Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we're moving...here's hoping we get to see the first pics of the Grey's from @Neurio soon!
There are more Grey delays. Something is going on at the factory as the cars are having QC issues

Yes, it is all starting to get comical. It makes one wonder, "what's next?" I have an update call scheduled for tomorrow (2 weeks post-VIN assignment), but tempted to just cancel as it really doesn't matter. I get the car when I get the car. It's looking more and more like July though as I am out of the country the second half of June. My DA's boss promised "before the end of May", but that is highly unlikely given that the car is still in production and the logistics involved, not to mention that these cars appear to need quite a bit of attention at the Service Centers before actual delivery.

Yes, it is all starting to get comical. It makes one wonder, "what's next?" I have an update call scheduled for tomorrow (2 weeks post-VIN assignment), but tempted to just cancel as it really doesn't matter. I get the car when I get the car. It's looking more and more like July though as I am out of the country the second half of June. My DA's boss promised "before the end of May", but that is highly unlikely given that the car is still in production and the logistics involved, not to mention that these cars appear to need quite a bit of attention at the Service Centers before actual delivery.
Look on the bright side. At least you didn't order silver...

That's true, except for the fact that I feel somewhat like Charley Brown with Lucy pulling the football away. At least with Silver, they just took the football away and put it in the closet.

We have the "Grey Delay", the "Silver Slide" and soon to be (rumored) "Blue Blues".;)

At the rate they are going, the greys and silvers will be delivered at the same time 😀

Can someone explain to me why Lucid can’t figure out silver and blue? These are basic car colors that a body shop could do. Why is lucid having trouble? Is there something particular about these vehicles or production process? Are they reinventing the wheel?

Can someone explain to me why Lucid can’t figure out silver and blue? These are basic car colors that a body shop could do. Why is lucid having trouble? Is there something particular about these vehicles or production process? Are they reinventing the wheel?
Well Silver/Grey we don't know, but they never offered Blue...

Guess you haven't done any research on this board as it's been discussed for the last 3 months. It's not Lucid that is the problem but the paint harmonization problem from the production/supplier folks.

Last edited:
No Blue....yet. Only in pre-pro and a rumor from an alleged employee.

There are more Grey delays. Something is going on at the factory as the cars are having QC issues
Do you have any specifics on this “new” delay? I guess I feel slightly less bad about not having my VIN yet if it turns out to not mean anything…

I believe it's related to the one week production stoppage, so it's a delay for all. When you stop production, it doesn't allow for cars to get to the point of having a VIN assigned and, thus, no VIN's being relayed to customers.

Guess you haven't done any research on this board as it's been discussed for the last 3 months. It's not Lucid that is the problem but the paint harmonization problem from the production/supplier folks.
I have read a bunch of threads. This is first I’ve heard of it? Can you post other threads where this was mentioned? I seem to have missed them. Thanks.

I have read a bunch of threads. This is first I’ve heard of it? Can you post other threads where this was mentioned? I seem to have missed them. Thanks.
I think it's in this thread, somewhere between pages 1 and 146, haha, but maybe around 100?

I believe it's related to the one week production stoppage, so it's a delay for all. When you stop production, it doesn't allow for cars to get to the point of having a VIN assigned and, thus, no VIN's being relayed to customers.
Ok so not grey specific; good.

We have not heard what the problem is specifically with Silver. Blue is not really a problem, per se, as they don't offer it. The harmonization process was specifically with Grey and involved getting the various painted parts of the car to be the same shade (within a specified tolerance). Parts of different materials, painted at different times in different environmental conditions can appear different after curing. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with the material provided by vendors and everything to do with how the manufacturer tweaks their mixture/process.

Finally got a Vin#. for my Gray GT. Suspect it will take a few weeks to see the car that will be delivered in Scottsdale. I also will get the other car that I have been after them to produce later in the year which
will be the same car w/ the performance motors. I will sell this one and keep the GT performance version.

• Another week long shutdown is coming this month or next.
  • Lucid employees forming a union, delays to ensue.
  • Upper Management believes only 5k cars to be delivered this year.
  • Companywide walkout scheduled for May 31st.

• Another week long shutdown is coming this month or next.
  • Lucid employees forming a union, delays to ensue.
  • Upper Management believes only 5k cars to be delivered this year.
  • Companywide walkout scheduled for May 31st.
Wow. This sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back