Sprint Mode

I’ve tried Sprint several times but never Launch. Does anyone know the actual statistical difference between the two?

Just be careful out there folks. Take it from someone who had to abort launch mode under heavy braking because someone decided to run a red light at the last minute. Very strange closed course indeed.

Just be careful out there folks. Take it from someone who had to abort launch mode under heavy braking because someone decided to run a red light at the last minute. Very strange closed course indeed.
yea, i think it goes without saying, don't use in a busy intersection.

I guess it feels different to everyone. I can tell a pretty significant difference between Chill and Plaid, just like I could tell a big change from Smooth to Sprint.

I guess it feels different to everyone. I can tell a pretty significant difference between Chill and Plaid, just like I could tell a big change from Smooth to Sprint.

i wasn't talking about chill and plaid, that's obvious, but that only affects the acceleration. I'm talking about the suspension settings. There is no "plaid" mode for the suspension, you just have sliders that don't really do anything.

Curious if anyone can tell me how much Swift decreased your range? Assuming you didn't change your driving style, tighter suspension shouldn't affect your mileage, no?

Curious if anyone can tell me how much Swift decreased your range? Assuming you didn't change your driving style, tighter suspension shouldn't affect your mileage, no?
Not strictly, no. But as I understand it, part of sprint mode is to bring the battery temperature to optimal so maximum current is available to the motors. That regulation draws some additional power. It's similar to turning on the battery conditioning before charging.

I strongly urge those who haven’t launched to try it ;) Safely…but try it. Then report back. Two hands on the wheel, no cars nearby (at least for the first timers), and you only need about half of a city block to do it. Oh, and no potholes haha
I think about it every month but am too chicken to pull the trigger.

You'd hate being a passenger in my car 😂

I'll let you know when i give it a try 👍

I get it. I've been the same way about the Launch thing, even though it sounds like I drive faster than you in general.

Chrry and others that have not launched yet. Please report back when you do. The first to report back gets bonus points :) as in bonus atta boys.......

I get it. I've been the same way about the Launch thing, even though it sounds like I drive faster than you in general.
The next time we have a meetup, if you still haven't launched yet, you can experience one with me.

(That's never not going to sound like a bad pickup line. 😏)

When I drove my plaid….. plaid mode only
When I drive the GT… sprint only
I never changed settings for DD 👍

Best to do this at a vacant business park, in the wee Sunday hours...

Yeah, still sounds creepy. The Venn diagram of launch mode and a drug deal is approaching a full circle.
We can all do it together

It would be nice if the car would remember your settings so it would stay in sprint permanently
Can’t until the regulations change. Presently, the EPA requires testing to be done in the mode the car defaults to when it boots.

Tesla, iirc, ignores this and hasn’t gotten burnt yet, but all the other manufacturers follow the rules.

Can’t until the regulations change. Presently, the EPA requires testing to be done in the mode the car defaults to when it boots.

Tesla, iirc, ignores this and hasn’t gotten burnt yet, but all the other manufacturers follow the rules.
Actually, Rivian, Kia (including mine), Hyundai, and some other brands do this. I do wonder why there hasn't been a crackdown, especially when this has been causing legal issues for many (like the story of the guy who's Elantra N was "too loud" outside the default drive mode).

Back