Enhancement request: energy usage needs a 5 min average

Bbq9

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Requirement: left hand display in addition to the current mileage/average mile/kWh must have a 5 mins running average mile/kWh

Description:
A short-term average (somewhere between say one minute or five minute) figure provides the driver with feedback on how the traffic/ road / weather conditions and driving style is impacting range. The main display is very real time and without scale or history so only provides a real time feel of economy without history or indication of impact on range.

I am not requesting the center display has a scale. That is a COULD have function (MoSCoW rules)

Context:
Having done two 750 mile road trips - both on one shot - I found myself constantly calculating my miles per kWh or miles per %soc - I enjoyed this (nobody else in my car would have) and it kept me focused and awake.
The running average allowed me to adapt my charging strategy dynamically and pick different charging options accordingly to weather or driving style impact.
On the way to Scottsdale this worked great. On the way back rather alarmingly it did not.

@Firstto520

Requirement: left hand display in addition to the current mileage/average mile/kWh must have a 5 mins running average mile/kWh

Description:
A short-term average (somewhere between say one minute or five minute) figure provides the driver with feedback on how the traffic/ road / weather conditions and driving style is impacting range. The main display is very real time and without scale or history so only provides a real time feel of economy without history or indication of impact on range.

I am not requesting the center display has a scale. That is a COULD have function (MoSCoW rules)

Context:
Having done two 750 mile road trips - both on one shot - I found myself constantly calculating my miles per kWh or miles per %soc - I enjoyed this (nobody else in my car would have) and it kept me focused and awake.
The running average allowed me to adapt my charging strategy dynamically and pick different charging options accordingly to weather or driving style impact.
On the way to Scottsdale this worked great. On the way back rather alarmingly it did not.

@Firstto520

Agree with this suggestion and feel really bad for your experience. Nothing like a 2am dose of aggravation. For my trip from Florida to CT next month, I’ve used ABRP and Lucid app and have figured out every EA station (and a few others) on the route, just in case.

My truck can show average fuel economy over last 25 or 50 or 450 miles and show instantaneous at the same time. Would be great if in addition to the since last charge you could see miles per kWh over the last 5,10, 25, 50, or 100 Miles. Also a real time instantaneous.

Agree with this suggestion and feel really bad for your experience. Nothing like a 2am dose of aggravation. For my trip from Florida to CT next month, I’ve used ABRP and Lucid app and have figured out every EA station (and a few others) on the route, just in case.
v sensible. It didn’t help that as I set off GPS wasn’t working until a reboot

my learning (first EV) is wind really impacted the range (more than I expected) so pleased to hear you have added a few others to your list. Of course this is where I want a different enhancement request to be able to manage the gps destinations better

Description:

Context:

@Firstto520
I am guessing you have a software development background. I am wondering if this forum can create a central repo of similar user stories/requirements where we can vote on priorities. A single list may be of more convenience/use to Lucid devs monitoring this forum.

This helps prioritise ... a LOT :)

but there was reason for my format in it helps define the requirement and provide the context to make the definition useful.
Can your posts be moved under the survey as separate conversations to keep everything together?

Back