Feedback/improvements for the Air!

I'll be shocked if we don't see a completely rethought cupholder / charging center console when Gravity is revealed. And then hopefully some form of that redesign will make its way to the next iteration of the Air.
Agreed. If they came up w/ a replacement console that "works better" (e.g. wireless charging pad, larger cup-holders) I'd probably buy it (as long as they'd install it ;))

I'll be shocked if we don't see a completely rethought cupholder / charging center console when Gravity is revealed. And then hopefully some form of that redesign will make its way to the next iteration of the Air.
Let’s all vote for a recall😲✌️

I don’t know if this do-able.

- Rear screen can play video streaming apps.

- Virtual Piano in pilot screen for all 3 orientations (driver, front passenger, rear passenger). Good for idle time at charging station.
BBCB738A-2C82-4F39-802D-6DB6AA72841E.jpeg

I don’t know if this do-able.

- Rear screen can play video streaming apps.
Why? Every kid has a tablet, or an iPhone/smartphone in front of them.

Just adding my opinions (sourced from the OP) here as another voice.
Using asterisks for personally extra important features.
  • ***I'm really interested in dashcam ability and sentry mode. Dashcam is a bigger deal for sure but sentry mode shouldn't be much more of a lift. I use a regular dashcam so having one (several, really) integrated (like Tesla) would be ideal.
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • *V2G, V2V, V2H charging capabilities
  • **Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • **Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but it’s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Navigation
    • Google earth map overlay
    • Slow to find destinations
    • Short interruptions in cell signal confuse or lock up system
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • *Faster car startup
  • Auto high for headlights/adaptive lighting
  • *Seats
    • Comfort access/easy in out
    • Passenger Seat Memory
    • ***Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • ***Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
    • Customization of Unlock/Lock
    • Proximity lock - on/off
    • Unlock - Driver door/all doors
    • A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)
    • Comfort access (seat moves back for exit) This helps many drivers with exit and helps if drivers of significant height differences share the car.
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • *Park system/Camera
    • The cameras have a lag. The lag from reality to the screen inside the car is enough to be nauseating.
    • The graphics overlays cover the portions of the image you most need to see. The car is not represented on the screen accurately to where it is in the outside world. The audio alerts are annoying vs informative and often go to full tone when you are in fact not that close to anything.
    • The Park distance camera screen UI doesn’t even match up well with the rest of the UI in the car. Lower navigation panel is not there. The Autopark and Surround view links as well as the “x” and “mute” can be easily lost in the image.
  • ***charge points need to adjust / adapt based on current consumption rate and not just when the route is first planned. (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-gps-must-be-dynamic-regarding-range.1065/)
  • *left hand display in addition to the current mileage/average mile/kWh must have a 5 mins running average mile/kWh (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-energy-usage-needs-a-5-min-average.1066/)
  • *Valet Mode/Young driver mode to limit acceleration/top speed
  • *Delay on regen braking when disengaging cruise control
  • Auto-precondition when destination is set as a charging station
  • *Eco drive mode (disabling a motor while on highway or for less acceleration)
  • *Ability to view both soc% and estimated mileage remaining
  • Plug and charge enabled on other networks (Chargepoint and EvGo)

This is a fairly decent list, and fortunately many of these issues have been addressed in 2.0. It feels like Lucid has done a great job of working through “must haves” and now gets to address “nice to haves.” Even CarPlay sounds like a done deal and is just waiting on Apple, so it’s not a Lucid issue.

What do you think we will see next after all the major 2.0 bugs are quashed?

This is a fairly decent list, and fortunately many of these issues have been addressed in 2.0. It feels like Lucid has done a great job of working through “must haves” and now gets to address “nice to haves.” Even CarPlay sounds like a done deal and is just waiting on Apple, so it’s not a Lucid issue.

What do you think we will see next after all the major 2.0 bugs are quashed?
Well, unfortunately I don't have my car yet and haven't paid super close attention to all the details in 2.0, but I know there are a few things on my list that are not in 2.0, namely dashcam and Sentry mode.

I'd have to defer to other people to narrow the list (probably OP's original list) to see where we're at now.

Well, unfortunately I don't have my car yet and haven't paid super close attention to all the details in 2.0, but I know there are a few things on my list that are not in 2.0, namely dashcam and Sentry mode.

I'd have to defer to other people to narrow the list (probably OP's original list) to see where we're at now.

Your knowledge of the car is super impressive considering you don’t even own one! Wow!

I agree on dog and dashcam and sentry mode. My personal priorities but not everyone has a dog or my sense of paranoia.

Your knowledge of the car is super impressive considering you don’t even own one! Wow!

I agree on dog and dashcam and sentry mode. My personal priorities but not everyone has a dog or my sense of paranoia.
Haha thanks! My list was simply a narrowed down list of OP's, though, so I can't take too much credit. I'd like to think adding those three things shouldn't be super difficult, especially dog and dashcam. The cameras are always on anyway, so why not have a few of them record in a loop onto a flash drive? (Yea, there's probably a little more to it than that, but I'd still like to think it'd be easier to implement than many of the other features.)

We have access to front dash cam and rear cam while in 360 mode.

- Have Snapshot picture button on cockpit right screen and have picture album for those shots. (Might be able to capture any criminal activity or something interesting)

Currently only have (+) (-) for camera zooming on that screen.

We have access to front dash cam and rear cam while in 360 mode.

- Have Snapshot picture button on cockpit right screen and have picture album for those shots. (Might be able to capture any criminal activity or something interesting)

Currently only have (+) (-) for camera zooming on that screen.
The 360 mode is only available in DreamDrive Pro and what you mentioned is still far inferior to Tesla's dashcam and Sentry Mode.

"Work" and "Home" are the same for me, been working from home for over 10 years. I wish they would let you remove it as well.
Same for me. It would be nice if these can become configurable “favorites” that either show up or not.

Same for me. It would be nice if these can become configurable “favorites” that either show up or not.
There’s no law that says you can’t make those two whatever you want. You just can’t change the icons.

Home - bar near my house
Work - bar near my work

Problem solved!

The 360 mode is only available in DreamDrive Pro and what you mentioned is still far inferior to Tesla's dashcam and Sentry Mode.
Not suggesting Sentry Mode, already suggested that. Just suggested can take snapshot in native front and rear cameras.

Now that we have 2.0.24, I have a few thoughts:

Having turn-by-turn directions on the center-right panel of the Glass Cockpit is an improvement, however I would like to have options for the center-left and center right panes, as I do in my MS. Options being:
Trip meters
Current song
Turn-by-turn directions
Energy graph
….

Also, I would like to see the four app buttons (home, nav, music, phone) on the Pilot Panel as well as the Glass Cockpit, so that I can individually select apps for each display

Finally, I am probably in the minority, but I preferred the Glass Cockpit app buttons on the far right. I think they look weird on the left, and there is a large unused area which is wasted. It would be nice if users can chose the location of those buttons.

Bottom line: the displays should be more customizable and saved in the driver’s profile.

Back