Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to my DA who told me yesterday that he processed the first 4 gray VIN's that Lucid has released and sent them out to their owners. I too have a gray car and he told me mine should be coming up soon, within 2 weeks. For all those who are in the gray paint batch like myself, this should give us some hope!

I spoke to my DA who told me yesterday that he processed the first 4 gray VIN's that Lucid has released and sent them out to their owners. I too have a gray car and he told me mine should be coming up soon, within 2 weeks. For all those who are in the gray paint batch like myself, this should give us some hope!

This is great, do you mind sharing when you confirmed your order? As well as what interior you chose?

Yes, encouraging...but, I'd protect the name of your DA from those of us who've gone gray (and maybe lost some hair over the drama, too).

Palm Springs, CA area
1649906707135.png

1649906729501.png

It looks like just under 100 vehicles. All with VINs assigned, but awaiting transport? I saw somewhere that VIN 500 (DE) was delivered. So we are likely at the end of the DE's? Was Grey or Silver even an option for the DEs?
No. The Dream colors were Gold, black and white. They added red at the end with the same issues they are currently having with Grey and silver. The reds were delayed in the Dreams.

Anyway, based on my reps bad news yesterday that my Red Santa Cruz 21" is delayed two months past the 2-4 month range, and the fact that some reds from the January batch have been assigned VINs, I believe that other colors have been haled to deliver a large batch of Greys. In March, me rep said my VIN was imminent, but I guess these guys just say whatever to get us temporarily happy.
A lot of customers are missing their delivery windows. They should have never confirmed that many orders that quickly as it gave customers a timeline that they couldn’t meet. Did Lucid anticipate the ramp up too aggressively? I think so. They pretty much have confirmed every Grand Touring order, but their real output is painfully slow. We can talk about the issues with grey and silver paint harmonization, but the reality is that even for the colors they can produce, the ramp up is not what is should be.
Lucid has been telling many of us for months that our VINs are imminent. It is just not proper communication.

I of course realize that the Grey guys have waited longer than I to get their cars, but the selfish side of me wished that greys would be a week or more later, so I could get my Red sooner., but fair is fair I will say I am getting pretty sick of the lack of communications from Lucid and Lucid is not on my "nice list" anymore. My rep did say he was going to send me a present. Do we think it will be pencils?
some people have waited over 2-1/2 years Including almost 6 months in a 2-4 month delivery window without a VIN yet. All while being told that production would be by reservation and confirmation dates and that color choice would not matter. Communication has been general corporate speak, blah, blah, blah without ever giving real answers to questions. You can ask for a present to bring you back into good grace, but it will likely be a pencil.

That is interesting. Another member said privately to me that nothing had been done before today, but today there were two. My DA said no VINs had been issued and he was contacting all the DAs. If one had been issued, I would be told. Another member with a different DA privately told me the same thing. so we have 4 DAs with three different answers.

Anyway, based on my reps bad news yesterday that my Red Santa Cruz 21" is delayed two months past the 2-4 month range, and the fact that some reds from the January batch have been assigned VINs, I believe that other colors have been haled to deliver a large batch of Greys
@Kfederico , do you have any more information regarding the 2 month delay on top of the 2-4 month window ? I’m in the same Jan 5th batch as you with the same Red/Santa-Cruz config. There seems to be other folks with similar configs around the same confirmation date being assigned VINs - so I am really confused.

For those who are keeping track of orders. My journey through the ever changing color spectrum has finally ended.

Originally ordered silver/mojave

When informed that silver would be delayed till July, I changed order to Red/mojave

Got very aggravated that red/mojave VINs were given out to people that confirmed after me, when I was promised I would not lose my place in line when I was offered a color change

After several discussions, was offered a red/tahoe that was a recent cancellation

Accepted offer. Received a VIN yesterday. Car has to be shipped from Scottsdale to Seattle, then delivered to me in Portland Oregon.

I feel like a went through the color gamut. Hope I like the final product, having never seen the combination.

VIN arrived today!

AGT Black/Mojave
Reservation made 2/28/21
Order completed 12/14/21
Order modified (tire change) after call with DA 1/6/22
VIN 3/3/22

I haven't been on these forums for a while - guess it's time to return!

An update to my own post - I received a call and an email on 4/7/22 saying that "We plan to ship your Lucid Air from our factory in the coming days to Seattle, WA," and that I would receive an email to sign the purchase agreement and pay once it had shipped. I received those emails on the same day, so either it shipped right away or they just sent those early. I don't yet have a delivery date, but I assume that's imminent.

I'm signing the contract today (was waiting for the loan paperwork to close), but I'll likely wait to pay them until the car is actually here. :)

Did he black out the entire car?
See this thread with another great pic of a blacked out Air:

I picked my car yesterday at 2PM
Absolutely a AMAZING.
5/14/21 Deposit
11/30/21 Confirmation
3/29/22 Vin
4/13/22 Delivery Scottsdale Instead of home delivery in Wisconsin I'm driving my new family member home!!!!!
Congrats! Better 2 weeks late than never!

Absolutely a AMAZING.
5/14/21 Deposit
11/30/21 Confirmation
3/29/22 Vin
4/13/22 Delivery Scottsdale Instead of home delivery in Wisconsin I'm driving my new family member home!!!!!
Enjoy the drive! And do watch out for that pesky blizzard :)

Absolutely a AMAZING.
5/14/21 Deposit
11/30/21 Confirmation
3/29/22 Vin
Nice! Curious about how you negotiated the AZ pick up as I've suggested similar to my DA if it would mean an appreciable difference in timing - what did they tell you? Fun excuse for a road trip! Safe travels, and let us know how the cross country charging goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back