EVAdventuresRob GT Destroyed

Oh no.. Im going to turn this off now.

Let’s see, windshield, sunroof, rear glass ,roof panels , hood and trunk plus paint and labor. 20k?

Last edited:
As crappy as this is, it should be noted that none of that glass shattered unlike other cars I've seen videos of in hail storms. Silver lining...

As crappy as this is, it should be noted that none of that glass shattered unlike other cars I've seen videos of in hail storms. Silver lining...
I, for obvious reasons, take a slightly different view. It was hard to make out, but at the beginning of the video when you see all of the other cars he's walking by, I couldn't make out anything with the cracking-patterns that were on the Lucid. To me, I would absolutely expect A LOT of damage, but the way the patterns and breakage looked just seemed different than the other cars. I will continue to maintain that the glass is soft overall. Just wish the video was better of damage to the other cars.

This GT owner in the Midwest posted this video today showing his car absolutely destroyed in an intense hail storm. An incredibly bad day…

My Lucid Destroyed
Thanks for sharing. When I watched this video all I could think of was the big storm that hit the Casa Grande area last month. Just think of all the damage and lost weeks of production Lucid would be experiencing if this was to happen there. I feel real bad for EVAdventuresRob. It must be horrible to lose your new GT due to Mother Nature but at least insurance should cover most of the repairs. No matter how bad we think we have it, there are always examples, such as this, that help put life into perspective. Hang in there EVAdventureRob and thank you for sharing all your Lucid videos with us.

Thanks for sharing. When I watched this video all I could think of was the big storm that hit the Casa Grande area last month. Just think of all the damage and lost weeks of production Lucid would be experiencing if this was to happen there. I feel real bad for EVAdventuresRob. It must be horrible to lose your new GT due to Mother Nature but at least insurance should cover most of the repairs. No matter how bad we think we have it, there are always examples, such as this, that help put life into perspective. Hang in there EVAdventureRob and thank you for sharing all your Lucid videos with us.
He did reply to a comment I left on his YouTube post and said he got some good news from Lucid so I’ll be curious to hear it.

Damn that SUCKS. He had some bad luck when he first got the car too when he took it on the road trip straight from picking it up at the service center.
That hail storm thinf happened to my brotherms BMW in Florida too. Totaled.

It did shatter but not enough to damage the interior, but there was broken glass bits all over the interior. But what was great was the cameras/sensors all appeared intact and he was able to use them to drive via the parking camera since looking out of a smashed windshield isn't ideal.

I follow that youtuber and it was sad to see the damage. It made me realize what I might miss the most from the S Class...weather maps (Sirius XM weather, perhaps 5 minute updates) showing tornados, hail, snow, rain and wind speed/direction. The periodic updates allow you to follow the storm, etc. The youtuber reported that CarPlay may be coming soon as Lucid engineers are beta testing in their vehicles. I have never used CarPlay, but I am hoping at some point we get Sirius XM and weather on the Air.

Back