Feedback/improvements for the Air!

Feedback is great, but a consolidated list of improvements would be an easy place for Lucid to look for feedback.

• CarPlay
  • Android Auto
  • Charge scheduling
  • Dashcam ability
  • Sentry mode
  • Camera while driving ability
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • V2G, V2V, V2H charging capabilities
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Add bottom navigation and a side panel with Homelink buttons to the pilot panel Park/Camera screen
  • Hardwire USB data capabilities
  • Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Satellite radio, either integrated or as an application
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but it’s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Make the freaking cars in the UI match my car color. The car in the UI is a silver DE, which isn’t even possible
  • Navigation
    • Google earth map overlay
    • Slow to find destinations
    • Short interruptions in cell signal confuse or lock up system
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • Faster car startup
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once it’s dragged there
  • Auto high for headlights/adaptive lighting
  • Seats
    • Comfort access/easy in out
    • Passenger Seat Memory
    • Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
    • Customization of Unlock/Lock
    • Proximity lock - on/off
    • Unlock - Driver door/all doors
    • A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)
    • Comfort access (seat moves back for exit) This helps many drivers with exit and helps if drivers of significant height differences share the car.
  • Faster Loading for profile changes
  • Improved wireless charging dock
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • Use a combination of key proximity and rear camera/sensors to open the trunk Ala foot trunk/tailgate opening
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
  • Trunk opening with foot motion (boot kick)
  • Apple Car key
  • Park system/Camera
    • The cameras have a lag. The lag from reality to the screen inside the car is enough to be nauseating.
    • The graphics overlays cover the portions of the image you most need to see. The car is not represented on the screen accurately to where it is in the outside world. The audio alerts are annoying vs informative and often go to full tone when you are in fact not that close to anything.
    • The Park distance camera screen UI doesn’t even match up well with the rest of the UI in the car. Lower navigation panel is not there. The Autopark and Surround view links as well as the “x” and “mute” can be easily lost in the image.
  • charge points need to adjust / adapt based on current consumption rate and not just when the route is first planned. (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-gps-must-be-dynamic-regarding-range.1065/)
  • left hand display in addition to the current mileage/average mile/kWh must have a 5 mins running average mile/kWh (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-energy-usage-needs-a-5-min-average.1066/)
  • Valet Mode/Young driver mode to limit acceleration/top speed
  • Drive-in Movie Mode - Keep the climate on but have interior lights and exterior lights off when doors open
  • Ability to turn off running lights
  • Delay on regen braking when disengaging cruise control
  • Auto-precondition when destination is set as a charging station
  • Eco drive mode (disabling a motor while on highway or for less acceleration)
  • Plug and charge enabled on other networks (Chargepoint and EvGo)
Great stuff. I stored this away in Notes. Thanks for the formatting.

I couldn't agree with this list more. A heads up display should be standard on a car at this price point. However, I think Lucid needs to start with fixing what it has and making sure it works as designed. Not sure if the issues are due to bad software programing or lack of computing power, but the delays in buttons being pushed and functions working is driving me crazy!
Today Jeff Curry tweeted
Another #LucidAir software OTA inbound. Adding satellite maps and traffic layers with selectable settings - releasing starting this week. Just one of many enhancements planned for Lucid UX over coming weeks including dramatic boot time improvement. #EverBetter #DreamAhead

It didn’t come with my car. I reported to DA, and was told it was ran out. They will mail me for make up.
Like Peter Rawlinson said in the Qtr Rpt, “logistics”

Today Jeff Curry tweeted
Another #LucidAir software OTA inbound. Adding satellite maps and traffic layers with selectable settings - releasing starting this week. Just one of many enhancements planned for Lucid UX over coming weeks including dramatic boot time improvement. #EverBetter #DreamAhead

Awesome! I can't wait. By the sound of it will be a long download and install. Might be an overnight deal for me.

Today Jeff Curry tweeted

Anyone have it yet?

Feature Suggestion:

In About menu, please post history of OTA update versions with hyperlinks to each details description and release dates so users can have point of reference for milestones and improvements.

Feature Suggestion:

In About menu, please post history of OTA update versions with hyperlinks to each details description and release dates so users can have point of reference for milestones and improvements.
Just as mobile app has version history in App Store…
EC0676CE-1611-4A52-A706-4B9713186AD3.png

Feature Suggestion:

Navigation can support What-Three-Words location search.

I would really like to see a summons feature (similar to what Tesla has) to allow pulling in or out of a tight parking spot without having to be in the car to avoid door dings or back or neck spasms trying to get into the car

Feature suggestion:

Facial recognition entry to B pillar camera to master profile user.

It didn’t come with my car. I reported to DA, and was told it was ran out. They will mail me for make up.
Chip shortage and supply chain constraints seems to be impacting paper and printing also now……😂

Feature Suggestion:

Navigation can support What-Three-Words location search.

Mercedes bought What 3 Words I thought. It was in my car as part of MBUX. I did use it a couple times for when the navigation couldn't find the location I was looking for. But it's cumbersome because you have to look up the W3W name for that location on the W3W app then say "Hey Mercedes navigate to Klaatu Barata Nikto" or whatever.

Feature suggestion:

Facial recognition entry to B pillar camera to master profile user.

Neat idea. But if I have to lean down that far to get my car to see my face, eh. Not really ideal. Perhaps Lucid could do what Apple does with new iPads and use an ultra-wide camera there to see your face from a much wider angle?

But it’s the right idea, for sure. I want all my electronic devices to simply “recognize” me. Keys, fobs, passwords—all of that nonsense needs to die a quick death.

Neat idea. But if I have to lean down that far to get my car to see my face, eh. Not really ideal. Perhaps Lucid could do what Apple does with new iPads and use an ultra-wide camera there to see your face from a much wider angle?

But it’s the right idea, for sure. I want all my electronic devices to simply “recognize” me. Keys, fobs, passwords—all of that nonsense needs to die a quick death.
Eh, not so sure. We have fraternal twins who look very similar, and they can unlock each others ipads through facial recognition. Plus that's just more tech that can break, not work correctly, etc. Even proximity sensors are kind of annoying because of the various issues they create. I have a 2015 Honda Accord and when I walk up to it with my key in my pocket, I grab the handle and it unlocks as I pull the door open. Nothing weird or auto-sensing has to happen, it's never failed, and it doesn't accidentally make the car wake up unnecessarily.

I Turo a Polestar 2 to compare other EV,

This is good on list!

Feature Suggestion:

On the detail charge screen, have % of set charge indicator AND owner can set amperage for L2 charger and schedule.

C87AFE16-18F0-44E3-AB48-A06ED5B21955.jpeg

Another thing I found on Polestar 2, there is an app in there can calculate and approximate range based on driver style, climate control consumption. Polestar 2 user graphic interface in infotainment is really not as refined and good looking graphic as Air, but I do think that instantaneous energy consumption display is cool. I also have driven Tesla Model-S and saw good graphical representation in chart mode. I hope Air down the road can provide that feature so driver can have insight how their driving style is affecting their energy efficiency.

46A851CF-A21E-47F7-93DE-AFB6E003ECD6.jpeg

I was looking at this on the way in. The Home Screen really needs work. For starters why are there large HOME and WORK buttons??? Of any place we know how to get to these would be the ones. This space can be used for track information if audio source is playing. Also Home should have the right screen display what I have suggested and pilot panel should be map hybrid. Lastly, like many other systems the screen should time out from a call or text and go back to the screen you were previously using.

I was looking at this on the way in. The Home Screen really needs work. For starters why are there large HOME and WORK buttons??? Of any place we know how to get to these would be the ones. This space can be used for track information if audio source is playing. Also Home should have the right screen display what I have suggested and pilot panel should be map hybrid. Lastly, like many other systems the screen should time out from a call or text and go back to the screen you were previously using.
Great thing is Air has so much screen real estate. 34” 5k cockpit + pilot panel. That’s a lot of work space than everyone else other than MB EQS Hyperscreen. I’m sure in next 1-3 years more apps will come out to fill up those real estate.

I wish Lucid would give us the option of deleting the WORK button from the screen. Who needs a WORK address if they're retired?! Or, for those lucky few (not me), independently wealthy.

Back