Feedback/improvements for the Air!

Please add “Auto Tilt Rear-view Mirrors down” option when reversing in future OTA.

Please add “Auto Tilt Rear-view Mirrors down” option when reversing in future OTA.

Would better rendering of the 360 view work instead? You can turn it and pinch and zoom it. I've scraped more front wheels than I've ever any rear.

Would better rendering of the 360 view work instead? You can turn it and pinch and zoom it. I've scraped more front wheels than I've ever any rear.
Reverse gear turning on 360 view is already there. Having mirrors tilt down may watch what is underneath the car that is on the path of tires that 360 may not catch. Such as my cats and kittens roaming free in garage.

And it’s optional switch in settings. Owner can toggle on/off for tilt mirror per individual preference.

And it’s optional switch in settings. Owner can toggle on/off for tilt mirror per individual preference.
I'm trying to find it and I can't. Where is the mirror tilting feature hidden?

I just went back to review the list, and I honestly think there is one critical "ask" missing which should be at the absolute top of the list:

Interior, simple reboot option(s): hard and soft

Feedback is great, but a consolidated list of improvements would be an easy place for Lucid to look for feedback.

• CarPlay
  • Android Auto
  • Charge scheduling
  • Dashcam ability
  • Sentry mode
  • Camera while driving ability
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • V2G, V2V, V2H charging capabilities
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Add bottom navigation and a side panel with Homelink buttons to the pilot panel Park/Camera screen
  • Hardwire USB data capabilities
  • Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Satellite radio, either integrated or as an application
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but it’s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Make the freaking cars in the UI match my car color. The car in the UI is a silver DE, which isn’t even possible
  • Navigation
    • Google earth map overlay
    • Slow to find destinations
    • Short interruptions in cell signal confuse or lock up system
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • Faster car startup
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once it’s dragged there
  • Auto high for headlights/adaptive lighting
  • Seats
    • Comfort access/easy in out
    • Passenger Seat Memory
    • Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
    • Customization of Unlock/Lock
    • Proximity lock - on/off
    • Unlock - Driver door/all doors
    • A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)
    • Comfort access (seat moves back for exit) This helps many drivers with exit and helps if drivers of significant height differences share the car.
  • Faster Loading for profile changes
  • Improved wireless charging dock
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • Use a combination of key proximity and rear camera/sensors to open the trunk Ala foot trunk/tailgate opening
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
  • Trunk opening with foot motion (boot kick)
  • Apple Car key
  • Park system/Camera
    • The cameras have a lag. The lag from reality to the screen inside the car is enough to be nauseating.
    • The graphics overlays cover the portions of the image you most need to see. The car is not represented on the screen accurately to where it is in the outside world. The audio alerts are annoying vs informative and often go to full tone when you are in fact not that close to anything.
    • The Park distance camera screen UI doesn’t even match up well with the rest of the UI in the car. Lower navigation panel is not there. The Autopark and Surround view links as well as the “x” and “mute” can be easily lost in the image.
  • charge points need to adjust / adapt based on current consumption rate and not just when the route is first planned. (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-gps-must-be-dynamic-regarding-range.1065/)
  • left hand display in addition to the current mileage/average mile/kWh must have a 5 mins running average mile/kWh (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-energy-usage-needs-a-5-min-average.1066/)
  • Valet Mode/Young driver mode to limit acceleration/top speed
  • Drive-in Movie Mode - Keep the climate on but have interior lights and exterior lights off when doors open
  • Ability to turn off running lights
  • Delay on regen braking when disengaging cruise control
  • Auto-precondition when destination is set as a charging station
  • Eco drive mode (disabling a motor while on highway or for less acceleration)
  • Ability to view both soc% and estimated mileage remaining
  • Plug and charge enabled on other networks (Chargepoint and EvGo)
This is quite a list. I was looking at a smaller fish to fry that is Alexa/siri/google Commands. Did I mis a seperate forum? Anyway my car has been f=great I just wish I didn't have to reach around so much while driving. Alexa can you help me with these verbal commands?
Verbal requests

Alexa “open map/navigation” – to bring up maps with no route planned.

Alexa “open music”- to bring up music options without having to reach over for Icon button

Alexa clear screen - to clear dialog boxes home/work/profile from upper dash

And maybe
Alexa “pilot music “or “music to pilot”. – to open music choices solely on the pilot panel
Alexa “pilot navigation” or “navigation to pilot “ - to open map solely on the pilot panel

Also consider
Alexa “lower screen shades”
Alexa “open charge port”

Reverse gear turning on 360 view is already there. Having mirrors tilt down may watch what is underneath the car that is on the path of tires that 360 may not catch. Such as my cats and kittens roaming free in garage.

As long as they make it optional. Sure. I personally hate the auto-tilt down. I pull out of a lot of parallel parking spaces, and I hate when I reverse, look over at my driver’s side mirror to see if there’s any oncoming traffic, and see the street below me instead.

It’s the one view the cameras don’t provide, and it’s critical.

As long as they make it optional. Sure. I personally hate the auto-tilt down. I pull out of a lot of parallel parking spaces, and I hate when I reverse, look over at my driver’s side mirror to see if there’s any oncoming traffic, and see the street below me instead.

Yeah, I can relate. That is one thing I don’t like Polestar 2 auto mirror tilting. But my wife loves it bc she is always afraid driving over our cats.

I'm trying to find it and I can't. Where is the mirror tilting feature hidden?
Not there. This is feature request thread. I asked to add that optional feature for drivers.

Not there. This is feature request thread. I asked to add that optional feature for drivers.
Apologies, didn't have my morning coffee at the time of posting yet :)

Put a command on physical key fob and mobile app to roll down/up all windows.

Is it true that just like the Tesla, we only get LTE free for the first year or something like that?
For Tesla we have live time LTE (Standard connectivity) but the premium with higher bandwidth is not ($9/year).

Agreed. Optional if at all. The 360° really works for me well.

While we are at it, I’d like to add a 4th category to the trip info that can be displayed at the left of the speedometer. Currently we have Trip A, Trip B, and Since Last Charge. I’d like to have “since start,” or similar, that shows the current trip. I understand that I can reset one of the odometers anytime but that’s a few menus deep.

Tidal Music app - “Lyric” button on right cockpit screen

Then display lyrics on pilot screen and rear row screen for sing-along.

This is for further down the road…

Add adult classic games apps to kill time. (Unlike Tesla kiddy arcades)

- Chess
- Checker
- Mahjong Tiles
- Solitaire
- Scrabble
etc… etc

- ABRP app
- PlugShare app

But may not be necessary when CarPlay and AndroidAuto arrives.

- Car open WiFi hotspot for passenger devices that have no cellular capability.

Last edited:
Back