Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delivery scheduled for 4/27. Black, Tahoe, 21". Millbrae CA. VIN 3/10. took them one week to schedule the delivery after signing and payment. AAA insurance is at $4950. Any suggestions for less expensive insurance?
thanks

If you live in California, try wawanesa. AAA wanted $2600-3000 for my Tesla MYP (depends on coverage), already good driver & multi-entities discount. Wawanesa charged me $1400/year 100/300

Delivery scheduled for 4/27. Black, Tahoe, 21". Millbrae CA. VIN 3/10. took them one week to schedule the delivery after signing and payment. AAA insurance is at $4950. Any suggestions for less expensive insurance?
thanks
Seems way high, even for California. There are probably 3 or 4 threads devoted to insurance. Suggest you search on top right box “insurance” and enjoy the banter.

Seems way high, even for California. There are probably 3 or 4 threads devoted to insurance. Suggest you search on top right box “insurance” and enjoy the banter.
Yikes, I thought my Geico was high at $3900...it is, but AAA is worse!

thanks
Congrats! And yikes! That is more than triple what I am paying. I think ours ended up at $1300/year as a 3rd car with State Farm.

I can’t wait till report on your audio testing with all the time you will have in your car!
Oh, y’all have no idea. I’m going to be testing the hell out of it.

If they're actually ordering from Amazon for supplies, then they are definitely hitting a wall.

They should have opted for Amazon Prime. You get to watch The Marvelous Ms. Maisel while waiting for your cable ties to show up.

I finalize payment tomorrow and will set up delivery possibly Saturday or Sunday depending on transport availability from Chicago to New York. Can’t wait

They should have opted for Amazon Prime. You get to watch The Marvelous Ms. Maisel while waiting for your cable ties to show up.
You can see my 59 Isetta in the first season of marvelous Mrs. Maisel. It was used as a prop for the last car to Drive through Washington square park. It was modeled on an actual photo taken then. Historically accurate although who would really know.

You can see my 59 Isetta in the first season of marvelous Mrs. Maisel. It was used as a prop for the last car to Drive through Washington square park. It was modeled on an actual photo taken then. Historically accurate although who would really know.
Love that show, that’s a really cool fun fact.

Love that show, that’s a really cool fun fact.
Found the pic comparing the scene and reality. We still don’t know if the actual car was an Isetta 600 but it’s close!
B336AFAD-2CF2-475B-B72F-1A5EEDFE6337.jpeg

Heard from my DA yesterday that my Nov 30th confirmation for Gray/Santa Cruz was now expected to enter production early to mid May. I’m thinking most likely mid based on the lack of VINs for those with earlier Nov Gray confirmations.

Interesting to me that they assigned a November 30th VIN before assigning all of the November 2nd VINs. I wonder if this is a DA thing or what...

Yes, grey, they appear to be skipping right over most of us with early and mid-November VIN's. I guess order date actually means quite a bit less than I, at least, was led to believe. I still have a somewhat nebulous, moving target from my DA with respect to VIN/delivery. I hope he is just being overly conservative and non-committal.

Yes, grey, they appear to be skipping right over most of us with early and mid-November VIN's. I guess order date actually means quite a bit less than I, at least, was led to believe. I still have a somewhat nebulous, moving target from my DA with respect to VIN/delivery. I hope he is just being overly conservative and non-committal.

I've always been told it should be sequential but the VIN assignments for all the colors is obviously not the case.

It's obviously effected by color and interior despite them saying early on that should not effect it. Then, when you get down to the color, it clearly is not sequential either. I'm perplexed.

what was the interior and tires on the Nov. 30th grey that got a VIN number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back