A question for those with higher mileage Lucids

Back on track ye Ole thread!

In this entire thread, you only had one post that had anything to do with the thread. I'm going to be super blunt; your posts are annoying, don't contribute to the topic, and at worst, are needlessly insulting. Don't go criticizing anyone else's grammar if you're not going to be perfect about your own. Better yet, don't go criticizing anyone's grammar because that's a stupid, pointless waste of time that does nothing but needlessly bring people down.

This forum is intended for adults, and while nothing has stopped you from joining, it would be best if you acted like one while you were here.
It wasnt really a criticism, and I apologize if it was intended like that as I thought it was more of a joke. Anyways, since this thread is directed toward owners, ill attempt to stay out from now.

Last edited:
Almost 12k miles here and not a squeak or rattle. Solid!
I have been noticing a trend, customers with recent cars haven’t usually been getting the rear deck creak that needs bobby foam. Perhaps they fixed something?

I have been noticing a trend, customers with recent cars haven’t usually been getting the rear deck creak that needs bobby foam. Perhaps they fixed something?
I've had my car since June, with an April 2022 build date, so I think it's just luck of the draw.

Were not was. This is the conditional tense.
I think you mean the conditional mood, but in reality the error was not using the subjunctive mood correctly:
The subjunctive mood is a form of a verb used to express statements that are imagined or contrary to the fact (If I were a millionaire, I would buy my parents a house). It’s also used to convey a wish or request (I wish that my best friend were still living in the same city as me).​

I think you mean the conditional mood, but in reality the error was not using the subjunctive mood correctly:
The subjunctive mood is a form of a verb used to express statements that are imagined or contrary to the fact (If I were a millionaire, I would buy my parents a house). It’s also used to convey a wish or request (I wish that my best friend were still living in the same city as me).​
My God,(@Bobby points!) I really believe we should get this conversation away from grammar. No offence though!

But also, I believe that what I said was correct. Is it something old fashioned I have not been taught that would make me say "were" in that case? Because as far as our current schooling system goes, "was" would be correct.
Edit: grammarly confirms
1683686223436.png

Last edited:
Maybe an unlucky individual here, but also highly sensitive to sounds. At 8400 miles,‘I have experienced the following:
-creaky steering wheel, replaced with replacement also creaking albeit less. Service installed foam insulation which has resolved this for the time being.
- rear deck creaking…I think this has contributed many a gray hair and wrinkles. Car has been in for service 4 times for this issue. It’s better but not eliminated.
-both front seats creak (more like leather rubbing against plastic). Doubt there can be a fix other than copious amounts of leather conditioner.
-3/4 soft close cinch mechanisms needing replacement, 2/4 door handles failed and needing replacement.

At this point the car is not what I’d consider silent, but is much better. I give credit where credit is due - the local Boston service team is fantastic and has been patient with my requests. They can only do so much however.

After this amount of time owning the car, I am convinced that whatever assembly workers were responsible for its being put together were not fans of attention to detail. Your mileage will (and hopefully does) vary.

I would gladly drive another Lucid because my experience has already been irreversibly tainted by the poor workmanship on my particular vehicle and I have zero faith my particular car will age well.

But also, I believe that what I said was correct. Is it something old fashioned I have not been taught that would make me say "were" in that case? Because as far as our current schooling system goes, "was" would be correct.
Language is a fluid, ever-evolving thing. Don't ever let us older folks tell you otherwise. And I was an English teacher once, so I would know.

But you definitely should have been taught subjunctive mood. If for no other reason than it would make you sound pretty smart to your friends. It's one of the most complex bits of our language, and it totally scrambles the ever living crap out of people trying to learn English as a second language.

Sentences like this:

"If I were to have had scrod, where would I have had it?"

Sound completely natural to me and anyone else who learned English a while ago. But my guess is that sort of eloquence is long gone. So be it.

It's all LOL from here on out.

Maybe an unlucky individual here, but also highly sensitive to sounds. At 8400 miles,‘I have experienced the following:
-creaky steering wheel, replaced with replacement also creaking albeit less. Service installed foam insulation which has resolved this for the time being.
- rear deck creaking…I think this has contributed many a gray hair and wrinkles. Car has been in for service 4 times for this issue. It’s better but not eliminated.
-both front seats creak (more like leather rubbing against plastic). Doubt there can be a fix other than copious amounts of leather conditioner.
-3/4 soft close cinch mechanisms needing replacement, 2/4 door handles failed and needing replacement.

At this point the car is not what I’d consider silent, but is much better. I give credit where credit is due - the local Boston service team is fantastic and has been patient with my requests. They can only do so much however.

After this amount of time owning the car, I am convinced that whatever assembly workers were responsible for its being put together were not fans of attention to detail. Your mileage will (and hopefully does) vary.

I would gladly drive another Lucid because my experience has already been irreversibly tainted by the poor workmanship on my particular vehicle and I have zero faith my particular car will age well.
Small question, what was your build date?(or delivery date) For now though, ill attempt to answer this:
For the steering wheel, foam or rather microfiber between the shaft and the wall seems to be the most widespread option, even though I believe lucid will resolve it soon along with that bad button issue.
Rear deck is pretty common, "Bobby" foam fix is recommended in this forum. I myself do not know how to do this.
For the seats, this should not be happening. However, I spotted one thing in that sentence that you shouldnt do, which is leather conditioner. This leather is highly sensitive, and lucid recommends only a cloth and a wipe.
Soft close is a known issue, and its really random.

Language is a fluid, ever-evolving thing. Don't ever let us older folks tell you otherwise. And I was an English teacher once, so I would know.

But you definitely should have been taught subjunctive mood. If for no other reason than it would make you sound pretty smart to your friends. It's one of the most complex bits of our language, and it totally scrambles the ever living crap out of people trying to learn English as a second language.

Sentences like this:

"If I were to have had scrod, where would I have had it?"

Sound completely natural to me and anyone else who learned English a while ago. But my guess is that sort of eloquence is long gone. So be it.

It's all LOL from here on out.
Completely agree. English is getting less "fancier" and more casual. For example, try reading the constitution without having 5 continuous strokes.
Also, I havent learnt subjunctive mood yet. Then again, maybe thats for higher grades.

Small question, what was your build date?(or delivery date) For now though, ill attempt to answer this:
For the steering wheel, foam or rather microfiber between the shaft and the wall seems to be the most widespread option, even though I believe lucid will resolve it soon along with that bad button issue.
Rear deck is pretty common, "Bobby" foam fix is recommended in this forum. I myself do not know how to do this.
For the seats, this should not be happening. However, I spotted one thing in that sentence that you shouldnt do, which is leather conditioner. This leather is highly sensitive, and lucid recommends only a cloth and a wipe.
Soft close is a known issue, and its really random.
Delivery was last day September 2022. I can look at build date tomorrow morning.

I will keep that in mind on leather conditioner. Just leaning on my seat, I hear major creaking which sounds like leather rubbing to me. The seats aren’t unstable by any means…just very musical.

3/4 cinch mechanisms and 2/4 door handles in one vehicle isn’t what I’d call random…

I love driving the car. I just can’t enjoy it fully while these silly quality control issues keep rearing their ugly head.

Delivery was last day September 2022. I can look at build date tomorrow morning.

I will keep that in mind on leather conditioner. Just leaning on my seat, I hear major creaking which sounds like leather rubbing to me. The seats aren’t unstable by any means…just very musical.

3/4 cinch mechanisms and 2/4 door handles in one vehicle isn’t what I’d call random…

I love driving the car. I just can’t enjoy it fully while these silly quality control issues keep rearing their ugly head.
Wait, the door handles broke at the same time?

Back