A question for those with higher mileage Lucids

Lucken

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Pure, BMW i4
Referral Code
97KPWDUB
I’m wondering how the Lucid is holding up in terms of body tightness. If the car started out as rattle-free, is it still free of rattles & squeaks after a number of miles? I ask only because that’s one thing that really helps destroy my enjoyment of a car. I remember it wasn’t long before my Model S developed squeaks & rattles and put me on the road to selling it.

I’m wondering how the Lucid is holding up in terms of body tightness. If the car started out as rattle-free, is it still free of rattles & squeaks after a number of miles? I ask only because that’s one thing that really helps destroy my enjoyment of a car. I remember it wasn’t long before my Model S developed squeaks & rattles and put me on the road to selling it.
What mileage did your develop rattles?

We're now at 16,548 miles on our Air DEP and about 17,300 on our Model S Plaid. Both cars have 21" wheels and are driven similarly on the same roads.

The Model S began to develop squeaks and groans, mostly in the rear, a bit shy of 10,000 miles. The Air remains quiet and as solid as a rock.

Lucid has taken some flak for using a conventional trunk instead of a hatchback, but Rawlinson always felt the Model S torsional rigidity was compromised by its hatchback design and consequently insisted on a strong cross beam at the C pillars of the Air. He was right to do so. From day one, the Air felt more solid than either our 2015 Model S P90D or our 2021 Model S Plaid. And the climbing odometers are bearing that out.

For what it’s worth I would say 20k miles in model S plaid and no raffles but model Y definitely has a raffle 1000 miles 2023.

~12,000 miles and the only noises are squeaks are from the driver's seat and creaks from the audio controls on the steering wheel.

We're now at 16,548 miles on our Air DEP and about 17,300 on our Model S Plaid. Both cars have 21" wheels and are driven similarly on the same roads.

The Model S began to develop squeaks and groans, mostly in the rear, a bit shy of 10,000 miles. The Air remains quiet and as solid as a rock.

Lucid has taken some flak for using a conventional trunk instead of a hatchback, but Rawlinson always felt the Model S torsional rigidity was compromised by its hatchback design and consequently insisted on a strong cross beam at the C pillars of the Air. He was right to do so. From day one, the Air felt more solid than either our 2015 Model S P90D or our 2021 Model S Plaid. And the climbing odometers are bearing that out.
The Mercedees EQS has a hatchback and it makes large items much easier to load. Maybe Mercedes figured out how to have a hatchback and make the body rigid enough?

The Mercedees EQS has a hatchback and it makes large items much easier to load. Maybe Mercedes figured out how to have a hatchback and make the body rigid enough?

Maybe. Or maybe the accumulation of miles will tell a different story. It took almost 10,000 miles for our Model S to develop the body noises.

Almost 15K miles, the only time I’ve ever heard a rattle/squeak was there was a few times the rear sunshade didn’t seat completely flush with the rear deck lid when closed. This is something service could probably address but it doesn’t happen very often and doesn’t bother me so I’m leaving it alone. Aside from that, yeah my experience is that of @hmp10, Bank vault solid, never had a steering wheel creak, etc.

Yup. My BMW i4 is a hatchback and has zero rattles or squeaks. So ultimately it depends upon the manufacturer’s execution of either design.

Sounds like something that service could easily take care of.
They have once already. Waiting for the next needed repair to do again.

Almost 4,000 miles. Just got my car back after replacing a creaky steering wheel assembly and driver side door cinch motor. There's still an intermittent rattle coming from the rear of the car that I couldn't quite pinpoint yet.

Back