ChargedEVs article series on the state of CCS charging

DeaneG

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, XC40 P8 EV
Referral Code
3OKY7YGA
I found this first article interesting, of four planned articles, with off-the-record insight on CCS charging turmoil from industry execs:

Funny how all the legacy OEMs are pissed they don't get to free ride off of VW dieselgate reparations.

I'm not an attorney, and my simple way of looking at this EA thing is that the 2 billion dollars for EA belong to the taxpayers since VW would have had to pay that to the government had the idea of EA not come up. So, in an indirect way, we kind of own EA.
If this line of thinking is reasonable, it'd be nice for some accountability from EA to the people who fund the project, i.e. us.

Part 2 shows issues with NACS moving forward.

While we are bitching and complaining about EV charging network and automakers are jumping onto NACS, Germany has these charging facilities.

Their videos are always so long I fall asleep midway 😴
I asked if he'd consider making Cliff Notes versions of his videos: no go. I think it's because youtube pays by length.

I asked if he'd consider making Cliff Notes versions of his videos: no go. I think it's because youtube pays by length.
then he must be a millionaire by now lol him and Alex on Autos are my melatonin.

then he must be a millionaire by now lol him and Alex on Autos are my melatonin.

I could have bought the VINFAST (VFS ticker) that he trashed in his review so much and he could be rich after the stock fell down 43.84% today to $46.25

In theory, if he could borrow $250,000 to buy VFS on its opening price of $10.45, he would get 23923.44498 shares.
Today, after the stock slipped from $82.35 down to $46.25, he still got $1,106,459.33!

I get it. The video is too long and Kyle is not well liked on this Forum. While this post is about the automaker switching from CCS over to NCAS, it is going from one evil over to the devil and his network. Kyle video shows what Germany and EU EV charging station that put our charging network to shame.

Kyle video shows what Germany and EU EV charging station that put our charging network to shame.

That is not the EU charging network. Porsche has 1 station so far. Plans a few more in German speaking countries.

There are a few stations as nice as the generic one shown in Kyle's other video.

Tesla has several 40 plus plug stations with private lounges and amenities in the USA.

The Tesla Diner/Charging station in Santa Monica,CA will be second to none.

Back