A question for those with higher mileage Lucids

10k miles and no squeaks or rattles. The car is an engineered marvel and the software has improved significantly.

10k miles and no squeaks or rattles. The car is an engineered marvel and the software has improved significantly.
8500 miles and only squeak is steering wheel. Supposedly they've been working on a permanent solution to this common problem for several months. I was asked to wait for solution.

8500 miles and only squeak is steering wheel. Supposedly they've been working on a permanent solution to this common problem for several months. I was asked to wait for solution.
Crap, I wasn’t counting the steering wheel. I’m on steering wheel #3. It’s much better than the first two, but it does creek a little. It’s not bad enough to annoy me like the first two versions. I’m waiting for the newest version to become available before requesting another change.

Crap, I wasn’t counting the steering wheel. I’m on steering wheel #3. It’s much better than the first two, but it does creek a little. It’s not bad enough to annoy me like the first two versions. I’m waiting for the newest version to become available before requesting another change.
Replaced the steering wheel or lubed it?

I’m racking up the miles at an astonishing rate, yet it doesn’t feel like I get to drive my beloved Lucid all that much.

8500 miles in five months. Not a rattle (and I am maniacally fussy about rattles), or a squeak save an occasional one from the the steering wheel column. I’ll wait for the “permanent fix” to be offered for this inocuous gremlin. I can ignore it in the meantime.

15,300 miles in no squeaks or rattles. I hit another pothole last night that rattled my fillings but thankfully no blow out or loosening of anything in the cabin. I’ll just have to check the rim today to see if I have bent an inner flange.

No squeaks or rattles. The car is holding up really well. Just ran into 1 issue with my rear passenger window that is going to be looked into later this month.

I’m wondering how the Lucid is holding up in terms of body tightness. If the car started out as rattle-free, is it still free of rattles & squeaks after a number of miles? I ask only because that’s one thing that really helps destroy my enjoyment of a car. I remember it wasn’t long before my Model S developed squeaks & rattles and put me on the road to selling it.
Afternoon,

My vehicle is just over one year old and have 6600 miles on it…have done 3 trips round trip (800 total) and not experiencing any wear in noise.

7400 miles in, anniversary is coming up soon. ZERO rattle but one brief subtle steering wheel column squeak couple months ago, and I have not heard it since, so it doesn’t even bother me. Drive is always smooth and pleasant like 1st week owning it. Software stability has improved drastically in last 6 months. I haven’t had need to stop the car for reset this year like last year.

Waiting for more added UI features, this EV is the ULTIMATE driving machine on the streets, PERIOD.

In every Lucid Vehicle I've experienced, there is a "click" or a "single rattle" coming from the steering wheel. I'm told this is a very common problem and that virtually every car built has this problem.

In every Lucid Vehicle I've experienced, there is a "click" or a "single rattle" coming from the steering wheel. I'm told this is a very common problem and that virtually every car built has this problem.
I am curious how many Lucids you have driven. I have driven three and have encountered the creak in the steering wheel in only my own that was fixed with a replaced steering wheel. I have never heard a "click" or "single rattle" that you describe.

My steering wheel is quiet as well, no clicks or rattles, granted I only got mine a week ago and have only put about 200 miles so far, but nevertheless I believe supports the fact that not all cars built have this problem.

Last edited:
And how many has that been? And were they pre-production test drive cars? Add mine to the "no click or rattle" group as well.

I am curious how many Lucids you have driven. I have driven three and have encountered the creak in the steering wheel in only my own that was fixed with a replaced steering wheel. I have never heard a "click" or "single rattle" that you describe.
I've only driven three. All three had some sort of a click/creak/rattle with the steering wheel. But I asked a Lucid Sales employee my catchall question, "what are the biggest weaknesses of the product?" His response was and give me license to paraphrase here; software, heat pump, no auto dip mirror - but it will come in software eventually, creak in steering wheel (he mentioned it in a way that suggested every car has this problem), and a few others. He was very blunt and honest.

I felt another thing he forgot to mention was that DreamDrive PRO was a major $10K option when other brands offered similar smart cruise control with lane centering as standard features on their cars (Tesla has it standard, BMW's which is actually reasonably good is around $1900, Mercedes is around the same, Lexus has it standard but the Lexus version isn't good enough as I'm told it doesn't stay perfectly centered in the lane).

But back to the steering wheel - the way the Lucid employee mentioned the creak in the steering wheel suggested to me that he noticed it very frequently.

Back