Electrify America Issues

DuaneCorcoran

Cars
Lucid Air Dream
DE Number
More and more I drive up to an Electrify America charging station and multiple units are out of order. Does anyone know what’s going on with them?

Yes. See Volkswagen civil penalty for defrauding planet earth. There is zero incentive to maintain these chargers.
This is a penalty, not a profit source.

EA chargers are horrible! Besides many being inoperable, I often see charging power limited by station, even when being the only car there.

I do think they’re getting better, but at least we can charge anywhere haha. Easier than only being able to charge at a supercharger (and soon that too)

I used the EA charger at the Mall of New Hampshire in Manchester today (just to see how the public charging works), and it was amazingly smooth and problem free. There were 4 chargers available, and only one was in use. The charger automatically connected with the car, identified it as complimentary charging, and only provided about 89 kWh (out of 350), but 20 minutes added 114 miles. No problems disconnecting the charger from the car's port. There was a very nice Korean family of tourists using the other charger with their VW ID.4 - heading up north for some leaf peeping - who asked how I liked my car. 😸

I've used 3 different EA stations in Pennsylvania and NJ about 20 times without a single issue. Fascinating how different geographic areas can provide wildly different experiences on the EA network.

I constantly have EA issues here in CA.

Have not faced any issues here in the PDX/Vancouver/Camas area. All good. Works every time.
The one in the Target parking lot in Beaverton Oregon works every time. 25% to 80% in 30 minutes

I do think they’re getting better, but at least we can charge anywhere haha. Easier than only being able to charge at a supercharger (and soon that too)
Hi Borski, I’m picking up my GT tomorrow at Millbrae and my wife is asking me whether we get a 2 or 3 year complimentary charging at EA stations. Somehow I recall that it was 3 years when I ordered the car on April 1st. However I can’t find that info anywhere in their website, except for a 2 or 1 year. Do you know for certain? Thanks so much.

Hi Borski, I’m picking up my GT tomorrow at Millbrae and my wife is asking me whether we get a 2 or 3 year complimentary charging at EA stations. Somehow I recall that it was 3 years when I ordered the car on April 1st. However I can’t find that info anywhere in their website, except for a 2 or 1 year. Do you know for certain? Thanks so much.
Reservations placed by 6/30 have a 3-year. GT orders after that are 2-year.

You should be able to see it in the app?
The charging plan part should tell you how many months of free charging you have.

You should be able to see it in the app?
The charging plan part should tell you how many months of free charging you have.
Should look like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221009-175009.png
    Screenshot_20221009-175009.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot_20221009-175004.png
    Screenshot_20221009-175004.png
    358.5 KB · Views: 167
I've noticed that the search feature for charging stations seems to be limited to a range of 30 miles or less. It would be nice if there were several options for ranges.

Well I stopped at an EA station today, spent 2 hours 20 minutes there. Left in a Lyft. during that 2 hours 20 minutes, I tried multiple chargers, talked by phone to 3 separate Luci people, and eventually agreed for Lucid to order my a Lyft ride home. I also lost 40 minutes on hold with EA.

Car would not charge AND would not allow for me to pay via credit card or EA app. It recognized my car just enough to prevent me from paying via credit card or EA app but not so much that it would charge via Lucid. Very frustrating.

At this point, I’ve owned the car for 3 weeks and 1 day. Trim is still being held on with Duct tape, sound system does not work, and car literally will not charge. The most expensive 230 miles I have ever travelled! A true lemon!

• Sad
Reactions: NPN
More and more I drive up to an Electrify America charging station and multiple units are out of order. Does anyone know what’s going on with them?
all EA chargers are down at the Boca Raton location .... 3 weeks ago 3 were operable, then 2 weeks ago down to a single pump. Now nothing. EA custome service said work order ticket had been issued. Obviously useless

I’m experiencing the same thing in our area. It’s totally being mismanaged.

I've used 3 different EA stations in Pennsylvania and NJ about 20 times without a single issue. Fascinating how different geographic areas can provide wildly different experiences on the EA network.

@larry , I’m planning to drive to WIlliamsport on Thursday evening. Do you know if the EA stations in Bloomsburg, Scranton, or East Stroudsburg are reliable? The one in Bloomsburg gets a high rating on PlugShare but the other two seem meh or worse.

@larry , I’m planning to drive to WIlliamsport on Thursday evening. Do you know if the EA stations in Bloomsburg, Scranton, or East Stroudsburg are reliable? The one in Bloomsburg gets a high rating on PlugShare but the other two seem meh or worse.
I've used the East Stroudsburg 3 times and had fine experience. Was empty all 3X and connected first try. Hopefully your luck would be the same.

Back