Electrify America: you may need to open the Lucid App to charge!

Report it to EA? Are you kidding me? Been there/done that! Would rather bang my head against a wall because at least I get immediate feedback that my action is causing an equal an opposite reaction! ;)
Not reporting it is certain to not get it fixed. Reporting it at least has a chance

The EA chargers near me had always enabled PNC. Then about 3 months ago PNC was a no go, so I used the app. About a month ago PNC returned, again to these same chargers. So the issue is obviously on the EA side and not an issue with Lucid.

Heads up #LucidOwnersClub … Lucid has changed its app wrt Electrify America . No longer plug 🔌 &play (charge)! Now you have to open the app, tap the Electrify America icon then tap which charger you’re at. If you do not do that, you’ll get an authentication error 🚨 and won’t be able to charge! You cannot do it on the pilot panel, native to the car!

Sunday 1/28/24 was the last time I used EA without this issue and Tues. 1/30/24 is the first time I used EA and found this update.

Now I can bitch at how there are more steps, but I’m more concerned about loaning somebody my car who doesn’t have the app and won’t be able to free-charge!
View attachment 18046
This is exactly what’s happening to me!!!! Wtf how am I supposed to unlock it to pull it out?????

Attachments

• IMG_3772.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3771.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3769.png
    IMG_3769.png
    2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3773.jpeg
    IMG_3773.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 47
This is exactly what’s happening to me!!!! Wtf how am I supposed to unlock it to pull it out?????
If you open your frunk there is a manual release lever right above the charge port if you really cannot pull out the cable while the car is unlocked. Hopefully that works!

I'd rather bang an axe against the chargers, because at least that makes me calm and the enemy(ea) angry!
That’s how I felt — about 2 hours later!!!!! 🤯🤬

If you open your frunk there is a manual release lever right above the charge port if you really cannot pull out the cable while the car is unlocked. Hopefully that works!
Thank you!!!!! Learn something new errrryday! And today I learned a lot! I think 🤪

Thank you!!!!! Learn something new errrryday! And today I learned a lot! I think 🤪
Just save all your questions for Sunday and don't break your car before then 😁

Just save all your questions for Sunday and don't break your car before then 😁
😅 they (EA service) were telling me to just pull the plug out… like wtf 😳 I was skerrr’d.
EA guy told me to call Lucid. Doing that when I get home. Long day already.
Can’t wait til Saturday and Sunday. Luci is gonna need a long nap after this weekend 💤

Ok. So why was the (personally draining) EA charging yesterday say it would be an hour to get to 80%, when I preconditioned (first time ever) and it was at 22%?

Sorry for horrible pic quality. They were taken under duress 😅

Attachments

• IMG_3767.jpeg
    IMG_3767.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3768.jpeg
    IMG_3768.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
Ok. So why was the (personally draining) EA charging yesterday say it would be an hour to get to 80%, when I preconditioned (first time ever) and it was at 22%?

Speed was only 60kw. Must've been derated.

Mods have a special build that allows them to get 300kw. The rest of us get 100kw charging when we use EA :D

JK! Either you didn't precondition enough (in which case you should have seen the speed increase slightly over time) or like @hydbob says, the station could've been faulty.

I will say, i've never seen over 120kw in my Touring either. So the stars kind of have to align in a special way to get decent charge speeds in the Air.

Mods have a special build that allows them to get 300kw. The rest of us get 100kw charging when we use EA :D

JK! Either you didn't precondition enough (in which case you should have seen the speed increase slightly over time) or like @hydbob says, the station could've been faulty.

I will say, i've never seen over 120kw in my Touring either. So the stars kind of have to align in a special way to get decent charge speeds in the Air.
I’ve only charged Luci 3 times now so not too experienced but the 2nd charge was just over 150. Not close to my house tho ☹️

Just go to AZ. Got over 230 twice this past weekend.

Not surprised about Chandler, but Quartzsite, too.
How many stations working there and any lines?

Not surprised about Chandler, but Quartzsite, too.
How many stations working there and any lines?
Quartzite had 4 working, on Friday around 4pm I waited 10 minutes. Monday around 4pm I pulled into the 350 stall and got that speed right away. I was the only 1 charging for about 30 minutes.

I was consistently having to use the app and finally on a call to Lucid while in a frustrating series of failure to authenticate. They reinstalled my license and no problems since With Plug n charge.

Hi, I just took a delivery on my 2023 Lucid Air. My delivery advisor didn't mention that it comes with 2 years EA free charging. Even the website didn't mention about the promotion. I initially thought the EA promotion got phased out. Any thoughts?
Screenshot_20240208-123521.png

Back