Electrify America

I don’t believe that’s accurate. PlugShare has an option on bottom to specify minimum kilowatts and will show charging stations with that minimum. I just checked and they listed ones at 150 and 350.
That's true. But I was speaking to the non-affiliated, non-franchised charging stations. PlugShare shows Tesla, Electrify America, EVgo, ChargePoint, etc. but those generally are not free. The free ones are Level 2 with the J-1772 and CHAdeMO connections with a maximum power of 9.6 KW. Many of the Level 2 stations also charge for use so you need to check to see the free ones.

That's true. But I was speaking to the non-affiliated, non-franchised charging stations. PlugShare shows Tesla, Electrify America, EVgo, ChargePoint, etc. but those generally are not free. The free ones are Level 2 with the J-1772 and CHAdeMO connections with a maximum power of 9.6 KW. Many of the Level 2 stations also charge for use so you need to check to see the free ones.
You can filter for CCS stations and only show those that are free.

I have driven EV’s longer then just about anyone in the world…….since ‘08, a Tesla Roadster VIN 38. We have two cars like most families and we take the gas car. We just took the Lucid GT on a 300 mile trip and it was a close call and it would not connect to EA when I got back very near home. (just wanted to see how fast it would charge and it wound up not charging at all) In my opinion, EV’s are still not ready for travel. Too much range anxiety
Thanks. It was this kind of real world experience I was hoping to hear about, especially after reading from a post on another topic how a person spent 30 minutes driving around Stamford, CT and finally had to ask a policeman where to find the charging station.

There are tons of charging stations everywhere, you just might have to pay for them when out and about. A ton of village halls have them, just use the Plug and Share app to find them. Otherwise, charge at home.
Thanks. I don’t think charging at home, which I intend to do, will get me 700 miles down the road even in an Air.

As a yet-to-be-new to EV (Pure) I appreciate the help from all of you. Especially since I-81 takes one through some remote sections of E. Tennessee. I have downloaded Plug and Share and will see how that and the EA map cover the routes I often take and what is available in rural S. Georgia and S.Alabama. The question behind this is whether I am better off replacing a hybrid with a hybrid rather than an EV. The EV has been my preference, but when I see the 400 mile range lowered by % after & on some of these posts, I have started questioning whether an EV is right for me given where my most frequent lengthy trips take me.

The history lesson was interesting and loved looking at the various precedent electric models, but not quite on point with my question. But thanks any way.

Not sure if mentioned but Electrify America is planning to expand significantly thanks to new funding from the government I assume by 2025:

1649881590760.png

Not sure if mentioned but Electrify America is planning to expand significantly thanks to new funding from the government I assume by 2025:

View attachment 1577
Many of those future sites have been listed as “coming soon” for the past year. Permitting must be slow as two of the coming soon locations are near me. They have been “complete” by looks for 9 months but not operational. There is also a Tesla supercharger site which has looked “complete” for a while, so again, it leads me to permits As the rate limiting step. C’mon man! Let’s go SDG&E.

Many of those future sites have been listed as “coming soon” for the past year. Permitting must be slow as two of the coming soon locations are near me. They have been “complete” by looks for 9 months but not operational. There is also a Tesla supercharger site which has looked “complete” for a while, so again, it leads me to permits As the rate limiting step. C’mon man! Let’s go SDG&E.

The press release says that they plan to unveil a lot of the new stations in 2022 and 2023. No more specific than that.

Also:

This new commitment builds on the company’s plans to have about 800 charging stations and approximately 3,500 individual chargers in the U.S. by the end of 2021 and will increase the total number of charging stations to more than 1,700 and 9,500 individual chargers by the end of 2025. The company has installed on average four stations per week since its first charging station opened a little over three years ago in May 2018.

Ok, there has to be a better way on the EA app that I am not seeing. Is there a “route your destination function” that will show all the EA Stations from your origin to your destination? Does Lucid do this on their nav screen? i Looked up Chattanooga where I go a lot and where VW produces their electric vehicles and under Chattanooga it listed no EA station. The closest apparently is in Ooltewah but the EA app did not mention it under Chattanooga. Plug & Share does show a route with stations. Anyone have experience with ABRP app?

Ok, there has to be a better way on the EA app that I am not seeing. Is there a “route your destination function” that will show all the EA Stations from your origin to your destination? Does Lucid do this on their nav screen? i Looked up Chattanooga where I go a lot and where VW produces their electric vehicles and under Chattanooga it listed no EA station. The closest apparently is in Ooltewah but the EA app did not mention it under Chattanooga. Plug & Share does show a route with stations. Anyone have experience with ABRP app?
You can set you charging network preferences in ABRP to use only or prefer EA. That should plan your route accordingly.

The Lucid app will show you the route with EA chargers. See below
Screenshot_20220413-145957_Lucid.jpg

Hydbob,
Can you explain exactly how you did that?

Hydbob,
Can you explain exactly how you did that?
Go into your app, and click on the map icon, then go to search and put in your destination (I put Chattanooga) and it'll map it from the car's location to your destination with charging stops included.

Awesome. Have you found it accurate?
It's fairly accurate, but I've only ever done trips that had 1 stop (450 miles or less), so I can't attest to accuracy past 1 stop!

But also look at it closer, haha, just did the one to Millbrae, check out charge level at the charging stop....1%...
Screenshot_20220413-162330_Lucid.jpg

Go into your app, and click on the map icon, then go to search and put in your destination (I put Chattanooga) and it'll map it from the car's location to your destination with charging stops included.
Okay thank you very much. That is pretty nice.

Back