Feedback/improvements for the Air!

After 8 days of continuous highway driving of 5 to 8 hours I'll make the following observations suggestions. Some may have already been mentioned.

There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with the car mechanically, design, hardware, drives incredibly, extremely comfortable, highly commendable! Don't touch a thing!

Software fixes:

1. Boot up is way too slow
2. Navigation. Needs better call out, which side of the road destination is on and a warning about 500 ft. Need to be able to continue journey automatically. Top map tilt needs to be at angle can see 2.5 miles ahead. When selecting default pilot panel 2D track up view, needs to be zoomed out 5 to 10 miles. System needs better functionality when there is no cell signal. System needs to switch between online and offline maps automatically.

Map

It would be nice for map on pilot panel to show chargers the way app on phone does.
Need some zoom level presets, car kept telling me to keep eye on the road while trying to zoom to level I needed at the time.
Can we get some city names?

3. Audio. Volume needs a numerical scale. Volume also needs to be speed sensitive. Must allow hard wired connection. Must be able to display music track and navigation at the same time.

4. Adaptive cruise, speed turns red too soon. LOL. Most state police will give you 10!

5. Need to be able to control whether frunk or trunk opens with remote.

Thanks!
I want to add a +1 to number 3 above (speed sensitive audio volume). This is a standard feature on luxury cars, and very important to me. I hate having to turn the music up and down all the time. Can this be added to the master list please?

I want to add a +1 to number 3 above (speed sensitive audio volume). This is a standard feature on luxury cars, and very important to me. I hate having to turn the music up and down all the time. Can this be added to the master list please?
I honestly don't know if this is entirely necessary given the low NVH, but could definitely see why some people would request this feature!

I honestly don't know if this is entirely necessary given the low NVH, but could definitely see why some people would request this feature!
Surely it’s a quiet car but I also find myself adjusting the volume based on speed and road noise.

Lol, this is not just a standard feature on luxury vehicles. My 2013 Nissan Versa (at the time, the base version of the Versa was the cheapest car one could buy in the US) had speed sensing volume.

Surely it’s a quiet car but I also find myself adjusting the volume based on speed and road noise.
I've had this feature on every luxury and every base model car I've had this century, haven't found it ever works as well as I'd like. I'm often adjusting the audio volume as I drive for many reasons, including ambient noise but also conversation with others in the car or just what I'm listening to. If I were given a hundred voting points to spread out over various feature requests, I'd not spend any on this one. There are too many other things I'd value more.

I've had this feature on every luxury and every base model car I've had this century, haven't found it ever works as well as I'd like. I'm often adjusting the audio volume as I drive for many reasons, including ambient noise but also conversation with others in the car or just what I'm listening to. If I were given a hundred voting points to spread out over various feature requests, I'd not spend any on this one. There are too many other things I'd value more.
Given that volume is one of the few things you can adjust without even taking your hands off the wheel, I’d tend to agree. Also, I just like to control the volume myself, for the same reason. Circumstances often require minor adjustments on a regular basis, anyway.

If it were a setting, and I’d be all for offering it as a setting for those who want this, I’d definitely turn it off.

My 2014 Toyota Tundra, a work truck, has this feature.

Wow, I had no idea this would end up being such a controversial feature request! My guess is that if we were to rank features, there would be a broad range of opinions on all of them. There are items on the list that matter little to me too. Perhaps, to help the development team at Lucid, it would be helpful if there were some kind of survey. Perhaps we can all pick our “top 10” and use the score tally to create a priority list.

I want my Lucid to serve latte 5 times a week 4:00am, Saturday 7:00am and Sunday 8:35am. Is that too much to ask?
Every other manufacturer is set up to do it.

get rid of the electric lock on the glove box and put a non-locking mechanical latch so service people can get to the bad module.

whilst you are at it ... get rid of all the locks: locks only keep owners out...anyone who doesn't care about the car can get in quicker than any owner can.

the biggest hassle I've had with this car, and no other car, is the locks. all of them.

also, I would like to have a car that has no lights at all when I'm walking away....no modern car seems to be capable of " OFF ".
I just spent 15 minutes pressing the START button on my son's bmw trying to turn it off. All it seems to do is turn on different lights.

or if you must have all the dash lights and headlights on all the time, how about one light on the dash that confirms the owner tried to turn the car off so not responsible if the battery is dead next morning.

or how about a voice that assures you as you walk away: "I know the headlights are on, and all the dash lights, and the radio and nav...but don't worry...we won't turn them off when you are still present. Just go to bed and dream of mechanical switches."

hey... would it be OK to put a kill switch on that emergency responders cut loop ?

get rid of the electric lock on the glove box and put a non-locking mechanical latch so service people can get to the bad module.

whilst you are at it ... get rid of all the locks: locks only keep owners out...anyone who doesn't care about the car can get in quicker than any owner can.

the biggest hassle I've had with this car, and no other car, is the locks. all of them.

also, I would like to have a car that has no lights at all when I'm walking away....no modern car seems to be capable of " OFF ".
I just spent 15 minutes pressing the START button on my son's bmw trying to turn it off. All it seems to do is turn on different lights.

or if you must have all the dash lights and headlights on all the time, how about one light on the dash that confirms the owner tried to turn the car off so not responsible if the battery is dead next morning.

or how about a voice that assures you as you walk away: "I know the headlights are on, and all the dash lights, and the radio and nav...but don't worry...we won't turn them off when you are still present. Just go to bed and dream of mechanical switches."

hey... would it be OK to put a kill switch on that emergency responders cut loop ?
Push the door handle in as you walk away.

Most excellent.

Doesn't the distracted driver warning look at your eye position? If you have glasses on, it appears that it can't find your eyes so that you always "seem" distracted. Just a guess
It happens, glasses on or off and I’ve tried setting up profiles with and without glasses. So, I’ve just turned it off.

On a lighter note, how about adding some easter eggs, ala Tesla. I really like the Model X Christmas mode with music and light show

On a lighter note, how about adding some easter eggs, ala Tesla. I really like the Model X Christmas mode with music and light show
I actually thought Rivian’s Halloween mode was very cool.

Please no more gimmicks

I want my Lucid to serve latte 5 times a week 4:00am, Saturday 7:00am and Sunday 8:35am. Is that too much to ask?
Every other manufacturer is set up to do it.
If my car starts honking the horn at 4am to let me know my latte is ready I blame you. 😁

Back