Feedback/improvements for the Air!

Are EV’s vandalized more than ICE? News to me. I have owned 4 convertibles, my last 3 SL’s, and it is a well known fact you never leave them unattended with the roof down. I assume it may be some distorted form of jealousy or just folks being ass hats but people walking by have been known to throw cigarette butts, candy wrappers and soda water cans/cups into open convertibles.
EVs appear to be vandalized, especially Tesla. Apparently there are a lot of angry ICE drivers out there who see EV's as "liberal vehicles" so EVs are constantly getting keyed, spit on, etc. Welcome to 2022, I guess. Maybe these angry owners of ICE vehicles won't realize Lucid is electric.

EVs appear to be vandalized, especially Tesla. Apparently there are a lot of angry ICE drivers out there who see EV's as "liberal vehicles" so EVs are constantly getting keyed, spit on, etc. Welcome to 2022, I guess. Maybe these angry owners of ICE vehicles won't realize Lucid is electric.
You should be fine though because all of the angry conservatives from CA who are keying the liberal vehicles moved to AZ last year ;).

You should be fine though because all of the angry conservatives from CA who are keying the liberal vehicles moved to AZ last year ;).
🤣🤣🤣 I thought they were all moving to Idaho . You should see the looks I get when I’m in my manly Prius, mainly from dudes in jacked up trucks.

🤣🤣🤣 I thought they were all moving to Idaho . You should see the looks I get when I’m in my manly Prius, mainly from dudes in jacked up trucks.
I'm really curious about one thing - how much does it cost to jack up a regular pickup truck? Are the folks doing this rolling in money and they don't know what to do with it? Or, are they taking out a second mortgage to do that?

I'm really curious about one thing - how much does it cost to jack up a regular pickup truck? Are the folks doing this rolling in money and they don't know what to do with it? Or, are they taking out a second mortgage to do that?
Where I live, the jacked up truck is like a status symbol, along with other various other items like confederate flags. It’s almost like they have to be able to literally drive over any large object with ease.
I hear a lot of people here going ballistic about the price of EVs and how stupid people like me are for buying one , and then I see them get into their 90,000 dollar Ford Raptor . It’s quite amusing actually.
Thankfully, I don’t think anyone really knows what the Lucid is yet, so hopefully I’m safe.

No clue but it's a DIY job that you can buy parts for online.

This is a bit of a nitpick, but my GT only adjusts the profile settings (seat, mirrors, steering wheel position, etc.) once in the vehicle and you close the driver door. My wife is small enough where I can't get into the car with the car set to her profile. It would be great if it could adjust the seat when I open the driver door rather than closing it. As it stands now, I have to manually press my profile on the right console (while reaching over the steering wheel) so that the seat will move back far enough for me to get into the car.
It doesn't seem to work every time, but I created a separate profile for "easy exit"... seat is a bit lower and back. Before I get out of the car, I load that profile, and when I get back in later there is more clearance for my head. Once the car boots up my personal profile loads. Still figuring out why it works sometimes and some not, but we shall see.

I'm still working on not turning on the windshield wipers every time I use the directional, but it will come.

One thing I would love is that if you turn on the directional and it doesn't turn off after a gradual turn, being able to tap the stalk in the same direction to turn it off instead of tapping the opposite direction and you have the left-right-left-right, etc. dance. That should be an easy fix.

It doesn't seem to work every time, but I created a separate profile for "easy exit"... seat is a bit lower and back. Before I get out of the car, I load that profile, and when I get back in later there is more clearance for my head. Once the car boots up my personal profile loads. Still figuring out why it works sometimes and some not, but we shall see.

I'm still working on not turning on the windshield wipers every time I use the directional, but it will come.

One thing I would love is that if you turn on the directional and it doesn't turn off after a gradual turn, being able to tap the stalk in the same direction to turn it off instead of tapping the opposite direction and you have the left-right-left-right, etc. dance. That should be an easy fix.
For the turn stalk if you push it before it clicks, it will only signal 3 times and shut off afterwards. If you push it enough to click it, it takes a quarter turn in that direction to disable the signal.

For the turn stalk if you push it before it clicks, it will only signal 3 times and shut off afterwards. If you push it enough to click it, it takes a quarter turn in that direction to disable the signal.
I do use that partial push a lot, and really like it. I still just have not gotten used to the weight of the stalks, so if they don't go off automatically I always end up over- compensating and turning my directional on the other way. I know it was always easier in my other car that had the option of just pushing the directional down again in the same direction to turn it off, and you didn't have to fight it. Just something minor for my wish list.

Your solution for the "easy exit" merits some attention, and I will try it when I get back from my trip. Has nnyone else done this with success?

Feedback is great, but a consolidated list of improvements would be an easy place for Lucid to look for feedback.

• CarPlay
  • Android Auto
  • Charge scheduling
  • Dashcam ability
  • Sentry mode
  • Camera while driving ability
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • V2G, V2V, V2H charging capabilities
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Add bottom navigation and a side panel with Homelink buttons to the pilot panel Park/Camera screen
  • Hardwire USB data capabilities
  • Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Satellite radio, either integrated or as an application
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but it’s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Make the freaking cars in the UI match my car color. The car in the UI is a silver DE, which isn’t even possible
  • Navigation
    • Google earth map overlay
    • Slow to find destinations
    • Short interruptions in cell signal confuse or lock up system
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • Faster car startup
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once it’s dragged there
  • Auto high for headlights/adaptive lighting
  • Seats
    • Comfort access/easy in out
    • Passenger Seat Memory
    • Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
    • Customization of Unlock/Lock
    • Proximity lock - on/off
    • Unlock - Driver door/all doors
    • A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)
    • Comfort access (seat moves back for exit) This helps many drivers with exit and helps if drivers of significant height differences share the car.
  • Faster Loading for profile changes
  • Improved wireless charging dock
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • Use a combination of key proximity and rear camera/sensors to open the trunk Ala foot trunk/tailgate opening
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
  • Trunk opening with foot motion (boot kick)
  • Apple Car key
  • Park system/Camera
    • The cameras have a lag. The lag from reality to the screen inside the car is enough to be nauseating.
    • The graphics overlays cover the portions of the image you most need to see. The car is not represented on the screen accurately to where it is in the outside world. The audio alerts are annoying vs informative and often go to full tone when you are in fact not that close to anything.
    • The Park distance camera screen UI doesn’t even match up well with the rest of the UI in the car. Lower navigation panel is not there. The Autopark and Surround view links as well as the “x” and “mute” can be easily lost in the image.
  • charge points need to adjust / adapt based on current consumption rate and not just when the route is first planned. (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-gps-must-be-dynamic-regarding-range.1065/)
  • left hand display in addition to the current mileage/average mile/kWh must have a 5 mins running average mile/kWh (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-energy-usage-needs-a-5-min-average.1066/)
  • Valet Mode/Young driver mode to limit acceleration/top speed
  • Drive-in Movie Mode - Keep the climate on but have interior lights and exterior lights off when doors open
  • Ability to turn off running lights
  • Delay on regen braking when disengaging cruise control
  • Auto-precondition when destination is set as a charging station
  • Eco drive mode (disabling a motor while on highway or for less acceleration)
  • Plug and charge enabled on other networks (Chargepoint and EvGo)
In a different thread, we have brought forward a notion of beta testing. There seems to be plenty of folks willing to be guinea pigs, including myself when I get my order. I believe this would relieve some of the frustration around the software by providing transparency. Tesla does something similar, but the execution and education of certain components can be lacking in some regards. Other industries have used something like below to varying degrees of success.

The following for beta testing and software in general:
  • Put together a public program for existing owners and future owners (at delivery stage) to elect to be a: Beta Tester or Regular User
    • Document, publicize, and reach out to existing customers about the program (default to Regular User with no preference from customer)
  • Educate users on the differences via website and delivery experience with the following points:
    • Beta Testers get the latest and greatest updates before other users with potential software instability (bugs, glitches, crashes, etc.).
    • Regular Users receive delayed updates after beta users for software stability
  • Publish a tentative roadmap of software features and expected delivery (manage customer expectations with transparency)
  • Publish software update announcements to the website and notify customers via email, and/or text/phone call based on customer preference/selection
    • Issues around receiving software updates has caused grief for both customers and Lucid. This will provide additional channels of communication and help notify owners to ensure warranty obligations are met and updates promptly installed.

Your solution for the "easy exit" merits some attention, and I will try it when I get back from my trip. Has nnyone else done this with success?
haven't gotten my Air [back] yet .. does the Air not have an easy entry/exit setting?

This may have been mentioned before, but it would be great if when backing out of the garage, the garage door link stays accessible so that it can be closed. Right now, when you back out, both the dash and pilot panel show the surround cameras, which is great, but perhaps they can use a portion of the screen to close the garage door. Not a big problem, just a nuisance to have to close the camera view, press the button to bring up the garage links, and then press the link to close the garage door. Software user flow stuff...it should be just be a one button press.

This may have been mentioned before, but it would be great if when backing out of the garage, the garage door link stays accessible so that it can be closed. Right now, when you back out, both the dash and pilot panel show the surround cameras, which is great, but perhaps they can use a portion of the screen to close the garage door. Not a big problem, just a nuisance to have to close the camera view, press the button to bring up the garage links, and then press the link to close the garage door. Software user flow stuff...it should be just be a one button press.
Lucid software team is aware of that complaint and there will be UI change in the future update to rid that inconvenience.

Feedback is great, but a consolidated list of improvements would be an easy place for Lucid to look for feedback.

• CarPlay
  • Android Auto
  • Charge scheduling
  • Dashcam ability
  • Sentry mode
  • Camera while driving ability
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • V2G, V2V, V2H charging capabilities
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Add bottom navigation and a side panel with Homelink buttons to the pilot panel Park/Camera screen
  • Hardwire USB data capabilities
  • Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Satellite radio, either integrated or as an application
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but it’s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Make the freaking cars in the UI match my car color. The car in the UI is a silver DE, which isn’t even possible
  • Navigation
    • Google earth map overlay
    • Slow to find destinations
    • Short interruptions in cell signal confuse or lock up system
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • Faster car startup
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once it’s dragged there
  • Auto high for headlights/adaptive lighting
  • Seats
    • Comfort access/easy in out
    • Passenger Seat Memory
    • Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
    • Customization of Unlock/Lock
    • Proximity lock - on/off
    • Unlock - Driver door/all doors
    • A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)
    • Comfort access (seat moves back for exit) This helps many drivers with exit and helps if drivers of significant height differences share the car.
  • Faster Loading for profile changes
  • Improved wireless charging dock
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • Use a combination of key proximity and rear camera/sensors to open the trunk Ala foot trunk/tailgate opening
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
  • Trunk opening with foot motion (boot kick)
  • Apple Car key
  • Park system/Camera
    • The cameras have a lag. The lag from reality to the screen inside the car is enough to be nauseating.
    • The graphics overlays cover the portions of the image you most need to see. The car is not represented on the screen accurately to where it is in the outside world. The audio alerts are annoying vs informative and often go to full tone when you are in fact not that close to anything.
    • The Park distance camera screen UI doesn’t even match up well with the rest of the UI in the car. Lower navigation panel is not there. The Autopark and Surround view links as well as the “x” and “mute” can be easily lost in the image.
  • charge points need to adjust / adapt based on current consumption rate and not just when the route is first planned. (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-gps-must-be-dynamic-regarding-range.1065/)
  • left hand display in addition to the current mileage/average mile/kWh must have a 5 mins running average mile/kWh (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-energy-usage-needs-a-5-min-average.1066/)
  • Valet Mode/Young driver mode to limit acceleration/top speed
  • Drive-in Movie Mode - Keep the climate on but have interior lights and exterior lights off when doors open
  • Ability to turn off running lights
  • Delay on regen braking when disengaging cruise control
  • Auto-precondition when destination is set as a charging station
  • Eco drive mode (disabling a motor while on highway or for less acceleration)
  • Plug and charge enabled on other networks (Chargepoint and EvGo)
Great feedback and I vote for those as well.

They don’t, but I actually don’t find myself missing that feature with the backup and overview cams.

But it wouldn’t be hard to add and they should do it :p
Really, I thought they have it. This will be definitely needed.

Be careful what you Californians wish for.

Back