Electrify America: you may need to open the Lucid App to charge!

Tesla2Lucid

Verified Owner
Cars
DE-P (1st dzn: 10/30/21)
DE Number
Referral Code
TBW1L5UN
Heads up #LucidOwnersClub … Lucid has changed its app wrt Electrify America . No longer plug 🔌 &play (charge)! Now you have to open the app, tap the Electrify America icon then tap which charger you’re at. If you do not do that, you’ll get an authentication error 🚨 and won’t be able to charge! You cannot do it on the pilot panel, native to the car!

Sunday 1/28/24 was the last time I used EA without this issue and Tues. 1/30/24 is the first time I used EA and found this update.

Now I can bitch at how there are more steps, but I’m more concerned about loaning somebody my car who doesn’t have the app and won’t be able to free-charge!
4229B13F-6095-4A02-92D0-B2CF99A69A43.JPG

Hmm, I think you got a bad station. I charged 3 times on Monday using PnC.

I thought it has been like this for about a year. I haven’t done plug n play in at least that long

Heads up #LucidOwnersClub … Lucid has changed its app wrt Electrify America . No longer plug 🔌 &play (charge)! Now you have to open the app, tap the Electrify America icon then tap which charger you’re at. If you do not do that, you’ll get an authentication error 🚨 and won’t be able to charge! You cannot do it on the pilot panel, native to the car!

Sunday 1/28/24 was the last time I used EA without this issue and Tues. 1/30/24 is the first time I used EA and found this update.

Now I can bitch at how there are more steps, but I’m more concerned about loaning somebody my car who doesn’t have the app and won’t be able to free-charge!
View attachment 18046
This happens only occasionally. I have modified the title of this thread because it is factually incorrect. Old title:

Electrify America: Now you have to open the Lucid App to charge!​

2.5 yrs of EA & used this particular charge station multiple times and never had this pop up 🤔

2.5 yrs of EA & used this particular charge station multiple times and never had this pop up 🤔
I have seen it three or four times but it is not the norm. This past weekend, I charged at 3 unique EA chargers and did not require the app at any.

Just charged at EA and this was not the case. Worked as intended.

Okay so either a bug or more probably a randomly generated computer validation and hope that it is as infrequent as y'all mention 🤞

Yeah, there's definitely some randomness whether or not you'll need to authenticate via the app. The good news is, you can authenticate remotely - so if your friend gives you a heads up when at the charging station, you should still be able to get free charging.

Okay so either a bug or more probably a randomly generated computer validation and hope that it is as infrequent as y'all mention 🤞
More than likely theres an issue with the station you're going to. If it was working with plug and charge before, i would report it to EA. Also try plug and charge at some other stations nearby if you have them.

There was a case recently in the forum where someone did a software update and their plug and charge certificate in the OS got destroyed, and service had to put it back

I get this maybe 20% of the time? It's a minor inconvenience compared with waiting for all the Bolts to get out of the way ...

More than likely theres an issue with the station you're going to. If it was working with plug and charge before, i would report it to EA. Also try plug and charge at some other stations nearby if you have them.

There was a case recently in the forum where someone did a software update and their plug and charge certificate in the OS got destroyed, and service had to put it back
Report it to EA? Are you kidding me? Been there/done that! Would rather bang my head against a wall because at least I get immediate feedback that my action is causing an equal an opposite reaction! ;)

I get this maybe 20% of the time? It's a minor inconvenience compared with waiting for all the Bolts to get out of the way ...
20% that seems high compared to what others seem to be suggesting :oops:

Report it to EA? Are you kidding me? Been there/done that! Would rather bang my head against a wall because at least I get immediate feedback that my action is causing an equal an opposite reaction! ;)
haha yea...true. My local EA station is one of the newer one with 14 350kw stalls and is always packed. But one stall has been out for over a month, and as of the last week, a SECOND stall is now offlline. That first one says it's working...but it's not. Who would've guessed!

I'd rather bang an axe against the chargers, because at least that makes me calm and the enemy(ea) angry!

Back