Sprint Mode

I've tried launching with LC and just slamming it off the line, and i don't feel a major difference, other than maybe a little more wheel slipping without Launch Control.
That sounds about right, since what LC does in an electric vehicle is essentially "preparing" it to launch, whether it be traction control-wise, power-wise, or maybe even conditioning the battery to prepare for max discharge. Not 100 percent sure about what it does for the Lucid though... I'd guess it manages the traction better as it "knows" it is about to do a launch.
Ideally, i would love to have Swift with the ability to use full power.
And THAT is one of the main features Lucid should implement: user customizable drive mode profiles. For example, soft suspension with max power and torque to emulate a comfortable grand tourer car on the highway, firmer steering but with lower power, etc! One of the best features of Tesla's is how they have so many customizable options and so much "statistics" you can see, which is literally pure bliss for the tech nerds (suspension data, etc).

18 months here. Been in Swift for about 3 minutes total. Never been in Sprint.
My son, who has training in high speed driving, pit maneuvers, etc., tried Sprint on a 1/3 mile deserted straightaway near me, refers to Sprint as "rocket ship". I agree & only use on rare occasions..

I am curious about this. In other EVs like the Tesla/Rivian, there is no launch mode, you just slam and go. But in other EVs that DO have a launch mode, like the Taycan, there is usually some kind of "boost" or extra hp that is activated in launch control.

I don't know what exactly Lucid's Launch Control does, but we know it doesn't add any power. I've tried launching with LC and just slamming it off the line, and i don't feel a major difference, other than maybe a little more wheel slipping without Launch Control.
There is definitely a launch mode in teslas. My plaid literally has a dedicated drag strip mode that would precondition the battery for 15 minutes. Then you’d hold your foot on the brake and accelerator, the car would squat down for 5 seconds and on release you would see the plaid animation on the screen. See here:

Also there is definitely a difference in the lucid between launch mode and sprint slams. At least in my dream.

There is definitely a launch mode in teslas. My plaid literally has a dedicated drag strip mode that would precondition the battery for 15 minutes. Then you’d hold your foot on the brake and accelerator, the car would squat down for 5 seconds and on release you would see the plaid animation on the screen. See here:

Also there is definitely a difference in the lucid between launch mode and sprint slams. At least in my dream.
The Rivian launches in the same was as the Lucid, just without a visual indicator.

True! Only the performance model S has that due to the cheetah mode. Majority of models don’t, and I specifically owned a 3, and 3 and Y don’t have it either in any performance trim. But you are correct, forgot about the plaid. The lucid one doesn’t do preconditioning or cheetah mode or anything of the sort, so I’m still unsure what it really does

The Rivian launches in the same was as the Lucid, just without a visual indicator.

Technically that isn’t related to launching at all. He just put it in sport mode and then slammed the throttle. The fact that the suspension lowers in sport is not related to launch. And the front and rear both lower so I’m unsure if it has the same effect as the cheetah stance. But it would be cool if rivian did something similar 😂

To those of you worried about trying launch mode just try it. If it scares you just let off the throttle. There really is no drama, just smooth power. Then you can enjoy scaring your friends.

After over a year of owning the car, I finally tried a drive in Sprint mode. Man, is it fun!! It's a whole new reason to enjoy this car! I know you more experienced drivers are probably going "Duh, what were you waiting for?" But I was just kind of hesitant about using it. And I can see where it could lead you to do things you shouldn't. My goal for 2024 is to see the blue bear. I've been too scared to do that one so far.
I haven’t taken her out of smooth mode at all. Today after my hair appointment— on a straight, long, not busy road— I switched it to Sprint and omg was that a rush! 😂 Just like @idiot900 said… taking of like a plane!✈️
Smooth has just been so amazing that I haven’t even thought about switching. Not sure what made me do it today, but dayyyuuuummmmm.

**Eyes crossing while head drops backwards**
Luci is always giving me reasons to love her more 🤭

To those of you worried about trying launch mode just try it. If it scares you just let off the throttle. There really is no drama, just smooth power. Then you can enjoy scaring your friends.
Launch mode? 👀
Whaaa? Where? How and should I do it? 🤔😂😇

I haven’t taken her out of smooth mode at all. Today after my hair appointment— on a straight, long, not busy road— I switched it to Sprint and omg was that a rush! 😂 Just like @idiot900 said… taking of like a plane!✈️
Smooth has just been so amazing that I haven’t even thought about switching. Not sure what made me do it today, but dayyyuuuummmmm.

**Eyes crossing while head drops backwards**
Luci is always giving me reasons to love her more 🤭
My default drive mode is Swift. But Sprint is definitely fun. The car just feels like it wants to take off. And with my luck, there's usually a car in front of me, and I can't. :(

I haven’t even tried swift yet. Guess I’ll try that one next. Dont know why I went straight for the highest 🥴 first

Launch mode? 👀
Foot on brake in sprint. Throttle pushed in all the way. Head back on the headrest. Doctor on standby in case your organs get rearranged. Earplugs if you have passengers with you. And finally, let go of the brake!

Launch mode? 👀
Throw it in sprint, place your foot firmly on the brake, other foot all the way down on the accelerator. You should see a bear on the dash. Once you do then take your foot off the break while keep your other food on the accelerator.

P.S. your posts always make me uncomfortable 😂😂

Throw it in sprint, place your foot firmly on the brake, other foot all the way down on the accelerator. You should see a bear on the dash. Once you do then take your foot off the break while keep your other food on the accelerator.

P.S. your posts always make me uncomfortable 😂😂
Mine? 😂 That makes 2 of us 🤭

I usually drive in Swift but yesterday tried local driving in Sprint. Much better throttle response of course and firmer steering but otherwise not a big deal, even on my 19’s with sotto zeros. Obviously, turn in is suboptimal on 19’s in Sprint, but I don’t need to counter steer on local roads. The guy in the S who tested me on a straight gave up in a couple of seconds and gave me a thumbs up. Small pleasure at relatively low speed.

On the Tesla Plaid, all the track mode, launch, cheetah stance preconditioning barely leads to an improved time. It is unbelievably fast just mashing it from a standstill in Plaid mode (modes are Chill, Sport, Plaid). What I love is the jump from 55-100 happens just as fast as 0-60. Plaid mode def makes it feel more like a rollercoaster though - very easy to induce nausea with the touchier throttle and then the regen - I don’t like to be a passenger at all in that mode. There is also the Track mode where you can vary the front to rear power, and then Dragstrip mode which is the longer 15 minute process. You can customize pedals, steering and suspension all separately from one another.

On the Tesla Plaid, all the track mode, launch, cheetah stance preconditioning barely leads to an improved time. It is unbelievably fast just mashing it from a standstill in Plaid mode (modes are Chill, Sport, Plaid). What I love is the jump from 55-100 happens just as fast as 0-60. Plaid mode def makes it feel more like a rollercoaster though - very easy to induce nausea with the touchier throttle and then the regen - I don’t like to be a passenger at all in that mode. There is also the Track mode where you can vary the front to rear power, and then Dragstrip mode which is the longer 15 minute process. You can customize pedals, steering and suspension all separately from one another.
I reviewed a Tesla Plaid recently. It was nice to have all the customizations, but i was hard pressed to feel the difference even moving the comfort and stiffness sliders all the way left and right.

I do like having more clear cut "modes" that changes everything at once, like Sprint modifies suspension, steering, and drivetrain into most aggressive settings. Whereas the plaid does not have an easy button for sport mode everything, you have to move all the toggles around to see what you like.

Back