Feedback/improvements for the Air!

Oh...so Lucid programmed in a lag in order to train me to change lanes the way they think I "should".....PULEEEZ
I never said that, but isn't that what we all learned in driving school? Lol

Is there no way to get rid of the search screen. It looks like it’s still there I had to touch the triangle for it to look like the first photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 121
  • BECF88AC-F4C0-42DF-B013-452E11DEDAA1.jpeg
    BECF88AC-F4C0-42DF-B013-452E11DEDAA1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 122
Is there no way to get rid of the search screen. It looks like it’s still there I had to touch the triangle for it to look like the first photo.
Not sure what triangle you're referring to, but the first image is that way so that you can 'pull up' from that bar to show the search screen. It's intentional.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but please, please can we get the ability to reboot just the infotainment system while driving? Yesterday evening, it never got off the Lucid background. I knew it would easily reset after stopping and having the car go quickly into sleep mode, but most of the time you don't want to stop just for that. Radio station was playing, but I couldn't change. Car drove fine, but I couldn't switch mode. AC could be adjusted with Alexa. And most importantly, couldn't open the garage door when I got home without rebooting.

One time I had some glitching on the screen and the system rebooted itself, so I feel like it can be done while the car is moving. Just please give us the ability to do it ourselves :). FWIW, saying "Alexa, reboot infortainment system" does not do anything ;).

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but please, please can we get the ability to reboot just the infotainment system while driving? Yesterday evening, it never got off the Lucid background. I knew it would easily reset after stopping and having the car go quickly into sleep mode, but most of the time you don't want to stop just for that. Radio station was playing, but I couldn't change. Car drove fine, but I couldn't switch mode. AC could be adjusted with Alexa. And most importantly, couldn't open the garage door when I got home without rebooting.

One time I had some glitching on the screen and the system rebooted itself, so I feel like it can be done while the car is moving. Just please give us the ability to do it ourselves :). FWIW, saying "Alexa, reboot infortainment system" does not do anything ;).
Yes, this has been a problem for me when making long trips: I was going from Pinetop to Tucson and had the entertainment screen stop responding. I really only needed it for the XM FM Tuner Radio part, but I had not turned that on yet. Luckily I'm familiar with the area and pulled over at a rest/scenic overlook to reboot. Maybe Alexa would have helped, but in that area there is no cell service.

I've raised this with the Beverly Hills Service Center and also Customer Care. They agree and have told me it's been passed onto the the engineering team. Getting out of the car to restart the entertainment system is absolutely ridiculous. I lost the sub-woofer the other day and just had to wait until I got to my destination knowing it would fix itself when I returned to the car. It was annoying though.

Yeah

yeah this happened to me too, the infotainment panel wouldn’t boot up and my wife didn’t want me to stop the car to reset cuz the baby was asleep so I just drove home in silence and used Apple Maps on my phone to navigate.

So here’s my suggestion: make the software stable enough so we don’t need to reboot anymore! But if we do need to, at least make it so we can reboot infotainment while driving.

So here’s my suggestion: make the software stable enough so we don’t need to reboot anymore! But if we do need to, at least make it so we can reboot infotainment while driving.
I'd agree with that, but some of the most stable software I use sometimes glitches - phone apps, computer programs, streaming services. So it's hard to criticize the occasional freeze or two. But to have to stop, wait for the whole car to go to sleep, and then wake up just to change the radio station feels a bit (just a bit) cumbersome :).

Here is an improvement which I dont know if it has been listed before. The software needs to have either the button for the homelink garage door opener on either the left screen OR/AND on the surround view screen. I find it very annoying that I back out of my garage then have to go thru 3-4 clicks to the get to that homelink button.

Also, I have a found a couple of bugs that I have reported and hopefully will be addressed. If I am on my cell phone inside my house, it jumps to the car (which is in the garage) unless I lock the car the with the FOB. It is very annoying. And I have noticed that if you are on a call in the car but transfer to the phone.. the controls for the phone still stay on the lucid screen. Then if you try to decrease the volume of the radio, it doesnt allow you to do that as it tries to control the volume of the phone.

Cant figure out how to disable the Alexa notifications for my Amazon orders. I would like to receive them on my phone but just not in my car.

Here is an improvement which I dont know if it has been listed before. The software needs to have either the button for the homelink garage door opener on either the left screen OR/AND on the surround view screen. I find it very annoying that I back out of my garage then have to go thru 3-4 clicks to the get to that homelink button.

Also, I have a found a couple of bugs that I have reported and hopefully will be addressed. If I am on my cell phone inside my house, it jumps to the car (which is in the garage) unless I lock the car the with the FOB. It is very annoying. And I have noticed that if you are on a call in the car but transfer to the phone.. the controls for the phone still stay on the lucid screen. Then if you try to decrease the volume of the radio, it doesnt allow you to do that as it tries to control the volume of the phone.

Cant figure out how to disable the Alexa notifications for my Amazon orders. I would like to receive them on my phone but just not in my car.
I believe you can change that setting in the Alexa settings from your phone or desktop. Should show up as Lucid Air as the device.

They're pointless in CA anyway as no one uses turn signals and just changes lanes whenever they want. 😂
Gee. I thought turn signals were optional in the US today. I do not believe most even use them anymore...oh wait, left arm out straight...left turn arm at 90 degree right turn.

I believe you can change that setting in the Alexa settings from your phone or desktop. Should show up as Lucid Air as the device.
Actually they are not available as individual device settings, but are global. Alexa(App)->Settings->Notifications->Amazon Shopping

Actually they are not available as individual device settings, but are global. Alexa(App)->Settings->Notifications->Amazon Shopping
Yes, it is global and not individual as I far as I could find.

Yes, it is global and not individual as I far as I could find.
Disabling the notifications really cuts down on that yellow bar. But the drive can get lonely without Alexa asking you to rate products you buy!

does anyone know how to raise/lower the front head restraints? manual states "Note: The position of the front seat head restraints can only be adjusted using the Pilot Panel. See Using the Pilot Panel". but when i looked at the pilot panel, i can only move the restraints forward and backward not up/down.

does anyone know how to raise/lower the front head restraints? manual states "Note: The position of the front seat head restraints can only be adjusted using the Pilot Panel. See Using the Pilot Panel". but when i looked at the pilot panel, i can only move the restraints forward and backward not up/down.
Forward and backward is all it is. They cannot move up and down (though forward is really forward and down, and back is really back and up)

Back