Electrify America Issues

I tried emailing the fed dept responsible for overseeing EA, and didn't get a response. Not sure anyone is watching.
Oh I’m sure Pete Butijudge will be right on it as soon as he gets back from another vacay! I had another horrendous experience today stopping by a fairly new EA location ( open less than a year) 4 kiosks, one says unavailable. After 10 minutes an Audi pulls out of kiosk #3 and the driver informs me she is down to 13percent and it’s not really working, says she hopes she doesn’t run out before she gets home. I try plugging in get the red authenticate no go with both cables. I pullout and an ionic pulls in the same kiosk and he starts charging but at 6 Kw. I wait for charger #2 and lo and behold it works,I dont even have to go through the app! But only charging at 6 kw( I‘M at 20% initially ) strangely after 20 minutes this rises to 7kw even though it’s only me and the ionic as the third guy has left long ago. Still frustrating for everyone there plus a few that gave up when the three kiosks were full. In situations like these I don’t even bother with calling EA as they seem to be overwhelmed.

EA totally sucks in my nick of the woods (East Bay California). There are three locations I (attempt) to use.
1. Walmart, Union City: one station does not recognize my GT"s VIN and asks for payment. The other stations have reduced the kW speed by 30%.
2. Brookvale, Fremont: all but one station is functioning.
3. Foodmax, Newark: only 2 of 5 charging stations work.
Every time I go to charge is a stressful adventure.

More and more I drive up to an Electrify America charging station and multiple units are out of order. Does anyone know what’s going on with them?
Most of the time half don't work and 150s outperform 350s. Since EA had been paid in advance by lucid, why not make using their juice more difficult and therefore more restrictive. That's what happens when you pay in advance. Lucid should have a non performance penalty to keep them honest. Too many more don't recognize my account and to avoid being stranded I had to pay with credit card. Los Angeles basin is crippled. EA will wipe out the growing EV industry. We need an reliable infrastructure or I'm going back to gas... No other options

I've had issues with connecting to the car and the station power being down graded. For the issues with connection the first time I had to call EA and that fixed the issue. The other time I had to switch to the other charging plug on the same unit.

I was at EA in Chicopee, Mass yesterday. PErfect example of why we have a LONG WAY TO GO with EVs as the future of automobiles:

1. 4 stalls....1 totally out of service. I called....faulty cable or connector.
2. Other 3 were full with 4 people waiting.
3. One MASSHOLE was at 80% when I pulled in. I checked on his progress and pull....he informs me he is going to 90%. I inform him he's only pulling 27 kW and that they progressively slow after 80. He either doesn't understand or doesn't care.
4. I wait...30/40 minutes later, I finally get to charge on a "hyperfast" 350. I never pulled more than 130.
5. I charge to 40% or just enough to get home without feeling nervous. I finally leave after a good hour or more in what SHOULD have taken 10 minutes TOPS!!!
6. To make matters worse, as I was leaving, that same MASSHOLE from #3 was still there at 97%.

I just finished a 700 mile RT from Chicagoland to Eau Claire, Wisconsin this weekend. The way up didn't require a charge until I got to Eau Claire, the charger there had the bounce for a bit, but I charge from 8% to 75% in 1/2 hour while shopping. On the way back we stopped by a charger in Tomah and Madison and both seemed to give the amount of power expected at 50% charge, around 120 kW.

One thing I noticed is most dispensers had one cable out of order, but at least it was noted on the screen.

3.5 mi/kW average for the trip. The car was pretty packed with 4 adults and a full frunk/trunk.

I was at EA in Chicopee, Mass yesterday. PErfect example of why we have a LONG WAY TO GO with EVs as the future of automobiles:

1. 4 stalls....1 totally out of service. I called....faulty cable or connector.
2. Other 3 were full with 4 people waiting.
3. One MASSHOLE was at 80% when I pulled in. I checked on his progress and pull....he informs me he is going to 90%. I inform him he's only pulling 27 kW and that they progressively slow after 80. He either doesn't understand or doesn't care.
4. I wait...30/40 minutes later, I finally get to charge on a "hyperfast" 350. I never pulled more than 130.
5. I charge to 40% or just enough to get home without feeling nervous. I finally leave after a good hour or more in what SHOULD have taken 10 minutes TOPS!!!
6. To make matters worse, as I was leaving, that same MASSHOLE from #3 was still there at 97%.
Did you precondition?

Did you precondition?
I did....unfortunately multiple times. Once on way there....then again when I knew I was next.

Did you precondition?

On second thought, was your question to determine why I was pulling so little? If so, there was a message on screen indicating the station was limiting the capacity.

Not sure why, but there you have it.

I just finished a 700 mile RT from Chicagoland to Eau Claire, Wisconsin this weekend. The way up didn't require a charge until I got to Eau Claire, the charger there had the bounce for a bit, but I charge from 8% to 75% in 1/2 hour while shopping. On the way back we stopped by a charger in Tomah and Madison and both seemed to give the amount of power expected at 50% charge, around 120 kW.

One thing I noticed is most dispensers had one cable out of order, but at least it was noted on the screen.

3.5 mi/kW average for the trip. The car was pretty packed with 4 adults and a full frunk/trunk.
It seems like I see jumping between 50-60% SOC and pretty stable outside that area...anyone else seeing this?

Back