Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great, do you mind sharing when you confirmed your order? As well as what interior you chose?
I confirmed my order Nov 10th. I chose Gray/Tahoe interior. Hopefully I will get a VIN number before the end of the month. To all the folks that have been frustrated with the waiting game like myself, all I can say is that at least the extra 3-4 months should get a lot of software bugs worked out, especially after reading all the posts here. [Kudos to everyone on reporting these issues btw.] I was told that my car would be built in Jan and delivered at the end of Feb, so if I get it by the end of May I will be happy to start driving it.

I picked my car yesterday at 2PM
Absolutely a AMAZING.
5/14/21 Deposit
11/30/21 Confirmation
3/29/22 Vin
4/13/22 Delivery Scottsdale Instead of home delivery in Wisconsin I'm driving my new family member home!!!!!

I am considering doing this myself, let me know what the drive is like.

Update on my order. Spoke to my DA. The car has finished production and is on its way to the Florida Delivery Center, expected to arrive on Saturday. He did caution that PDI can take a day or a few weeks. So expectations are set. I am currently scheduled for home delivery in JAX, but offered to pick it up at the Delivery center if timing worked.

Black, Stand Cruz, 21's

I received my VIN on 4/4

Absolutely a AMAZING.
5/14/21 Deposit
11/30/21 Confirmation
3/29/22 Vin
4/13/22 Delivery Scottsdale Instead of home delivery in Wisconsin I'm driving my new family member home!!!!!

Congrats!

Which route are you taking? If my plan comes to fruition I may be on part of your path. Would be great to know what type of mi/kWh you get.

I confirmed my order Nov 10th. I chose Gray/Tahoe interior. Hopefully I will get a VIN number before the end of the month. To all the folks that have been frustrated with the waiting game like myself, all I can say is that at least the extra 3-4 months should get a lot of software bugs worked out, especially after reading all the posts here. [Kudos to everyone on reporting these issues btw.] I was told that my car would be built in Jan and delivered at the end of Feb, so if I get it by the end of May I will be happy to start driving it.
That definitely is one positive! We will probably be on software version 20.1.1 by then LOL. My main issue is a May trip across the country that I was planning to use the Lucid for instead of an ICE, which I keep pushing about as far out as I can. Figured it was a no brainer (as well as a trip in late April) when confirming back in November with a 2-4 month delivery time.one. Even had some trips in Feb and Mar that I thought ‘could’ be possible in the GT with those timelines. The impression given was that they were really trying for a 2 month timeline, but if they had issues, it could be a little bit longer. Hence the up to 4 months. I do not think Lucid thought it would take longer than that. The fact that they are STILL giving a 2-4 month timeline for new confirmations it utter nonsense and a ‘unicorn pipe dream.“ It is a 3-6 month MINIMUM and the sooner they admit that, the better it will be from a customer service perspective.

A Grey Lucid reservation holder emailed me through my blog that their DA said they started his car, the VIN should be given to him soon and he should have his car within weeks.

He Reserved 3/30/2021, Confirmed 11/30/2021

This was the message the DA sent him - he is not on this forum:

"I just got word from the factory today that your car has officially started production last week! The car is projected to be through paint and get a VIN assigned by the 3rd week of April, and we have been seeing about 1 to 3 weeks from VIN assignment to vehicle shipment. This means I expect we should be delivering you this car by the end of June at the latest, but probably a little earlier than that."

A Grey Lucid reservation holder emailed me through my blog that their DA said they started his car, the VIN should be given to him soon and he should have his car within weeks.

He Reserved 3/30/2021, Confirmed 11/30/2021

This was the message the DA sent him - he is not on this forum:

"I just got word from the factory today that your car has officially started production last week! The car is projected to be through paint and get a VIN assigned by the 3rd week of April, and we have been seeing about 1 to 3 weeks from VIN assignment to vehicle shipment. This means I expect we should be delivering you this car by the end of June at the latest, but probably a little earlier than that."
Blah, blah, blah. It is the same email we all get.

“Great news! As you know we have JUST STARTED GT production. I just got word from the factory that your VIN will be assigned SOON (or by date xyz). After that happens we put the guts into your car and will deliver it 2-6 weeks later”

or something like that

EDIT: I think I received the first version of that email back in February.

Blah, blah, blah. It is the same email we all get.

“Great news! As you know we have JUST STARTED GT production. I just got word from the factory that your VIN will be assigned SOON (or by date xyz). After that happens we put the guts into your car and will deliver it 2-6 weeks later”

or something like that

EDIT: I think I received the first version of that email back in February.
oh sad :(

Here is my version from February 23rd:

“Grand Tourings officially start production about 2 weeks ago, so I am feeling confident I should have an update for your specific order very soon. I know our clients have started to get they’re VINs, but as for, ”color batches” I’m unaware of this effecting our vehicle production. I’m glad Xxxxxx was able to assist you! Sorry to hear about their charging issues.”

Yeah. Standard rote email. I've been told my car is in production since February...
That means it is “on their spreadsheet”

of course the 1-3 weeks from VIN to “shipment” is new. They usually say delivery in 2-6 weeks after VIN. Since they are also having problems with the final quality checks at the studio and actual delivery, they have probably left the end off. They are much more confident it can leave the plant in 1-3 weeks rather than deliver in 2-6.

My DA also just confirmed with me that "customers with Quantum Grey cars are receiving VIN’s."

But he told me my car won't be delivered until mid-June but I didn't reserve until 2/1/2022.

My DA also just confirmed with me that "customers with Quantum Grey cars are receiving VIN’s."

But he told me my car won't be delivered until mid-June but I didn't reserve until 2/1/2022.
It would not surprise me if they deliver nothing but Grey for a while. They had a big backlog. The way they seem to work I would bet any other colors will not be delivered for a long time. If rbbarry's rep is telling the truth, he will have reserved 3 months after my Red Santa Cruz 21" but will get his Grey delivered before my red.

Absolutely a AMAZING.
5/14/21 Deposit
11/30/21 Confirmation
3/29/22 Vin
I have the exact same confirmation, Vin and arrival at service center dates. Visited my car in pre delivery inspection 4/12. Hope for delivery or pickup in the next couple days...

they really should give a 3-6 month timeline from confirmation. No one hits 2 and very few are hitting the 4 month . For those it is only because the greys in front of them can’t be produced.. You, like most, are in that 5-6 month timeline and some of us are looking at 7-8 months on the high end. A 3-6 month statement by the DAs would be more realistic.

It would not surprise me if they deliver nothing but Grey for a while. They had a big backlog. The way they seem to work I would bet any other colors will not be delivered for a long time. If rbbarry's rep is telling the truth, he will have reserved 3 months after my Red Santa Cruz 21" but will get his Grey delivered before my red.
Imagine what those who reserved in 2019 are thinking while seeing customers who reserved in Q4 last year get their cars delivered.

I spoke to my DA who told me yesterday that he processed the first 4 gray VIN's that Lucid has released and sent them out to their owners. I too have a gray car and he told me mine should be coming up soon, within 2 weeks. For all those who are in the gray paint batch like myself, this should give us some hope!
My information is:

”As of this morning, I have not been made aware of any Grey VINs being communicated. However, I expect the first group of Grey VINs to be produced and announced by the end of this week.”

likely the announcement is from the “expectations“ to be announced by the end of the week.

Imagine what those who reserved in 2019 are thinking while seeing customers who reserved in Q4 last year get their cars delivered.
Yeah, if folks stuck to their guns on color (Grey, Silver, Red), wheel and interior(Santa Cruz), they had a long wait on their hands. I am surprised that Lucid's operation apparently only has one paint facility, thus they get on a color and deliver way out of order sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back