TravelCenters of America to add 1000 Electrify America chargers, starting in 2023

JayZee#293

Cars
Lucid Dream Edition P
DE Number
TravelCenters of America Inc. (TA) said Monday it has entered an agreement with Electrify America to expand electric vehicle infrastructure by adding direct current, or DC, charging at some of its locations starting in 2023. The Westlake, Ohio-based company, which offers a range of travel services from fuel, truck maintenance and repair, full-service and quick-service restaurants and parking, said the partners are aiming to install about 1,000 individual chargers at 200 locations along highways over five years. Electrify America will install and operate the charging stations at TA/Petro locations and will manage design and development, including getting permits and providing 24/7 support services.

They have also been recently acquired by BP.

Last edited:
TravelCenters of America Inc. (TA) said Monday it has entered an agreement with Electrify America to expand electric vehicle infrastructure by adding direct current, or DC, charging at some of its locations starting in 2023. The Westlake, Ohio-based company, which offers a range of travel services from fuel, truck maintenance and repair, full-service and quick-service restaurants and parking, said the partners are aiming to install about 1,000 individual chargers at 200 locations along highways over five years. Electrify America will install and operate the charging stations at TA/Petro locations and will manage design and development, including getting permits and providing 24/7 support services.
Got to give it to EA, they could sell ice to the eskimos! How these companies continue to get into agreements with them is beyond me when you see all the issues EA is having.

Got to give it to EA, they could sell ice to the eskimos! How these companies continue to get into agreements with them is beyond me when you see all the issues EA is having.
The only way they can fix things is by growing and increasing revenue so they can invest it in the charging infrastructure. Because of the “free charging” deals they have limited cash flow and need it in order to fix their shit. Deals like this help.

Also, if they don’t fix their shot, TA can come down on them, since they have no vested interest like selling a car.

The only way they can fix things is by growing and increasing revenue so they can invest it in the charging infrastructure. Because of the “free charging” deals they have limited cash flow and need it in order to fix their shit. Deals like this help.

Also, if they don’t fix their shot, TA can come down on them, since they have no vested interest like selling a car.
I think that all of this will pass as technology and knowledge improves. For now, buyers who are not ready to be part of the growth and development of this emerging technology should continue to drive ICE cars.

I think that all of this will pass as technology and knowledge improves. For now, buyers who are not ready to be part of the growth and development of this emerging technology should continue to drive ICE cars.
Either buy an ICE car or buy a Tesla to utilize their vastly superior Superchager Network. Sure hope the rest of the EV charging networks catch up quickly. Tesla Network is the gold standard that they have to reach.

On my road trip from Minnesota across Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and Pennsylvania back in October, all the Travel Center EA's worked flawlessly. They're clean and well maintained, with some even having dedicated Tesla Superchargers, so this company is clearly planning for the next generation.

Back