Non platinum roof?

Thinjake

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, Genesis GV80
Saw this photo of all black Lucid and LOVE IT! IS that custom or can you opt out of the platinum finish on the roof?

Black Lucid.jpg

I believe they used a gloss black PPF

Can't tell but what wheels are those? Certainly not stock.
Looks like the 21" wheels, just a sharp angle of view.

I would guess it’s vinyl or ppf…

Why does lucid insist on a platinum roof?

Them: At this time that is not an option but what I’ve seen some owners do: they take the vehicle to a third party body shop and matte black the aluminum.

Another option you can also do is go with a lighter shade paint of paint(Stellar White, Quantum Grey, Cosmo Silver) as it blends in better with the aluminum, making it look like one unified color.

Me: So you cannot get the glass canopy without the two-tone roof?

Them: The Lucid Air Touring actually comes standard with a metal body color roof so as long as you don’t upgrade to the Glass canopy roof than you won’t have the brushed aluminum two tone roof.

I wish they would offer a platinum body paint that would match the roof. That would actually look kinda cool I think.

Why do both cars have what looks like a strip of platinum leftover at the bottom of the c pillar. Is it a a reflection or is that part not wrapped?

Why do both cars have what looks like a strip of platinum leftover at the bottom of the c pillar. Is it a a reflection or is that part not wrapped?
That would be the placard. Looks like this:

1649903227626.png

Yeah. Blacked out look is nice and never goes out of style.

Maybe @JayZee#293 can offer some insight since he blacked out his top rails as well.

I like the black out roof but debating on doing just that or blacking out the entire car

Back