• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Doors painfully slow to unlock…

In terms of the fob, don't be fooled by the fact that your car is only a few weeks old. Mine too was only a few weeks old when the fob needed batteries. You don't know how long it's actually been since the car was manufactured nor how many attempts the fob has made to contact the car. You may be right about it being a software issue too, but I'd still replace the batteries to rule that out of the equation.
I'm just using the mobile key not fob. That's why its a bit frustrating. As others pointed out, got to wait 30 sec or more for the car to wake up and then then open/close doors. I think this is 100% a software issue. I also have a Tesla and it works like a charm everytime.

I posted the same thing in this thread and was told I was wrong.

https://lucidowners.com/threads/mobile-key-on-apple-watch.6613/

I did all of the suggestions: removed the car from the app, removed the app, deleted the phone from the car, and then re-added everything.
Did not solve my problem.

I still have to take the phone out of my pocket, touch the screen to wake up the phone, and then pressing the door handles work.

iPhone 14 running 16.6.1

Very frustrating
I would contact customer service because this is not the intended behavior.

mine is slow to unlock if i come directly behind the trunk but i have 99% success if i press the door handle once. it unlocks almost immediately. the car does a good job of informing you if the fob runs low on battery. my car has been showing low battery warning for a few days now. i also heard that the rear antenna could be faulty but i haven't talked to service tech yet.

I was trying to attach a video of me struggling to open the doors today. The site won’t let me attach a video. I have been having this issues since I got my vehicle a few months ago. It is embarrassing that I have to open the app to open the door.

I was trying to attach a video of me struggling to open the doors today. The site won’t let me attach a video. I have been having this issues since I got my vehicle a few months ago. It is embarrassing that I have to open the app to open the door.
Upload your video to YouTube and then link it here.

My mobile key has always been slow to open the car and I'm way too impatient to wait that long. That's if it works at all. If I have the fob in my pocket or purse and approach the car, it opens itself in a second or less. So that's my normal, which doesn't seem like a bit deal to me. Someday I'll get the mobile key working reliably, but it's not a top priority.

My car will not wake upon pressing the driver’s door handle. It is not an issue with the fob battery or the iPhone. It will wake pressing in the passenger side handles.

Based on my interaction with Lucid Engineering, my understanding is that this is a software issue that will be fixed with an update.

I had my car in the shop for door handles not responding appropriately and after investigation they concluded it was software. Update said to be coming. The GT loaner I had did not have an issue but numerous other vehicles at the shop site did have the same issues as mine. My handles do not work with an active unlock but do fine with passive. And the beat goes on.

I had the weirdest experience with the car tonight. I've never had the mobile key work more than 10% of the time, so I just carry the fob around. But I left tonight to pick up dinner with just my phone and license/credit card in my pocket. When I walked into the garage, the car turned on and I left without thinking about it. When I got to the restaurant, about 8 miles away and parked, I realized I didn't have the fob. I'm so used to having it on me that for a minute I was totally confused about how I had been able to drive it there. And then I was worried that once it turned off, it wouldn't turn on again when I came back to it and I'd have to call home for someone to come with the key fob. But the mobile key worked perfectly. As I walked up to the car, it unlocked. I realize this is totally normal for those of you who use the mobile key all the time. But in the nine months I've had the car, this is a new experience for me. I did open the app five minutes before leaving and put in a location in the navigation to send to the car. I don't know if that's what made it work.

I had the weirdest experience with the car tonight. I've never had the mobile key work more than 10% of the time, so I just carry the fob around. But I left tonight to pick up dinner with just my phone and license/credit card in my pocket. When I walked into the garage, the car turned on and I left without thinking about it. When I got to the restaurant, about 8 miles away and parked, I realized I didn't have the fob. I'm so used to having it on me that for a minute I was totally confused about how I had been able to drive it there. And then I was worried that once it turned off, it wouldn't turn on again when I came back to it and I'd have to call home for someone to come with the key fob. But the mobile key worked perfectly. As I walked up to the car, it unlocked. I realize this is totally normal for those of you who use the mobile key all the time. But in the nine months I've had the car, this is a new experience for me. I did open the app five minutes before leaving and put in a location in the navigation to send to the car. I don't know if that's what made it work.
Which phone?

Samsung Galaxy 23 Ultra
I haven’t use my fob in over a year, except for valet purposes. Mobile key has been rock solid on iPhone but I understand there are some challenges on android.

My phone also seems to not wake the car up properly. I have to open the app to wake up the car, and only then passive unlock works. Samsung Zfold4

My phone also seems to not wake the car up properly. I have to open the app to wake up the car, and only then passive unlock works. Samsung Zfold4
Mine normally works that way too, And even after opening the app, it's a long time before the car opens. That's why I was so shocked tonight. The Air just likes iPhones much better than Androids. There was an easy way to keep the Lucid app open in the background, which should help open it quicker. But I think the latest Android update did something because I can't seem to set it up now.

Mine normally works that way too, And even after opening the app, it's a long time before the car opens. That's why I was so shocked tonight. The Air just likes iPhones much better than Androids. There was an easy way to keep the Lucid app open in the background, which should help open it quicker. But I think the latest Android update did something because I can't seem to set it up now.
Just found out now my lucid app on my phone is under "optimized" battery, made it unrestricted and will see tomorrow if it's more instantaneous... every other setting seems maxed out in terms of permissions (location all the time, etc).

This change seemed to fix my mobile key issues on my Rivian, so hoping it's just that.

Just found out now my lucid app on my phone is under "optimized" battery, made it unrestricted and will see tomorrow if it's more instantaneous... every other setting seems maxed out in terms of permissions (location all the time, etc).

This change seemed to fix my mobile key issues on my Rivian, so hoping it's just that.
Make sure you also have it set to never sleep

I mostly always use my key fob mainly because I don’t like the passive unlock sensitivity with mobile key. Anytime I walk near the car it unlocks itself which is good but I don’t want it to do that like when I am at home. So instead I turn off passive unlock and just carry key fob. Double click to unlock , 1 click to lock. Although I also use passive lock.

As others have said make sure the batteries don’t use bittterant coating. A lucid service center should have the best type of battery you can use if those are close to you. You can also clean a battery with bitterant with rubbing alcohol I did that :

Back