Feedback/improvements for the Air!

I noticed on my test drive today at the Galleria in Roseville, CA that the rear window is not entirely visible through the rearview mirror. I got used to regenerative braking pretty quickly. I am still excited from my drive, and can't wait to get my Pure in 2023-2025.
I’m actually surprised that a car with this level of tech does not have a rearview screen with a camera instead of a simple mirror.

I’m actually surprised that a car with this level of tech does not have a rearview screen with a camera instead of a simple mirror.
The C8 Corvette has that and it's great but you have to get used to cars being closer than they look on the screen. Also, with my classes on the focal length is to the screen not to the cars behind so an adjustment.

It is very nice to see everything behind without any obstructions. It would be a nice addition to future models along with a good HUD.

Feedback is great, but a consolidated list of improvements would be an easy place for Lucid to look for feedback.

• CarPlay
  • Android Auto
  • Charge scheduling
  • Dashcam ability
  • Sentry mode
  • Camera while driving ability
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • V2G, V2V, V2H charging capabilities
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Add bottom navigation and a side panel with Homelink buttons to the pilot panel Park/Camera screen
  • Hardwire USB data capabilities
  • Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Satellite radio, either integrated or as an application
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but it’s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Make the freaking cars in the UI match my car color. The car in the UI is a silver DE, which isn’t even possible
  • Navigation
    • Google earth map overlay
    • Slow to find destinations
    • Short interruptions in cell signal confuse or lock up system
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • Faster car startup
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once it’s dragged there
  • Auto high for headlights/adaptive lighting
  • Seats
    • Comfort access/easy in out
    • Passenger Seat Memory
    • Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
    • Customization of Unlock/Lock
    • Proximity lock - on/off
    • Unlock - Driver door/all doors
    • A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)
    • Comfort access (seat moves back for exit) This helps many drivers with exit and helps if drivers of significant height differences share the car.
  • Faster Loading for profile changes
  • Improved wireless charging dock
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • Use a combination of key proximity and rear camera/sensors to open the trunk Ala foot trunk/tailgate opening
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
  • Trunk opening with foot motion (boot kick)
  • Apple Car key
  • Park system/Camera
    • The cameras have a lag. The lag from reality to the screen inside the car is enough to be nauseating.
    • The graphics overlays cover the portions of the image you most need to see. The car is not represented on the screen accurately to where it is in the outside world. The audio alerts are annoying vs informative and often go to full tone when you are in fact not that close to anything.
    • The Park distance camera screen UI doesn’t even match up well with the rest of the UI in the car. Lower navigation panel is not there. The Autopark and Surround view links as well as the “x” and “mute” can be easily lost in the image.
  • charge points need to adjust / adapt based on current consumption rate and not just when the route is first planned. (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-gps-must-be-dynamic-regarding-range.1065/)
  • left hand display in addition to the current mileage/average mile/kWh must have a 5 mins running average mile/kWh (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-energy-usage-needs-a-5-min-average.1066/)
  • Valet Mode/Young driver mode to limit acceleration/top speed
  • Drive-in Movie Mode - Keep the climate on but have interior lights and exterior lights off when doors open
  • Ability to turn off running lights
  • Delay on regen braking when disengaging cruise control
  • Auto-precondition when destination is set as a charging station
  • Eco drive mode (disabling a motor while on highway or for less acceleration)
  • Plug and charge enabled on other networks (Chargepoint and EvGo)
You may have included these but if not add to list:
when car unlocks to a different profile, the profile settings ...seat, wheel, etc. ... should adjust immediately when door is opened.
provide setting for doors to automatically unlock when car is put in park.
provide ability to search for POI at a specific location
provide ability to sort prior destinations alphabetically and to delete those no longer needed

You may have included these but if not add to list:
when car unlocks to a different profile, the profile settings ...seat, wheel, etc. ... should adjust immediately when door is opened.
Right now there is facial recognition to load profile based on scammed face behind the wheel which make most sense.

Right now there is facial recognition to load profile based on scammed face behind the wheel which make most sense.
I’d argue it doesn’t make sense, as the seat and steering wheel won’t move until you sit down. If the seat is set for a much shorter person, sitting down so your face can be recognized is not possible.

I’d argue it doesn’t make sense, as the seat and steering wheel won’t move until you sit down. If the seat is set for a much shorter person, sitting down so your face can be recognized is not possible.
Well, maybe needed both. Let’s say my mom click the fob to let me in to drive out. Once I get in driver side and sit down, steering wheel column position, rear view mirrors and fan speed should be based on my facial recognition rather triggered by her fob.

Each fob is unique ID.

Yes. I love that the facial recognition is there. As a backup. But the fob / phone key adjusting as well is essential for me.

The mobile key and key fob are tied to a profile also. Only problem is the profile is one of the last things to load...which is why it doesn't adjust right away

After looking, there needs to be a way to save destinations for reuse. Not just recent searches, home and work.

Which reminds me, I need to go to local police department and set as "home."

I don't know if you are kidding, but you can set the home address by actually inputing an address.

No I'm actually serious. I've had a few law enforcement officers as patients and they all recommended not using your actual home address but a public place. If someone steals your car, now they also have your garage door opener. Worse car scenario you are held at gunpoint and told to go "home."

i really think Lucid needs to download the owner's manual to the car. It seems like they are fetched over network every time you try to open it (i'm assuming this because of how long it takes to open it). i don't want to be stuck in a no network area and try to open the manual because i want to swap tires or figure out the towing 'rules'.

i really think Lucid needs to download the owner's manual to the car. It seems like they are fetched over network every time you try to open it (i'm assuming this because of how long it takes to open it). i don't want to be stuck in a no network area and try to open the manual because i want to swap tires or figure out the towing 'rules'.
Those very important items are in the paper manual in the glovebox as well.

The e-manual has a lot more info, but all the important stuff is in the abridged paper manual.

Those very important items are in the paper manual in the glovebox as well.

The e-manual has a lot more info, but all the important stuff is in the abridged paper manual.
I'll admit that I haven't opened the paper manual 😂

I couldn't agree with this list more. A heads up display should be standard on a car at this price point. However, I think Lucid needs to start with fixing what it has and making sure it works as designed. Not sure if the issues are due to bad software programing or lack of computing power, but the delays in buttons being pushed and functions working is driving me crazy!

Software suggestion!

Put a toggle switch to turn off blade light, not just head light, or same switch with 2 toggle levels on left cockpit panel.

Today my passenger wanted to read user manual. It took so long to load up which is bad design wasting data bandwidth. What if owner needs road side assistance have to look up reference info?

I understand User Manual can be expanding as OTA updates continues. It’s just simple HTML and XML data. Please store them locally like the Navigation offline map please!
56EBE94E-AFD4-48B4-9FB7-6314D5C36648.jpeg

Attachments

• 38A0B9B2-B01A-4046-AD8D-3E662CBC924D.jpeg
    38A0B9B2-B01A-4046-AD8D-3E662CBC924D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Today my passenger wanted to read user manual. It took so long to load up which is bad design wasting data bandwidth. What if owner needs road side assistance have to look up reference info?

I understand User Manual can be expanding as OTA updates continues. It’s just simple HTML and XML data. Please store them locally like the Navigation offline map please!
View attachment 4237
In a pinch, use the abridged paper manual in the glovebox.

In a pinch, use the abridged paper manual in the glovebox.
It didn’t come with my car. I reported to DA, and was told it was ran out. They will mail me for make up.

Back