Doors painfully slow to unlock…

I have an iPhone I use for work and decided to enroll that as a mobile key. It works quite instantaneously. My Samsung Zfold4 continues to not work unless I open the app to wake the car up. Unpaired and re-paired X3 w/o improvement. All settings maxed. At least it's not the car. I mean, it's the cars and lucid app software but at least it's not the car's hardware.

Updating an issue I reported earlier. The car would not wake from sleep when pressing in the driver's door handle. If the car was awake, pressing the driver's door handle would unlock. Pressing in the handles on the passenger side would wake the car from sleep and unlock as expected.

Just got a call from the service center. They determined there was an issue with the mechanism within the driver's door handle that was preventing it from waking the car. They replaced that mechanism and it is apparently good to go (I can't confirm personally as it's still at the SC getting a few other items addressed)

So it seems with every update it just gets worse, this morning it flat pissed me off! My car sometimes has quite a delay when I walk up to it before the doors will unlock and the handles will deploy. In the past I’ve taken my key and pushed once to “lock” and then wait and then it finally realizes I’m there and unlocks. Sometimes I can push on the door handles themselves and wait for a while and they will finally deploy. A few times this has happened in the rain where every wasted second waiting to get in the car is really annoying. This morning it just flat wouldn’t open, finally opened the mobile app on my phone, waited for the car to wake up, waited for the app to actually start working, then unlocked the doors in the app and waited and waited until they finally unlocked and the handles deployed. Literally took about 3 minutes, which to some may not seem like a long time, but if that’s what you think, go stand by your door and count to 180 before opening it and then realize how frustrating it actually is! Is anybody else having this issue? No, I haven’t called Lucid yet as I just needed to move the damn car so I could get my pickup out of the garage and didn’t want to wait on hold forever trying to get a tech on the phone and all the hassles that go with it.
I had that issue yesterday also in the rain. Car did not detect my iphone when I was near it. I tried opening the app but the rain was hitting my phone and changing apps. I had to hold my phone upside down and look up into it to get to the app to unlock the car. So annoying. I was soaking wet by the time I got into the car. I thought the key fob might have been better but from reading your post, I guess not.

Updating an issue I reported earlier. The car would not wake from sleep when pressing in the driver's door handle. If the car was awake, pressing the driver's door handle would unlock. Pressing in the handles on the passenger side would wake the car from sleep and unlock as expected.

Just got a call from the service center. They determined there was an issue with the mechanism within the driver's door handle that was preventing it from waking the car. They replaced that mechanism and it is apparently good to go (I can't confirm personally as it's still at the SC getting a few other items addressed)
Aww I need to track and ask service for this then. What service center did this fix for you if we need a reference or if you can load a screenshot of invoice that would help me just the customer problem solution and part number replaced. Please and thanks

I had that issue yesterday also in the rain. Car did not detect my iphone when I was near it. I tried opening the app but the rain was hitting my phone and changing apps. I had to hold my phone upside down and look up into it to get to the app to unlock the car. So annoying. I was soaking wet by the time I got into the car. I thought the key fob might have been better but from reading your post, I guess not.
So, I deleted my mobile key completely and use the key fobs instead. With that change, it's been working great for me now. I believe the mobile key is the problem. Try that and see. Also saves the phone battery. I don't mind carrying a fob.

Aww I need to track and ask service for this then. What service center did this fix for you if we need a reference or if you can load a screenshot of invoice that would help me just the customer problem solution and part number replaced. Please and thanks
I will let you know details when I get my car back. It's still at the Scottsdale SC.

Whatever is causing the problem with your car not unlocking right is going to be a lot easier than you might think.

Start with a key fob battery first and let us know if it anything improves or not.

If you don't have a small screwdriver to open the key, order one at the same time.

If you insist on buying one from a local store ensure it's either 1) Duracell with "Compatible with Apple AirTags" on the packaging or 2) the same Toshiba CR 2032 I just linked on Amazon.
My key fob isn’t working. But should this happen after owning the car for less than 3 months?

So, you have the fob in hand, and it's not opening for you automatically? Okay. But does clicking it twice not open it? If it does, I think that woman would be quite safe. Just a bit inconvenienced by having to do what every car owner has done since the dawn of key fobs.

If two clicks aren't opening the doors, either, then—as everyone here seems to agree—you have a dead fob. Either the battery, or the fob itself. Try the battery. If that doesn't work, make Lucid give you a new fob.

Sooo not correct. I’m a woman. Had the Dream since it came out. Endless new fobs, batteries, service calls…you name it. I f’ing hate constantly waiting next to my car in the street while traffic whips past me. I hate feeling vulnerable to my always temperamental door handles. It’s a thing. Lucid hasn’t been able to fix it. It’s a thing. I am not “quite safe”. My Tesla fobs did not require 2 clicks.

Sooo not correct. I’m a woman. Had the Dream since it came out. Endless new fobs, batteries, service calls…you name it. I f’ing hate constantly waiting next to my car in the street while traffic whips past me. I hate feeling vulnerable to my always temperamental door handles. It’s a thing. Lucid hasn’t been able to fix it. It’s a thing. I am not “quite safe”. My Tesla fobs did not require 2 clicks.
Even recent motor trend article mentions the same. Keyfob issue is something Lucid needs to address promptly. They should just redesign The keyfob or allow us to buy the Gravity keyfob. I don’t need it to be lightweight and streamlined with no visible buttons. A regular keyfob would do fine.

Even recent motor trend article mentions the same. Keyfob issue is something Lucid needs to address promptly. They should just redesign The keyfob or allow us to buy the Gravity keyfob. I don’t need it to be lightweight and streamlined with no visible buttons. A regular keyfob would do fine.
That would require a hardware change in the car itself as well.

This is not, IMO, a design flaw since some (like myself) have had no issues with the fob since day 1 of ownership. The car is always unlocked by the time I get to the car. I think I’ve had 2 instances where I had to wait 1-2 seconds for the unlocking. Obviously certain owners are having an issue that Lucid hasn’t been able to reliably diagnose.

This is not, IMO, a design flaw since some (like myself) have had no issues with the fob since day 1 of ownership. The car is always unlocked by the time I get to the car. I think I’ve had 2 instances where I had to wait 1-2 seconds for the unlocking. Obviously certain owners are having an issue that Lucid hasn’t been able to reliably diagnose.
Exactly. My fobs and my phone both open my car very consistently. There has to be an issue with antennas or something else for some people.

I set my car to passive unlock. It opens within 2 or 3 seconds 99% of the time. What about the key card?

I must add that my experience so far has not been great using my iPhone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Even yesterday during lunch with co-workers ... I had to have everyone wait 3 - 4 minutes until I could get the door open which was not a good first impression. And when I DID finally get in .. It was necessary to input my passcode when I tried to put it into D which is the first time I've ever seen this behavior. My fob was nowhere nearby and I kept my card in my wallet never using it.

I think a simple back up solution is to enable the NFC reader on the car to read the iPhone if it is held near the B pillar if the door handles do not present by the time I reach the car.

I usually go fob-less, but do have some instances where the handles won't present themselves unless I use the app.. My experience is that the car will unlock nearly 100% of the time when I first try at home in the morning. Then I'll go to Starbucks. When I get back to my car after picking up my coffee (1 minute or so), the car will not unlock unless I use the app.. In my case, it seems when the car was recently locked, it won't unlock by pressing in the handles. If the car sits for a longer period of time, the unlock by pressing the handles is just about 100%.

I've had instances where keyfob is in pocket yet car doesn't wake up.

It's an issue for enough owners that they really need to address it. I always feel like I am playing roulette every time I walk up to my car. I do not use the fob though, to be honest. I almost always try to have my phone in my hand and at least awake. I would say the car unlocks before I get to the car about 50% of the time, 45% within a few seconds of reaching the car and 5% I actually have to hit the unlock icon on the app.

I had one Lucid Rep tell me at one point that they felt like they tried to make everything so "ahead of its' time" that they made the mundane a real issue. I think this falls into that category. If it ain't broke then why fix it. I really don't see a focus group saying, "hey, I hate having to carry this fob and press the button on my door handle, it's too much effort".

I just hope it improves over time, but I do not expect it to. I think improvement will come with a model year change and those that came before will be stuck "managing".

How to you lock an app on android and what is the purpose of doing that? I have the app set to be unrestricted and all available permissions already. Just not familiar with locking an app (how or why to do it).

I just read this entire thread because, like many of you, I've been having this issue from day 1. I've tried the fobs separately, mobile key separately, deleting app and mobile key separately, and recently had the car in for a month for service to fix it. They did a lot of work and replaced multiple parts and antennae but I still have issues with the car unlocking consistently as I approach or stand there and wait or push the door handle and occasionally have to use the app (after waiting quite a bit for the app to wake up the car).

But, interestingly, I have a different perspective than many others because they loaned me a GT while my Touring was in for this recent service. The GT loaner was almost flawless with locking and unlocking using the fob (no mobile key option with loaners). So, I have reached the conclusion that it is very vehicle specific and I'm not convinced that even Lucid's engineers know why it works better on some cars than on others. If they did, I would think they could fix all of the cars with issues to operate just like Bobby's, Borski's, Joe's and Hydbob's.

At this point, I'm about to give up on trying to figure it out or fix it because I don't know what else to do or what can be done. I will try to go back to the fob for a bit, though. Maybe they fixed what they needed to do for the fob recognition but not the mobile key? Maybe it's a phone setting I'm not aware of? Ain't technology great? LOL

Back