Feedback/improvements for the Air!

It is pobably in here but I don't see it: a secure but easier and faster way to reboot the car. I don't want to get out and turn it off. Something like a three finger salute.

If there are interior motion detectors in the AGT, as in my allroad, with an easy way to disable them when leaving the dog in the car with the temperature in "dog mode" and the doors are locked. I gather that there is no dog mode, but the interior temperature can be set to run for 45 minutes. Seems like a relatively easy OTA adjustment, although the on/off interior sensor button is on the driver's door in the allroad so on/off in the Air will have to be with a different control or screen command.

If there are interior motion detectors in the AGT, as in my allroad, with an easy way to disable them when leaving the dog in the car with the temperature in "dog mode" and the doors are locked. I gather that there is no dog mode, but the interior temperature can be set to run for 45 minutes. Seems like a relatively easy OTA adjustment, although the on/off interior sensor button is on the driver's door in the allroad so on/off in the Air will have to be with a different control or screen command.
There is already cabin temperature control when you leave car.

Is there an interior motion sensor that can be disabled? Is there dog mode?

Is there an interior motion sensor that can be disabled? Is there dog mode?
Only facial recognition sensor around dashboard to load driver profile setting and check driver for drowsiness safety. I’m sure then can use it as motion sensor later, but the software half asleep while parked will incur vampire drain.

There is no dog mode.

There are weight sensors in all seats to notify seat belt fastening.

Only facial recognition sensor around dashboard to load driver profile setting and check driver for drowsiness safety. I’m sure then can use it as motion sensor later, but the software half asleep while parked will incur vampire drain.

There is no dog mode.

There are weight sensors in all seats to notify seat belt fastening.
You can create your own dog mode by hanging up a sign, but at least the climate will hold. Someone on the forum made a sign...

Is that different from the 45 minute control or are you referring to it. I had a hard time making it hold. Maybe there is a trick. I had to go in and out of that menu a couple of times every single time until it leaves that button lit.

Is that different from the 45 minute control or are you referring to it. I had a hard time making it hold. Maybe there is a trick. I had to go in and out of that menu a couple of times every single time until it leaves that button lit.
The button on means it's holding. If you adjust ANY climate settings it will disable it. Just turn it on and leave.

The button on means it's holding. If you adjust ANY climate settings it will disable it. Just turn it on and leave.
When I press the button it takes me to the next screen where the setup is. It does that every time I press that button. Then I have to X out of that screen and press the button again for it to engage and some times I have to do it 3 times.

I did press it just once and left one time and it never turned ON. Must be user error of some kind. Will ask them when they deliver the Car.

When I press the button it takes me to the next screen where the setup is. It does that every time I press that button. Then I have to X out of that screen and press the button again for it to engage and some times I have to do it 3 times.

I did press it just once and left one time and it never turned ON. Must be user error of some kind. Will ask them when they deliver the Car.
You push it, it takes you to a screen with info, you hit ok and it's set.

You push it, it takes you to a screen with info, you hit ok and it's set.
It should but it does not. As you know the button turns golden when engaged. It does not do this the first time for me. That is what I am saying. I have to keep doing the two steps at least twice so not sure what I am doing wrong or another issue. Thanks.

It should but it does not. As you know the button turns golden when engaged. It does not do this the first time for me. That is what I am saying. I have to keep doing the two steps at least twice so not sure what I am doing wrong or another issue. Thanks.
Wait, are we referring to the app or inside the car just so we are on the same page?

I may have seen this request before; I'd really like an option for the side mirrors to tilt down and in when reversing. Cameras are great for the rear view, but nothing gives as clear a view of the relationship to the sides of the car as the mirrors. My Volvo has this feature, and using them I can consistently back into or parallel park a spot within ±2 in. of the lines.

REMOTE ACTIVATION BUTTON thru app

Since this car does not have “start” button, the cold start is done by stepping on brake then wait for all screens to light up. Let user do that part in advance before getting into the car can solve that issue for people say wait is too long.

SLEEP (DEACTIVATION) BUTTON thru app

Conversely, a force sleep instead of letting car figure out if someone or fob is in proximity to shut down and/or BMS determine from time to take care of battery life. Just apply a force deep sleep to reduce “phantom drain”.

I agree with many of the improvements noted above, but to me the greatest overall need is the very slow speed of ALL computer actions and apps. The time it takes to sync with my current model iPhone, the time it takes to wake up screen graphics and apps, etc. i feel like i’m dealing with an 8086 computer. I own a software engineering company, and we wouldn’t dare deliver a consumer app with these overall lag times. Upgrading the computer hardware is too major at this point, but refactoring — or entirely rewriting — the software is possible and needed. No. 1 priority would be security. No. 2 would be speed.

I agree with many of the improvements noted above, but to me the greatest overall need is the very slow speed of ALL computer actions and apps. The time it takes to sync with my current model iPhone, the time it takes to wake up screen graphics and apps, etc. i feel like i’m dealing with an 8086 computer. I own a software engineering company, and we wouldn’t dare deliver a consumer app with these overall lag times. Upgrading the computer hardware is too major at this point, but refactoring — or entirely rewriting — the software is possible and needed. No. 1 priority would be security. No. 2 would be speed.
But remember. According to the car configurator, the navigation and UI are free features.😳

Please oh please oh please, fix the audio/music cutting out... . It is literally impossible to get in the car and just have Tidal play without dropping out the audio, stop working, play a few minutes and drop the sound. Every time, I get in the car, it is a fight with the music system.

Please oh please oh please, fix the audio/music cutting out... . It is literally impossible to get in the car and just have Tidal play without dropping out the audio, stop working, play a few minutes and drop the sound. Every time, I get in the car, it is a fight with the music system.
If you just use Spotify it's a lot better. I don't think that Tidal's implementation in the car is optimized to handle the increased demand for hifi bandwidth.

Back