Doors painfully slow to unlock…

I was just told by upper level tech to only use Panasonic batteries in the fob. I question them on this and he said it’s just the way that it is had numerous problems with my fob using energizers. I will advise how the new batteries seem to perform.

I've taken to tapping my iPhone on the drivers side B-pillar, just above the camera window, to unlock the car. There seems to be something in the process of the RFID readers interacting that wakes up both the car and the phone to start the unlock process, even though the RFID isn't used as the key. It's been the most reliable and consistent way to use the mobile key that I've found.

I've taken to tapping my iPhone on the drivers side B-pillar, just above the camera window, to unlock the car. There seems to be something in the process of the RFID readers interacting that wakes up both the car and the phone to start the unlock process, even though the RFID isn't used as the key. It's been the most reliable and consistent way to use the mobile key that I've found.
Have you tried taking out your phone and wiggling it around somewhere other than the B-pillar? I doubt there's any NFC interaction going on, my experience is that it just takes giving the phone a good wiggle. The phone has to wake up to then ask the car to wake up.

Tesla app just works….hope Lucid fixes this soon.

I have both iphone and android due to work.
Honestly the iphone is far more reliable as a key. The car senses my iphone every time, which is really irritating considering my personal phone is the android. I have noticed that Bluetooth in general can be finicky and repairing the phone and car often improves the issue. This is the same experience I have with other Bluetooth devices like ear buds and occasionally needing to re-pair with other car brands too.

Back