A question for those with higher mileage Lucids

Let me help you with your grammar:
God is normally capitalized.
The colon after God should be a period.
After mad, add a comma.
Add a period after lol. (Allowing for lol here is a bit suspect in and of itself.)
Make, not makes. People is plural.
Were not was. This is the conditional tense.
Also, consider using punctuation.
This is funny.
I can see Bobby being a grammar disciplinarian here.
To the bright side, it's encouraging that among the younger generation, there's at least one person who even remembers about grammar, a subject I'm not even sure is on the curriculum these days.

My god: people on this forum and their grammar makes me so mad lol
What if it was bad on day one?
If my car had been bad, or for that matter less than stellar, on day one I would have reported it. I stated its condition as clearly as possible.

My god: people on this forum and their grammar makes me so mad lol
What if it was bad on day one?
I'm not sure what you think is incorrect here, but day one is a common phrase having nothing to do with grammar. Perhaps you don't like his language choice?

My car, at 13+ months with over 17,000 miles, is also as solid as on day one. I've had a few creaks here and there, but I assumed it was everything breaking in and adjusting as the weather changed and eventually it settled down and all is quiet. In fact, I heard a weird noise yesterday while driving on the highway, but it turned out to be the case of wine I'd forgotten was in the back seat. :)

This is funny.
To the bright side, it's encouraging that among the younger generation, there's at least one person who even remembers about grammar, a subject I'm not even sure is on the curriculum these days.
I can confirm it is still taught in school. My daughter was complaining about it just the other day.

Let me help you with your grammar:
God is normally capitalized.
The colon after God should be a period.
After mad, add a comma.
Add a period after lol. (Allowing for lol here is a bit suspect in and of itself.)
Make, not makes. People is plural.
Were not was. This is the conditional tense.
Also, consider using punctuation.
Maybe I should take AP english.

This is funny.
Oh believe me, it is on the curriculum. Just not focused on grammar these days.

I'm not sure what you think is incorrect here, but day one is a common phrase having nothing to do with grammar. Perhaps you don't like his language choice?

My car, at 13+ months with over 17,000 miles, is also as solid as on day one. I've had a few creaks here and there, but I assumed it was everything breaking in and adjusting as the weather changed and eventually it settled down and all is quiet. In fact, I heard a weird noise yesterday while driving on the highway, but it turned out to be the case of wine I'd forgotten was in the back seat. :)
Not grammar, just general word choice. Just a joke, "laugh out loud."(@Bobby is this fine?)

If my car had been bad, or for that matter less than stellar, on day one I would have reported it. I stated its condition as clearly as possible.
No, I know you meant it was good. Just funny because if the car arrived in a terrible way, then your wording would mean that its still terrible, which it obviously isnt.

"
What if it was bad on day one?"
here are some ways to rewrite "What if it was bad on day one?":

• What if things didn't go as planned on the first day?
  • What if there were unexpected challenges on the first day?
  • What if things didn't work out the way we hoped on the first day?
  • What if we had a setback on the first day?
  • What if we had a bad day on the first day?

"

here are some ways to rewrite "What if it was bad on day one?":

• What if things didn't go as planned on the first day?
  • What if there were unexpected challenges on the first day?
  • What if things didn't work out the way we hoped on the first day?
  • What if we had a setback on the first day?
  • What if we had a bad day on the first day?
I would bet that was generated by chatGPT lol.
Anyways, lets get the conversation back on track, we dont want a repeat of when that stock thread turned into a TV and fridge discussion.

I can confirm it is still taught in school. My daughter was complaining about it just the other day.
Glad it's still being taught.
Outside of Twitters et al, proper English is still a good thing.
BTW, our kids felt the same way about learning grammar so I bought for them a software to teach themselves and got our of their hair.

Well, maybe this shows how flawed the school system is. I have no idea what diction is.
Less time on internet forums and more time delving into improving yourself could do wonders.

I would bet that was generated by chatGPT lol.
Anyways, lets get the conversation back on track, we dont want a repeat of when that stock thread turned into a TV and fridge discussion.

In this entire thread, you only had one post that had anything to do with the thread. I'm going to be super blunt; your posts are annoying, don't contribute to the topic, and at worst, are needlessly insulting. Don't go criticizing anyone else's grammar if you're not going to be perfect about your own. Better yet, don't go criticizing anyone's grammar because that's a stupid, pointless waste of time that does nothing but needlessly bring people down.

This forum is intended for adults, and while nothing has stopped you from joining, it would be best if you acted like one while you were here.

Well, maybe this shows how flawed the school system is. I have no idea what diction is.
Well, your hint is right there in the name. Diction. What's that sound like? Oh, dictionary. As in, the book that's full of words.

diction = word choice.

Also, right click on any word then select "Look Up". (Assuming you're on a Mac, that is.) Works wonders.

Better yet, don't go criticizing anyone's grammar because that's a stupid, pointless waste of time that does nothing but needlessly bring people down.
If there's better advice out there to be had, I haven't heard it yet.

Back