Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just changed my Touring reservation to AGT, Zenith Red, Tahoe and 21" wheels. Still a bit unsure about the 21s and leaning towards changing to 20".

I love your profile name, EXTESLA. Because that’s where I’m headed too.

I love your profile name, EXTESLA. Because that’s where I’m headed too.
You made me laugh. I loved my two Teslas, but got very tired of the way they treated their customers as they progressed. And, they weren't truly "luxury" vehicles. The Air is much more so. Just talked to the SA in Studio City and she said she'd be calling this Tuesday to confirm the order. The ride now starts............

You made me laugh. I loved my two Teslas, but got very tired of the way they treated their customers as they progressed. And, they weren't truly "luxury" vehicles. The Air is much more so. Just talked to the SA in Studio City and she said she'd be calling this Tuesday to confirm the order. The ride now starts............

I’m right there with you. Tesla became a very different company with the advent of the Model 3 era. Never above wanting my ego molly-coddled, I became very disappointed with Tesla when their post-sale customer service changed in character and execution.

Looking back, I’m a little surprised that quasi-early adopters like you and me didn’t see it coming. The fact that EEELOHHHHN never bothered to fill the position of VP for Customer Relations/Customer Service, and instead took on the job himself; and the fact that the only way to get any kind of service was through an app, with spotty response times and an inevitably long wait for an appointment opening, just confirmed in my mind EEEELOHHHN’s casusal contempt for those who supported his efforts from the very beginning. Sorry for the long run-on sentence.

I still love our Model S and our Model Xs, but I’ve never loved EEEELOHHHN, and I’ve long since fallen out of love with Tesla as a company and a brand.

To me, the Lucid Air fits what I originally had in mind when I started the loan application for our first Tesla, a Model S, all those years ago. What I had in mind, and what I really, really wanted, was a luxurious, long range, highway cruiser. The Lucid Air ticks all those boxes, and the fact that she’s a head turner too, is just the cherry on the ice cream sundae.

EDIT: I’m just a little farther along than you. I confirmed my order online just five days ago, on May 10th. Haven’t heard from any DA, but my ”SA” wants me to come by the San Diego UTC Lucid Studio to pick up a hat. So there’s that.

Last edited:
I’m right there with you. Tesla became a very different company with the advent of the Model 3 era. Never above wanting my ego molly-coddled, I became very disappointed with Tesla when their post-sale customer service changed in character and execution.

Looking back, I’m a little surprised that quasi-early adopters like you and me didn’t see it coming. The fact that EEELOHHHHN never bothered to fill the position of VP for Customer Relations/Customer Service, and instead took on the job himself; and the fact that the only way to get any kind of service was through an app, with spotty response times and an inevitably long wait for an appointment opening, just confirmed in my mind EEEELOHHHN’s casusal contempt for those who supported his efforts from the very beginning. Sorry for the long run-on sentence.

I still love our Model S and our Model Xs, but I’ve never loved EEEELOHHHN, and I’ve long since fallen out of love with Tesla as a company and a brand.

To me, the Lucid Air fits what I originally had in mind when I started the loan application for our first Tesla, a Model S, all those years ago. What I had in mind, and what I really, really wanted, was a luxurious, long range, highway cruiser. The Lucid Air ticks all those boxes, and the fact that she’s a head turner too, is just the cherry on the ice cream sundae.

EDIT: I’m just a little farther along than you. I confirmed my order online just five days on May 10th. Haven’t heard from any DA, but my ”SA” wants me to come by the San Diego UTC Lucid Studio to pick up a hat. So there’s that.
Congrats, I'm envious. But, I did just convert from the Touring to the GT. I'm anxious to hear your impressions since it sounds like we've owned the same Tesla products. Keep us posted on here.

...Still a bit unsure about the 21s and leaning towards changing to 20".
I'm thinking the extra few months the 20's require to ship could give me a slightly more debugged car. Also 19's IMO are a little ordinary looking, 21's a sidewall risk and busier ride. 20's because I can't decide between 19 and 21.

I'm thinking the extra few months the 20's require to ship could give me a slightly more debugged car. Also 19's IMO are a little ordinary looking, 21's a sidewall risk and busier ride. 20's because I can't decide between 19 and 21.

I‘m sticking with the 19s. Even at the risk of the car being “under-tyred”, I’m sticking with them because they promise the most range. If I have a couple of thousand dollars lying around after my $150K outlay for this car, I might spring for a set of 20s, just to have them around.

I‘m sticking with the 19s. Even at the risk of the car being “under-tyred”, I’m sticking with them because they promise the most range. If I have a couple of thousand dollars lying around after my $150K outlay for this car, I might spring for a set of 20s, just to have them around.

I think I'm going to give the car a run through all the seasons here to determine if it's safe to try the 20" or 21"

Picked up our GT in Millbrae Friday and was on the road by 12:30 headed north on 101 through SF to Sonoma county wine country. Spent the night in Santa Rosa and hydrated at Russian River Brewing while watching the Warriors finish off Memphis. We ran north of Santa Rosa the next morning before shooting over the hill to Calistoga and back into St Helena where the air temp had climbed into the low 90’s. The air conditioner worked well, but our daughter was critical when we entered the car after lunch. Temp was tolerable after the interior cooled down. After sampling a few wines, spent the night in Napa and headed home driving solo. Trunk space was more than enough to transport a few cases of wine and luggage. Pretty nice ride and really enjoyed the adaptive cruise control. The regenerative braking is a dream. Sound system is very nice. Wireless phone charging is a nice touch. Wife headed to Redding with our daughter, so it was nice to test the acceleration with tailgaters on the drive home. Had 166 miles left when I hit the garage, but plugged into the 50 amp outlet to recharge in time for the next run. First EV for us, but feel our ICE vehicles will get little use from here on out as we see less gas stations in our future. Definitely worth the wait.

The air conditioner worked well, but our daughter was critical when we entered the car after lunch.

Use the app to set interior temperature when you’re finishing your meal, it’s pretty good at getting the temp down fast and it will run for 30 min (my Mercedes would shut off after 10 min).

Use the app to set interior temperature when you’re finishing your meal, it’s pretty good at getting the temp down fast and it will run for 30 min (my Mercedes would shut off after 10 min).
Thanks for the heads up. Downloaded the app last night to monitor the charging remotely. Still in learning mode here.

Picked up our GT in Millbrae Friday and was on the road by 12:30 headed north on 101 through SF to Sonoma county wine country. Spent the night in Santa Rosa and hydrated at Russian River Brewing while watching the Warriors finish off Memphis. We ran north of Santa Rosa the next morning before shooting over the hill to Calistoga and back into St Helena where the air temp had climbed into the low 90’s. The air conditioner worked well, but our daughter was critical when we entered the car after lunch. Temp was tolerable after the interior cooled down. After sampling a few wines, spent the night in Napa and headed home driving solo. Trunk space was more than enough to transport a few cases of wine and luggage. Pretty nice ride and really enjoyed the adaptive cruise control. The regenerative braking is a dream. Sound system is very nice. Wireless phone charging is a nice touch. Wife headed to Redding with our daughter, so it was nice to test the acceleration with tailgaters on the drive home. Had 166 miles left when I hit the garage, but plugged into the 50 amp outlet to recharge in time for the next run. First EV for us, but feel our ICE vehicles will get little use from here on out as we see less gas stations in our future. Definitely worth the wait.

That was great! Considering doing something similar next month. https://lucidowners.com/threads/bay-area-drive.1363/

The car is fantastic for those who are in the queue waiting to get theirs. But curtail your expectations for those hoping for a more debugged vehicle in the next couple months, there hasn’t been a software update in some time sadly. Hoping for big things in that department sometime soon, but with that said, the bugs are NOT that bad atm. Sure, some things can work better and they will, but the issues the early DE folks had, are virtually gone.

Is wireless charger big enough to accommodate iPhone ProMax with 6.7 inch display?

Depends on case size. A lot won’t work. Take the case off, yes it will work.

Has anyone found a case that will work and still allow charging? I ran through a number of slim cases offered on amazon without any luck at all.

Depends on case size. A lot won’t work. Take the case off, yes it will work.
Thanks, car i Test drove was "pre-production, it did not fit however, SA told me that in production car it will be different, I will have to wait for mine to figure out,

Has anyone found a case that will work and still allow charging? I ran through a number of slim cases offered on amazon without any luck at all.
I have a cheap case from Amazon on my iPhone 13 promax and it fits 🤷‍♂️ My gf actually figured out you had to press hard to get those rubber balls to compress enough, but it fits and charges.

Looks like we have had 5 VIN assignments (all Grey) and 2 deliveries (both red) to members here in the last seven days, seems very low. I wonder what the real numbers are and how that graphs out?

Looks like we have had 5 VIN assignments (all Grey) and 2 deliveries (both red) to members here in the last seven days, seems very low. I wonder what the real numbers are and how that graphs out?
The same concern was brought up last month and then things picked up the middle of the month so hopefully, VINS/deliveries pick up this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back