Charging Paused Due to Overheating

thecodingart

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AGT
Referral Code
JWJOWFN3
My car is still in the shop, but I saw the message “Charging Paused Due to Overheating” in the mobile application. I was changing the settings to charge to 100% while it was in the shop just to ensure it was fully juiced. This is something I’ve never witnessed in a single other EV before and is highly concerning. Has anyone else here experienced this?

Attachments

• 99E58642-EB7F-4C6F-9DC8-61A6BCE99D7F.png
    99E58642-EB7F-4C6F-9DC8-61A6BCE99D7F.png
    1,010.8 KB · Views: 188
Note, this message appeared immediately after re-engaging charging on fairly standard (what appears to be) level 2 charger setup.

I’m periodically seeing this screen flash when exiting/entering the app. I’m now curious if this is just an application bug showing an invalid state..

Or a combination of the app displaying a delayed state and the fans being inefficiently applied…

Further, the app stopped reporting any sort of charge state while the limit is set to 100% (not sure if they’re using a Lucid charger that’s also restricting the charge state on their end).

Attachments

• 4D70707D-325E-442E-98E1-BA0BAED5541F.png
    4D70707D-325E-442E-98E1-BA0BAED5541F.png
    660.6 KB · Views: 130
I have never ever seen that message ever even DCFC in 110 degrees. Have I mentioned, I've never seen that message ever?

I, too, have never seen that message. Contact service?

I level 2 charge in some pretty hot weather and I have never seen that kind of error. I routinely charge while at work in Phoenix with the car sitting in the sun.

I never seen that message either.

Looks like you need to call service center to have the charging cable unplugged.

I level 2 charge in some pretty hot weather and I have never seen that kind of error. I routinely charge while at work in Phoenix with the car sitting in the sun.
I have not seen it either and I charge in sunny Arizona as well. But I think that its a good think if Lucid software and battery management is smart enough to throttle charging to prevent fires that have plagued other EVs...

I flagged it up, they said they ran diagnostics and everything seems good.. it’s difficult to get a concrete reason behind anything with them. My car is being returned back to me from the service center tonight though…

Never seen it, never want to! ;)

Back