from the factory. There is apparently a stop on deliveries due to rear body panel alignment that has to be adjusted by hand which I was told can effect the whole car when getting into fixing the tolerances. So I was supposed to take delivery this past weekend and then even today and I spoke with my DA who said LUCID will not deliver until this is fixed. I asked to be able to take it and bring to PPF shop seeing it is just sitting waiting in line for repair to then bring it back and they said that was not possible. So now we wait as he said we are keeping an eye on those that have started loan process as we know they are only good for 30 days... Implying this could take awhile..
You didn't say but I assume your car is gray like mine, I have a Vin # but that's all. from what you said I guess I am In the same boat.

Looking forward to seeing more Lucids in the valley.
I know of only 1 other here in the valley with certainty. Owned by friends of ours and is the same color. No, we do not live next door to one another.

Why did you change the exterior color?
When we saw our friend’s red we just loved it. A great contrast with the aluminum roof. We also asked our DA how a change in color might impact our delivery date. Within 5 minutes he’d called us back to say he had one for us. We were dumbfounded. I imagine it was a canceled order that just happened to fit our criteria.

You didn't say but I assume your car is gray like mine, I have a Vin # but that's all. from what you said I guess I am In the same boat.
Yes mine is quantum Grey. However, my DA made it seem like it was a number of cars at scottsdale service center stuck with the same problem. Apparently bad enough that Lucid won't release the cars the way they are.

Did you get any further detail on the rear panel alignment issue? I took delivery on May 4th and noticed the alignment between trunk and rear body panels looks awkward. I was told by Lucid Service that any further work to correct that would be extensive. I'm honestly not sure it's worth doing. It feels like a lot of trouble for something that's cosmetic.
No all my DA clarified was a trunk panel alignment issue that when adjusting the tolerances could effect the surrounding panels as well. I was told it was an issue Lucid was requiring to be address before delivering any of the vehicles. Unfortunately, there was no choice of me taking delivery until they resolve it at the Service Center.

Has anyone found a case that will work and still allow charging? I ran through a number of slim cases offered on amazon without any luck at all.
Mine I bought at the apple store works. It’s this one:

Attachments

• 4D2A5436-D929-4FB1-BDD3-7E968FE94A07.jpeg
    4D2A5436-D929-4FB1-BDD3-7E968FE94A07.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
No all my DA clarified was a trunk panel alignment issue that when adjusting the tolerances could effect the surrounding panels as well. I was told it was an issue Lucid was requiring to be address before delivering any of the vehicles. Unfortunately, there was no choice of me taking delivery until they resolve it at the Service Center.
While it’s disappointing to not get your car when you expected, it’s reassuring that they’re determined to fix whatever the problem is. That has not been the case with Tesla or Rivian so far.

I’m almost certain that’s the issue with my car. Realigning the trunk and rear panels would be a serious endeavor.

It doesn’t look too great from these angles but as the trunk is one giant piece of plastic, the only way to fix it is to bend the rear panels, which are fixed to the body.

Attachments

• E689FD11-901E-4298-976D-E8E9FFD6910F.jpeg
    E689FD11-901E-4298-976D-E8E9FFD6910F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 135
  • B14A4F6C-61C0-4635-9090-E912E26AB067.jpeg
    B14A4F6C-61C0-4635-9090-E912E26AB067.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
I’m almost certain that’s the issue with my car. Realigning the trunk and rear panels would be a serious endeavor.

It doesn’t look too great from these angles but as the trunk is one giant piece of plastic, the only way to fix it is to bend the rear panels, which are fixed to the body.

Oooohhhh…that’s not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back