Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a cheap case from Amazon on my iPhone 13 promax and it fits 🤷‍♂️ My gf actually figured out you had to press hard to get those rubber balls to compress enough, but it fits and charges.

And I just discovered that if I insert the iPhone 13 Pro Max upside down in its case, it charges!

Looks like we have had 5 VIN assignments (all Grey) and 2 deliveries (both red) to members here in the last seven days, seems very low. I wonder what the real numbers are and how that graphs out?
I called the Riviera Beach service center this morning to see whether my car has arrived. I suggested it might be the first or one of the first Grey cars to arrive there. Sadly, I was told my car wasn’t there yet, but I was told they already had a couple of Grey cars there. So, Grey cars are shipping.

I think @Neurio should be one of the first as his has been sitting in Beverly Hills for quite some time.

My Grey car is still “in production” at the factory and it has been in that state since the VIN was assigned 3 weeks ago. That, combined with the fact that grey VINs assigned a week earlier than mine have not yet been delivered, but rather having factory defects resolved, are both evidence that the factory issues are still continuing and production / delivery are slower than they were last month. Lucid really needs to get their act together. Communication from the DAs with updates or info about what is happening and has been non-existent during this time. I have had better communication with my teen and more honesty from used car dealers than I have from Lucid. Very low ratings from me for a company that says it wants to be a luxury brand that excels in customer service.

So, in the tracker, I am Red Tahoe and delivered yesterday, I think. My old DA never entered my change request on my order to Tahoe and I now have a red Santa Cruz waiting in Houston. I talked to Noah, the Delivery Manager and Omar, my new DA. There does not seem to be much they can do. Let go of the red Santa Cruz and start over again in line or maybe-maybe there will be a config that someone did not close on that I can get... But changing the VIN number, though it sounds like a 5-minute thing, takes a month according to Lucid. A lot of this is my fault for not watching closer. My other option is just to walk away from Lucid. I would advise folks not to get too trustful of their DAs.

Well.. I guess it was too good to be true. My Car has been at service station now since May 5th from the factory. There is apparently a stop on deliveries due to rear body panel alignment that has to be adjusted by hand which I was told can effect the whole car when getting into fixing the tolerances. So I was supposed to take delivery this past weekend and then even today and I spoke with my DA who said LUCID will not deliver until this is fixed. I asked to be able to take it and bring to PPF shop seeing it is just sitting waiting in line for repair to then bring it back and they said that was not possible. So now we wait as he said we are keeping an eye on those that have started loan process as we know they are only good for 30 days... Implying this could take awhile..

Well.. I guess it was too good to be true. My Car has been at service station now since May 5th from the factory. There is apparently a stop on deliveries due to rear body panel alignment that has to be adjusted by hand which I was told can effect the whole car when getting into fixing the tolerances. So I was supposed to take delivery this past weekend and then even today and I spoke with my DA who said LUCID will not deliver until this is fixed. I asked to be able to take it and bring to PPF shop seeing it is just sitting waiting in line for repair to then bring it back and they said that was not possible. So now we wait as he said we are keeping an eye on those that have started loan process as we know they are only good for 30 days... Implying this could take awhile..

Did you get any further detail on the rear panel alignment issue? I took delivery on May 4th and noticed the alignment between trunk and rear body panels looks awkward. I was told by Lucid Service that any further work to correct that would be extensive. I'm honestly not sure it's worth doing. It feels like a lot of trouble for something that's cosmetic.

So, in the tracker, I am Red Tahoe and delivered yesterday, I think. My old DA never entered my change request on my order to Tahoe and I now have a red Santa Cruz waiting in Houston. I talked to Noah, the Delivery Manager and Omar, my new DA. There does not seem to be much they can do. Let go of the red Santa Cruz and start over again in line or maybe-maybe there will be a config that someone did not close on that I can get... But changing the VIN number, though it sounds like a 5-minute thing, takes a month according to Lucid. A lot of this is my fault for not watching closer. My other option is just to walk away from Lucid. I would advise folks not to get too trustful of their DAs.
Everyone has to make their own decisions, but I wouldn’t take delivery of a car with the wrong color combo. I’d go back in line and wait for the right one. I know myself, 6 months after accepting the wrong color combo I’d be angry with myself for not standing up for the color combo I’d requested. There seem to enough cancellations that you might get the right car sooner than you think.

Everyone has to make their own decisions, but I wouldn’t take delivery of a car with the wrong color combo. I’d go back in line and wait for the right one. I know myself, 6 months after accepting the wrong color combo I’d be angry with myself for not standing up for the color combo I’d requested. There seem to enough cancellations that you might get the right car sooner than you think.
I agree! There's no way I am going to spend $150k on a car that is NOT what I wanted.

I agree! There's no way I am going to spend $150k on a car that is NOT what I wanted.
Important to recognize that you are not the one in this situation, and easy to say anything when you don't have the skin in the game yet.

That must be so disappointing. I'm sorry to hear!

FWIW, I recently went through a change to my order to change the interior from Mojave to Tahoe. The sequence was this:
1. I e-mailed my DA requesting that my order be changed and to send me a confirmation that they received my request. I included my order number and expect final configuration after the update. I only changed the interior.
2. The DA replied that they had made the request to the Sales team and that I should expect a confirmation from Sales
3. I received an e-mail from Sales with the subject "Your order <<my order #>> modification request is complete"
4. My order now reflects the requested change.

The whole process took less than a day. Bear in mind, I have no VIN so the production impact was likely nil. I believe that a typical VIN encodes major choices such as paint color and trim among other metadata, so I'd imagine things are a bit more complicated if a VIN has been assigned when a change is requested.

We changed color last week from Grey to Red with no other changes.
VIN# assigned today, 5/16/22.
Delivery expected late this week or sometime next week.
You lucked out and are getting someone else’s canceled order.

FWIW, I recently went through a change to my order to change the interior from Mojave to Tahoe. The sequence was this:
1. I e-mailed my DA requesting that my order be changed and to send me a confirmation that they received my request. I included my order number and expect final configuration after the update. I only changed the interior.
2. The DA replied that they had made the request to the Sales team and that I should expect a confirmation from Sales
3. I received an e-mail from Sales with the subject "Your order <<my order #>> modification request is complete"
4. My order now reflects the requested change.

The whole process took less than a day. Bear in mind, I have no VIN so the production impact was likely nil. I believe that a typical VIN encodes major choices such as paint color and trim among other metadata, so I'd imagine things are a bit more complicated if a VIN has been assigned when a change is requested.
That's how it should be! Confirmation of changes before moving forward!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back