Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was, two weeks ago, " your car should deliver in 2-6 weeks, but most of my customers are more in the 3 week timeframe" has now become " I still believe your car has the chance of delivering within the 6 week timeframe". The tone has changed drastically. It has gone from being very optimistic about making the mid range of the estimate to hopeful of making the estimate at all. Looking like July for me since I cannot take delivery the second half of June, even if offered, and they have known that for months, even promising "before the end of May" at one point. Oh well.
Yes, I was told the same thing - 2-6 weeks is their timeline, but they have been getting faster at production and delivery AND since I am having it delivered to Costa Mesa which is close to the factory, I should expect it to be on the shorter end like 2-3 weeks. It was also ‘guarantee’ that it would arrive within 30 days so process the BofA loan and it will be delivered before need it for my trip, which was 30 days from the VIN. Well,, I am now 2-1/2 weeks in and it is still ’in production,’ My last contact was a terse reply in an email saying 2-6 weeks and he will let me know when it has finished production. Something odd is going on over at the factory and they are being tight lipped about it.

Yes, I was told the same thing - 2-6 weeks is their timeline, but they have been getting faster at production and delivery AND since I am having it delivered to Costa Mesa which is close to the factory, I should expect it to be on the shorter end like 2-3 weeks. It was also ‘guarantee’ that it would arrive within 30 days so process the BofA loan and it will be delivered before need it for my trip, which was 30 days from the VIN. Well,, I am now 2-1/2 weeks in and it is still ’in production,’ My last contact was a terse reply in an email saying 2-6 weeks and he will let me know when it has finished production. Something odd is going on over at the factory and they are being tight lipped about it.
I would hate the job of being a DA at this point. Because of all the problems at the factory it appears most of their job is stalling customers any way possible.

I just talked to my DA, and he said my Grey-Tahoe GT was shipped yesterday (May 11) from the Casa Grande factory to the Riviera Beach, Florida service center. He said the car would arrive at the service center in the next 3-4 days, and that subsequent pre-delivery inspection process would be 2-3 weeks. He implied they've really upgraded the depth and thoroughness of the pre-delivery process to catch and correct problems that they've seen multiple times in vehicles.
Wow. 5 days from VIN to delivery! Wonder hour yours leapfrogged all the April VINs that are still ‘in production’?

Wow. 5 days from VIN to delivery! Wonder hour yours leapfrogged all the April VINs that are still ‘in production’?
Well, 5 days from VIN to shipping, not delivery. That would have been awesome! Maybe my car is one of the first Grey cars (for better or worse). It was supposed to go to another customer who cancelled. I don't know that other customer's confirmation date, but he or she may have had one of the earliest Grey confirmation dates.

I just talked to my DA today re time estimates for my VIN and delivery (Air Grand Touring, grey, Mojave, 19” wheels, confirmed 14 Dec 2021). He estimated VIN for last week in May or first week in June, with delivery to Maryland 2-8 weeks (and more probably 2-6 weeks) after VIN assignment. Unprompted, he was a bit apologetic for the delay in VIN assignment, saying that Lucid management was aware that they had received a lot of recent criticism for quality control, and were looking to improve.

I also asked for the latest on Lucid Connected Home Charger availability, and was told third quarter, probably sooner in third quarter than later. I’m still very enthusiastic about getting the car and okay with a bit more delay to deal with quality control glitches - especially as I’ll be relegated to recharging from my garage 120v outlet or commercial charging stations until the home charger is available.

Please add me to the GT tracker. Grey, Mojave, 19” wheels, confirmed 14 Dec 2021, pencils received Feb 2022.

I Unprompted, he was a bit apologetic for the delay in VIN assignment, saying that Lucid management was aware that they had received a lot of recent criticism for quality control, and were looking to improve.
Was Lucid management also aware that there is a lot of criticism with the lack of communication? It’s another area they need to drastically improve.

I just got my pencils, what has been the pencil to VIN assignment average?
I just got my pencils today, but I got my AGT 4 weeks ago. 😂

Please let me whether you are able to see a Zenith red at the Scottsdale Studio. I placed a call to the studio to find out but my call was rerouted to corporate — and they said no red at that Studio. Thinking of changing my order from black to red but would like to see the red “in the flesh” before doing so.
Having finally seen the red at Newport Beach CA studio earlier today, it is more of a "red wine" and looks almost purple in low light. Truly like a glass of cabernet. (Reminds me of a great Q45 I had back in the day.) I am happy that it's the color I confirmed in early March and look forward to getting my AGT in the next few months (hoping .... maybe ...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back