• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u2.jpg

So I got my VIN# today! Gray/Tahoe, 21" wheels. Ordered June 2020, confirmed Nov 10th. Spoke to my DA, who told me I should receive the car around May20-25th. I still take this with a grain of salt.... hopefully other Gray VIN#'s coming soon!

So I got my VIN# today! Gray/Tahoe, 21" wheels. Ordered June 2020, confirmed Nov 10th. Spoke to my DA, who told me I should receive the car around May20-25th. I still take this with a grain of salt.... hopefully other Gray VIN#'s coming soon!
Congrats! Where are you taking delivery?

Yay - you may be the first to get the grey Lucid Air!

Just Received My Zenith Red/Tahoe AGT today(someone's cancellation)!!

Color looks very nice. The red varies from burgundy to deep red depending on lighting conditions. I was concerned, but the Tahoe interior also contrasts nicely with it. The Motor Trend beige rubber mats look good and are a very close match to the Tahoe carpeting.

It appears the red is a dust magnet. Any recommendations on cleaning appreciated.

Car drives very smoothly . Very happy so far.

Congratulations, Same configuration I am waiting on. Unfortunately any darker color will show dust. Black also makes for a beautiful car but is almost impossible to keep clean. Probably why there are so many silver and white cars on the road.

Just Received My Zenith Red/Tahoe AGT today(someone's cancellation)!!

Color looks very nice. The red varies from burgundy to deep red depending on lighting conditions. I was concerned, but the Tahoe interior also contrasts nicely with it. The Motor Trend beige rubber mats look good and are a very close match to the Tahoe carpeting.

It appears the red is a dust magnet. Any recommendations on cleaning appreciated.

Car drives very smoothly . Very happy so far.
Dust magnet, water spot sticky, finger print adhesive -- all of the above. Add to that pollen (in you are in a spring blossoming area).

You only truly enjoy the exterior look after a washing and thorough hand drying, even with a clear PPF wrap. The glass also shows water spots right after rain or just morning dew. The gap under the trunk hood is particularly bad for gathering and showing dust and dirt.

Seriously planning to add ceramic coating in the hope of impeding water retention and helping dust blow off. Otherwise, it's wash first then 100 down the straightaway for an "Air Dry." :)

My well water is high in bicarbonates and calcium and I keep 12 cars here so water spots are a huge problem. I final rinse with a portable deionizer I bought originally from Griots Garage and it works wonderfully. Spendy but so what. It alleviates a huge problem and my cars look great.
9C27D78B-F4B4-4A6C-8978-B1702CFC5789.jpeg

Dust magnet, water spot sticky, finger print adhesive -- all of the above. Add to that pollen (in you are in a spring blossoming area).

You only truly enjoy the exterior look after a washing and thorough hand drying, even with a clear PPF wrap. The glass also shows water spots right after rain or just morning dew. The gap under the trunk hood is particularly bad for gathering and showing dust and dirt.

Seriously planning to add ceramic coating in the hope of impeding water retention and helping dust blow off. Otherwise, it's wash first then 100 down the straightaway for an "Air Dry." :)
Ceramic coat will make it so you could ALMOST air dry it, if it's just a light dust, with ceramic you could just wipe down

Patience pays off. Bear’s Workshop fly over on the 25th had me pondering all those vehicles and not a single transporter. It left me curious as to when our car would leave the facility. Received an email from our DA this afternoon stating our GT had left the factory en route to Millbrae.

Patience pays off. Bear’s Workshop fly over on the 25th had me pondering all those vehicles and not a single transporter. It left me curious as to when our car would leave the facility. Received an email from our DA this afternoon stating our GT had left the factory en route to Millbrae.
@Craig , when did you get your VIN? Just trying to figure out when mine will ship to Millbrae.

Maybe this has been answered. My Air GT was confirmed on 12/14; VIN assigned on 4/12; and I received a notice that it was leaving the factory on 4/23. I assume it is going to their Chicago Goose Island plant for final testing and quality control. Either way, what is the estimated time from once the Air GT leaves the factory to it being delivered? I asked my DA but so far no response.

I am financing about 2/3 of the purchase price and do not want to sign the finance documents until I get a hard delivery date. TY

@Craig , when did you get your VIN? Just trying to figure out when mine will ship to Millbrae.
VIN assignment was on March 3, so it looks like eight weeks to ship date. Can’t take possession until mid May due to prior travel commitments unless we can pick it up on Mothers’ Day. Did you ever receive your pencils?

Last edited:
Definitely not 8 weeks anymore. My VIN was assigned April 12, and made it to Millbrae on April 19th.

Maybe this has been answered. My Air GT was confirmed on 12/14; VIN assigned on 4/12; and I received a notice that it was leaving the factory on 4/23. I assume it is going to their Chicago Goose Island plant for final testing and quality control. Either way, what is the estimated time from once the Air GT leaves the factory to it being delivered? I asked my DA but so far no response.

I am financing about 2/3 of the purchase price and do not want to sign the finance documents until I get a hard delivery date. TY
They told me 2-6 weeks after VIN assignment. I am just over the 2 week mark now and it looks like delivery will be within a week or so. But I’m picking up at Millbrae and it’s hectic there with cars. Not sure how it will be in Chicago, but I’d say a couple week.

What locations are used for PDI? Anywhere besides Millbrae and Goose Island?

What locations are used for PDI? Anywhere besides Millbrae and Goose Island?
Every service center, Torrance, Costa Mesa, Beverly Hills, Riviera Beach, Scottsdale

So nothing on the East Coast yet? I see Long Island and the Boston area are getting a service center sometime this year. Wish the mid-Atlantic states rated one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back