Door Handle Trim Scratches

MiamiAlex

Has anyone figured out what to do with the scratches in the inside door trim? I remember Jon Rettinger's six month review showed his door handle trim piece that was all scratched up and the same thing is happening to mine. Anyone have any fixes because I can't imagine what this door will look like in a year if it's already scratched so bad after a month. Any tips appreciated.

Has anyone figured out what to do with the scratches in the inside door trim? I remember Jon Rettinger's six month review showed his door handle trim piece that was all scratched up and the same thing is happening to mine. Anyone have any fixes because I can't imagine what this door will look like in a year if it's already scratched so bad after a month. Any tips appreciated.
is that inside the vehicle? I wonder if that trim could covered in ppf

Do you wear a ring or watch also? I've had mine for a year and I don't have a single scratch, no ring and no watch on that side. I'm not entirely sure that it's on Lucid to prevent you from scratching your own car.

Do you wear a ring or watch also? I've had mine for a year and I don't have a single scratch, no ring and no watch on that side. I'm not entirely sure that it's on Lucid to prevent you from scratching your own car.
Yes, I'm assuming it's probably from rings or watch since it's the left hand. I would assume that a car manufacturer knows people wear rings and watches and would make the door handle
is that inside the vehicle? I wonder if that trim could covered in ppf
Yes, inside door handle (see attached picture). I'll probably take it into a shop to see if they could cover in ppf. I was wondering if someone had already tried it since I don't see myself not wearing watches or rings for the next years not to scratch the door.

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 124
Yes, I'm assuming it's probably from rings or watch since it's the left hand. I would assume that a car manufacturer knows people wear rings and watches and would make the door handle

Yes, inside door handle (see attached picture). I'll probably take it into a shop to see if they could cover in ppf. I was wondering if someone had already tried it since I don't see myself not wearing watches or rings for the next years not to scratch the door.
Apparently it particularly happens with titanium rings. I’ve had mine replaced once (though it was scratched before I got it). It wasn’t an expensive part iirc.

No idea outside of that.

Back