Consumer Reports

Yes, this is behind a paywall. This info will eventually leak out to the general public.

Road test score of 94/100
Predicted owner satisfaction of 5/5
Predicted reliability 2/5
Total score of 66/100
- This compares to a Kia EV6 at 91, BMW ix at 85, Tesla 3 at 78, Subaru Solterra at 75, Nissan Leaf at 70, etc.

Lucid seems to score highly in most categories but then gets dinged on driving position 3/5 (tall drivers I assume), 1/5 for usability (?), Headlights 2/5 (??), Front access 3/5, child safety 3/5 (?), rear seat safety 3/5 (?), rear occupant protection 2/5 (??).

Something seems very off with this scoring model...

sml-joseph.gif

Here I respected Consumer Report's opinion. Time to rethink that proposition...

Total score of 66/100
- This compares to a Kia EV6 at 91, BMW ix at 85, Tesla 3 at 78, Subaru Solterra at 75, Nissan Leaf at 70, etc.

Lucid seems to score highly in most categories but then gets dinged on driving position 3/5 (tall drivers I assume), 1/5 for usability (?), Headlights 2/5 (??), Front access 3/5, child safety 3/5 (?), rear seat safety 3/5 (?), rear occupant protection 2/5 (??).

yea...something is amiss with these scores

Total score of 66/100

The EQS only scored a 67.

66 sounds like a low score. Like a decidedly poor showing compared to the other cars. I don’t understand CR’s scoring system, not when it comes to EVs.

Total score of 66/100

Useability: Our expert judgment of the clarity, intuitiveness, placement, and ease of use.

Child safety: CR's evaluation of the presence and performance of features that improve child safety such as child seat fit, booster fit, as well as rear occupant alerts - intended to prevent kids from dying in hot cars.

rear occupant protection: CR's evaluation of the presence and performance of features designed to provide additional protection for rear occupants, such as adults and kids that have outgrown harnessed car seats, that rely on the vehicle's restraint systems, including rear belt minders, rear head restraints, and advanced rear restraints.

It appears that they tested a Lucid with the 20" Michelin tires rather than the 21" Pirellis.

I stopped relying on CR for car purchases a long time ago. The Lucid is the 4th car I've bought in 20 years. This will be the third that they rated as not recommended or very average, and I've been very happy with them. They tend to dislike new vehicles because they don't have am established safety record on them.

It appears that they tested a Lucid with the 20" Michelin tires rather than the 21" Pirellis.
Based on various feedback on this site, that might have helped the score :)

The Road Test score and efficiency are the key metrics that would interest the typical Lucid driver. The other Consumer Reports metrics are more for the typical Subaru Forester customer.

Based on various feedback on this site, that might have helped the score :)
I have a 2023 AT with 13.6K miles and have contacted CR (I'm a subscriber) about submitting my user experience over the past year. I was told I could not contribute to the auto survey, that the survey is sent to random subscribers. Doesn't seem sensible way to assess user experience, if this chat response is accurate.

1st thing I noticed in the consumer reports EV comparison is the 'real world' range from full was 344 miles (not 519) for the GT. I have noticed my range is closer to 260 vs. the advertised 410 for my Pure AWD

Back