Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well unfortunately I canceled today. Some lucky person will fast track to a zenith soon.

I was literally about to purchase. When the final bill came the total price was nearly $16k over the total they keep telling me which led me to think you know what this whole process has been disappointing. It would be disappointing for a $70k car let alone $156k. My DA was terrible. I get the feeling I was talking to a 24 year old who really haven't learned providing premium service. In feb she gave me my vin and told me to be prepared because it will move fast. She said she would tell me when the car would go into production and give me regular updates until delivery. None of those things happened. I've had to prod her for updates. At this price point she should be proactive rather than reactive. That's built into the car price. When I asked her 10 weeks after my vin why others who ordered the same trim after me were taking delivery and didn't even answered my question. Instead she said oh btw your car is ready. Hmmm just like that after I asked. Was my car problematic, were there production issues? Etc. My gut started to tell me not to fall in love with this car because I suspect something was not quite right. And even after the purchase process started I had to prod them on the purchase order to upload to the lender. So with all that and the software not getting significant updates in recent months I decided I need to be smart about this and walk away. Maybe next year I'll revisit if they improve their product a little more.
I'm confused? How was the price 16k over what you were expecting?

I'm confused? How was the price 16k over what you were expecting?
$140k + $15 for tax and document fees. It wasn't over what I was expecting I was just saying it just didn't feel like a $155k product (car and service)

I'm going to reserve judgment until I see some actual information that isn't just rumors. Too many people who want to short the stock.

The user who posted this claims to have done so because "someone else posted an update," but that "someone else" also posted about the fixture/sealer deck ( ) so I'm not at all certain that this isn't the same person. It wreaks of a shortseller to me.
Not sure why the “employee” would post under his “real” name either. If he exists I guess that means his aim is to get fired!?

We have not heard what the problem is specifically with Silver. Blue is not really a problem, per se, as they don't offer it. The harmonization process was specifically with Grey and involved getting the various painted parts of the car to be the same shade (within a specified tolerance). Parts of different materials, painted at different times in different environmental conditions can appear different after curing. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with the material provided by vendors and everything to do with how the manufacturer tweaks their mixture/process.
It's a harmonizing thing. I thought I was buying a car not going on a Yoga retreat

Well unfortunately I canceled today. Some lucky person will fast track to a zenith soon.

I was literally about to purchase. When the final bill came the total price was nearly $16k over the total they keep telling me which led me to think you know what this whole process has been disappointing.
Not saying you didn't have the experience you wanted for your money, but to say the price was a surprise is on you. No way they told you the price was $16k less than the final bill with tax & doc fee. Anyone here can calculate taxes. You are entitled to your reasons, but this one is lame. Sorry.

Not saying you didn't have the experience you wanted for your money, but to say the price was a surprise is on you. No way they told you the price was $16k less than the final bill with tax & doc fee. Anyone here can calculate taxes. You are entitled to your reasons, but this one is lame. Sorry.
No I didn't say I wasn't expecting the final price. I was simply saying for $155k the experience felt like buying a Toyota.

The tracker will be updated tomorrow. Sorry all - caught COVID during my vacation and struggling mightily.
😷😷 get well soon!

The tracker will be updated tomorrow. Sorry all - caught COVID during my vacation and struggling mightily.

Forget the tracker. Your health comes first. COVID knocked me flat on my back for over a week. It was no cakewalk.
Get well soon.

Agree about taking your time coming back as the tracker can wait. Get well soon.

• Another week long shutdown is coming this month or next.
  • Lucid employees forming a union, delays to ensue.
  • Upper Management believes only 5k cars to be delivered this year.
  • Companywide walkout scheduled for May 31st.
Isn't America great!!! They just got job, company is still trying to ramp up production and still loosing money, and those bums are staging walk out? any wonder if next lucid plant will be in other country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back