• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Doors painfully slow to unlock…

@hydbob
Yes, I have it set at unrestricted too.
But if enough time elapses, the car does not open when I approach it. I have to unlock the phone and click on the app. My iPhone doesn't seem to have that issue
hmm. That only happens to me when it's overnight and the first time waking up for the day. Weird. Have you tried to unpair and repair your phone? I did that about 2 updates ago and it worked better afterwards.

Zfold4 here. Maybe it doesn't like Samsungs. Sad because it works perfectly with my Rivian
Works perfectly fine with my phone.

Aaaannd I just tried the key fob the entire day today, first time using it since delivery. It works flawlessly at detecting I'm there very quickly with zero wait time (I do keyless entry pressing the door handle to unlock - no passive unlock). So keyfob working great, mobile key not waking up the car for me. Weird because I see lots of threads where it's the key that doesn't work well....

Aaaannd I just tried the key fob the entire day today, first time using it since delivery. It works flawlessly at detecting I'm there very quickly with zero wait time (I do keyless entry pressing the door handle to unlock - no passive unlock). So keyfob working great, mobile key not waking up the car for me. Weird because I see lots of threads where it's the key that doesn't work well....
The fob works very well as long as the battery is fresh. The biggest complaint about the key fob here is the short battery life that some people have experienced.

My fob has worked flawlessly since the day I got it. It's the mobile key that has been very iffy. It actually has been working this week, but after all this time I still feel safer with the fob in my purse.

The mobile key on my IPhone12 works great in the garage (WiFi ) especially when I do not need the doors unlocked 🤪. I know we have the passive unlock but that is another story.

When out and about it has a mind of its own but I power through it. It is my go to and only option 98% of the time. I do keep the key in the pouch with me for emergencies.

Biggest concern is forgetting the phone in the car because then the car does not lock. Thankfully it only happened once and I was only gone a few minutes.

The mobile key on my IPhone12 works great in the garage (WiFi ) especially when I do not need the doors unlocked 🤪. I know we have the passive unlock but that is another story.

When out and about it has a mind of its own but I power through it. It is my go to and only option 98% of the time. I do keep the key in the pouch with me for emergencies.

Biggest concern is forgetting the phone in the car because then the car does not lock. Thankfully it only happened once and I was only gone a few minutes.
Leave the fob at home and put the valet card in your wallet. Much easier to carry.

IMO the Lucid fob is so light and small, it’s more a preference for what you’re comfortable with. Other than one battery replacement at the beginning, it’s never caused an issue.

I’ve used so many fobs, I was initially struck by the unusual lightness of the Lucid fob. It’s so light, I almost don’t know it’s in my pocket. My i4 fob probably weighs 3x what the Lucid fob does.

I have the same wait time issue with my Air Pure and iPhone 14. My workaround is (when I remember) to open up the app before I leave and turn on climate control. This way the car seems to be more sensitive to the phone app and the doors open, mostly, when I get to the car. This situation is entirely unacceptable with a car of this cost.

I have the same wait time issue with my Air Pure and iPhone 14. My workaround is (when I remember) to open up the app before I leave and turn on climate control. This way the car seems to be more sensitive to the phone app and the doors open, mostly, when I get to the car. This situation is entirely unacceptable with a car of this cost.
Mobile Key has absolutely nothing to do with the app, except initial setup.

Can you explain a bit? If I am walking towards my car and I just have my phone, I assume the car needs to read the presence/proximity of the iPhone to unlock the doors. If I have the app up and running I believe you are saying that this has no affect on how quickly the car reads the phone. Is that accurate?

That might be true for iPhones, but for Android the app has to be open or running in the background for the mobile key to work.

Can you explain a bit? If I am walking towards my car and I just have my phone, I assume the car needs to read the presence/proximity of the iPhone to unlock the doors. If I have the app up and running I believe you are saying that this has no affect on how quickly the car reads the phone. Is that accurate?
On the iPhone, it is not necessary to have the app, open, active, in the background, or anything. The app is only used to set up the key. You can use the app separately to unlock the car, but that is done via the Internet using your cellular Wi-Fi signal. Mobile key uses Bluetooth. Much more info about this can be found at www.lucidupdates.com.

Oh? Can you say more about this? What are the conditions for this feature? I guess a certain kind of phone, but also a certain feature enabled all the time, eg Bluetooth?

All having the app open does is wake the car up for a faster handshake for mobile key.

Back