Enjoy the drive but not the experience

t.raghu

DE Number
I got a pure without DDP this week. So far, I really like the drive but am still not enjoying the experience. This is very odd for me to say, but I felt more stressed driving this car for an hour compared to driving my minivan for 4 hours which is half the price. May be it's the learning curve or something else. I felt like my mini van takes care of many things without me worrying about them. There are things like forcing rear passenger seat belts, bad switching between navigation voices and Bluetooth audio, fancy key fob, unable to open the passenger door without putting in park or unlocking from driver panel, lane assist makes me feel like a buzzed driver is driving the car as it moves from left to right between lines.

I am honestly hoping that the learning curve is slightly higher for this car and I need more time to learn about it.

I am not sure about others in this forum who have pure without DDP. How do you feel about your experience so far.

I got a pure without DDP this week. So far, I really like the drive but am still not enjoying the experience. This is very odd for me to say, but I felt more stressed driving this car for an hour compared to driving my minivan for 4 hours which is half the price. May be it's the learning curve or something else. I felt like my mini van takes care of many things without me worrying about them. There are things like forcing rear passenger seat belts, bad switching between navigation voices and Bluetooth audio, fancy key fob, unable to open the passenger door without putting in park or unlocking from driver panel, lane assist makes me feel like a buzzed driver is driving the car as it moves from left to right between lines.

I am honestly hoping that the learning curve is slightly higher for this car and I need more time to learn about it.

I am not sure about others in this forum who have pure without DDP. How do you feel about your experience so far.
Forcing rear passenger belts - safety issue for your own good

Passenger door can be opened even in drive you just have to be stopped and pull the handle twice

Disable lane keep assist or set to warning only, it also doesn't steer for you, just prevents you from crossing over the line

Fancy key fob - yea...we all know, learning curve for this

If you’re not used to driving a pricey car, that in of itself can initially create some anxiety with many people. Hydbob’s explanation of some your functional concerns should help on the technical end.

Give it some time and you’ll acclimate and better appreciate what the car has to offer.

Give it some time and you’ll acclimate and better appreciate what the car has to offer.

+1. Only had one test drive. My car arrived late one evening. Parked it. Next morning,drove 150 miles, very busy VERY FAST mtn interstate traffic full of trucks campers, idiots. Met a friend for lunch in the mtns. Asked me how the new car was. All I could say was: I REALLY NEED A BEER - (or two) I AM WORN OUT. It was that new, intimidating and so much to learn.

It took a month. Now, I understand it, I know how it will react, and I am not intimidated. Now, I look for excuses to drive.

lane assist makes me feel like a buzzed driver is driving the car as it moves from left to right between lines.

If you really mean the Highway Assist function, they screwed this up in a recent update. It used to be rock solid in the middle of the lane but, once they added the "lane biasing" ability, they screwed it up. Please mention this to customer support so they will put it back or create an option or something.

+1. Only had one test drive. My car arrived late one evening. Parked it. Next morning,drove 150 miles, very busy VERY FAST mtn interstate traffic full of trucks campers, idiots. Met a friend for lunch in the mtns. Asked me how the new car was. All I could say was: I REALLY NEED A BEER - (or two) I AM WORN OUT. It was that new, intimidating and so much to learn.

It took a month. Now, I understand it, I know how it will react, and I am not intimidated. Now, I look for excuses to drive.
My wife drove my car for the first time a couple weeks ago, she was very stressed out as she’d never driven any EV or done one pedal driving and only point of reference was a 2019 Subaru. I felt that way the first day with the Lucid also. Now whenever I get in another car they just don’t stand up to how great the Lucid is. I do quite like the XC40 recharge I just got my wife, it’s a good safe easy relatively unambitious EV that just works without achieving greatness in any metric aside from safety perhaps. But the Lucid fits like a glove. I suppose I’m currently irritated at the implementation of DDPro as the latest OTA makes it too floppy and sensitive due to “hands on wheel” alerts causing you to over-ride DDPro which then sways drunkenly all over the road trying to re-center and even crossing lines etc, but Lucid is working on improving that so I’m not even complaining. I’m more than happy to drive the car myself since it’s so great to drive haha. You’ll get used to it and then operating it will feel like second nature.

It took a bit (and sometimes is tricky when things change with software updates - things reset like lane assist or other things are operate differently). Now when I get a rental car for long work trips, I have to consciously adjust for much lower power, especially when joining the freeway or changing lanes in traffic. Makes me appreciate the speed and responsiveness of my Lucid.

If you really mean the Highway Assist function, they screwed this up in a recent update. It used to be rock solid in the middle of the lane but, once they added the "lane biasing" ability, they screwed it up. Please mention this to customer support so they will put it back or create an option or something.
I think Pure without DDP does not have Highway Assist. It only has adaptive cruise control. I remember the owners manual stating that DDP is required for Highway assist. Having said that, I did call customer support and told them that Lane keep assist is not working and according to them, Pure without DDP should have the functionality. They told me that a technician may reach out to me next week.

I think Pure without DDP does not have Highway Assist. It only has adaptive cruise control. I remember the owners manual stating that DDP is required for Highway assist. Having said that, I did call customer support and told them that Lane keep assist is not working and according to them, Pure without DDP should have the functionality. They told me that a technician may reach out to me next week.
Why is lane keep assist not working? It does not steer for you. Lane keep assist nudges you back into your lane when you start to cross the line, if you have it enabled. That's it.

My wife drove my car for the first time a couple weeks ago, she was very stressed out as she’d never driven any EV or done one pedal driving and only point of reference was a 2019 Subaru. I felt that way the first day with the Lucid also. Now whenever I get in another car they just don’t stand up to how great the Lucid is. I do quite like the XC40 recharge I just got my wife, it’s a good safe easy relatively unambitious EV that just works without achieving greatness in any metric aside from safety perhaps. But the Lucid fits like a glove. I suppose I’m currently irritated at the implementation of DDPro as the latest OTA makes it too floppy and sensitive due to “hands on wheel” alerts causing you to over-ride DDPro which then sways drunkenly all over the road trying to re-center and even crossing lines etc, but Lucid is working on improving that so I’m not even complaining. I’m more than happy to drive the car myself since it’s so great to drive haha. You’ll get used to it and then operating it will feel like second nature.
This describes my experience as well. One year later, I love my car more than when I first got it. However, the Highway Assist debacle feels like a booger on a Van Gough masterpiece. As much as I love the masterpiece, I can’t help but stare at the booger. 😂

Back